All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:06 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Would you play the Fall of Gondolin supplement if it was finished
Yeah! Sounds cool! 60%  60%  [ 62 ]
If it had models with it, yeah! 21%  21%  [ 22 ]
Dunno? 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
Nah, I'm sticking with LOTR!!! 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Whats the 'Fall of Gondolin'??? 12%  12%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 103
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:10 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I sent andy a pm with this site on it i might as well show you guys-it has pics and a bit of info.

http://fan.theonering.net/middleearthtours/tuor.html

I thought we could do with a list of helpers aswell so here goes-

Andy son of richard (Creator :wink: )
Pico
Wich king of mordor
orodriun
goblin king
and me

sorry if i missed anyone, if i have just let me know :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:20 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I like the idea of a Fall of Gondolin suppliment I too just got to that chapter in The Book of Lost Tales P.2 Im especially interested in The battle between Gothmog and Glorfindel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:03 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

yay! someone else who has read it! checking for regular updates, feel free to comment on stuff you like or dislike. We need feeback :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:30 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Andy what do you think of the web page? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:35 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Thats really good for some ideas of what to make.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:14 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

That webpage was the actual site i got the pictures from originally :D, its a great site. As is the one Goblin King suggested with loads of pics of elves and stuff!

King Ellessar, you say you have made a fountain? will there be guide on how to build it with pics etc. (all in good time of course)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:48 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

How to make folk of the mole.

2nd age high elf cut of the top bit from the helmet. cut off arms and reposition so the are pointing outwards.
cut off blade (keep) and reposition hands pointing forwards. drill hole through desired hand put wire through here and secure with super glue. put the elven blade at the end of the wire as a speartip. And there you go.

Painting folk of the mole
undercoat black
Drybrush whole model with codex grey (lightly) give the robes an ink wash of 50% blue ink with 50% water. The armour should be drybrushed boltgun metal and highlighted with mithril silver. Face is elf flesh brown ink highlight elf flesh. any decals on weapon etc are shining gold. The tabard is red gore followed by a highlight of blood red then red ink.

This should give them that 'darker' look if its too bright give them a very very very light drybrush of codex grey (so theirs only a tiny bit on the brush)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:50 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

and i dont know if its of any use but I have made Turin (that captain I told you about andy) He follows a perfect pic I found on the net.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:15 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I was just looking around and came across these :shock:

Now this is what I thought about when I thought of ruins!

You can buy them off the site but I wouldn't pay those prices! Maybe if you knocked £10 off! Just maybe.

Check them out, see if any of you are inspired to try and recreate them, making a guide to teach people how to make them (me included)

What do you think?

http://www.southsurf.com/~sasmodels/wargaming.htm

finally, goblin king- whats this Turin model you have made, could we see a pic? How did you make him?

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:15 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Andy i am doing a guide but when i took the pics in progress they didnt work and its undercoated now :( but oh well ill see what i can do. I have had an idea for a few warrior conversions aswell and have just sent you an email with an attachmaent of the front cover i made :D

Just a note- i think before we submit the articles wait for the supplement to be finished so its a suprise to everyone! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:55 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Ah, i'll incorporate those into my guide, thanks AsoR! It should be very easy - using wedding cake pillars!

Also, I've posted a new thread on this subject - http://www.one-ring.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1216 Could you post links and posts saying you want to help out there, keeping this thread as uncluttered as possible?

This is just a temperary measure until we get our own forum topic like the AotK. (great idea btw Andy) *HINT HINT*

Come and visit the White City here!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:36 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I have finished the rules for the elven musicians and the catapult. here they are- Musicians

Any enemy within 4” of the musician must take a courage test. If the elf wins the fight he gets to re roll if he fails to wound.

Musicians have no means of defence other than elven armour and a dagger.

For an extra 10 points they may be upgraded to have a larger instrument. Any enemy within 7” suffer the effect instead of 4”.

Estle Catapult

The same rules for trebuchets with the following exeptions.

Elven Engineers-9pts
(use high elves armed with daggers)
Elves are expert engineers and do not need to volley fire, they can if they wish but don’t have to. Instead it just cant fire at anything within 6” of it.

Elven engineer captains-90pts
(use elven captain rules but with dagger)

Post subject: Wood Elves from Thunderbolt Mountain
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:08 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

The Wood Elves from thunderbolt mountain are the best wood elves I have ever purchased. Ebob told me to check them out, and he said the detail was outstanding. I agree 100%. For the price, you can't beat them. I'll be using them in my army groups for the Fall of Gondolin, as a house that is mainly bow based with light armor, like chain and scale mail. The elf noble line that was released a few weeks ago is awsome. Anyway, if anyone wants to have a better deatiled and better looking force of wood elves, such as Thranduil's elves of Mirkwood, then these are your minis. I was able to purchase 20 wood elves with bows and sowrds in 3 varieties of armor, 20 we's with spears, swords, and shields in 3 varieties of armor, 1 command set (1 standard bearer and 2 musicians), 6 mounted noble elves in heavy armor (both mounted and on foot), 1 noble elf in chain (both mounted and on foot), and 1 elf noble in fancy armor(both mounted andf foot), along with an extra standard for a horse elf. Also, I bought 40 pikes for converting minis, and 70 hand weapons, which included axes, maces, morning stars, clubs, daggers, scimtars, and swords. Lastly, I bought 2 54mm American Civil War figure kits for grins. All this was around $135.00, including fast shipping.

All of these are metal, including the horses. I will be painting 2 of these tonight, and pictures will follow.

As a side note, if you order a noble figure and paint it quickly, send the company a pic of it and you will be givin a choice of 4 miniatures to choose from, free of charge. Tom is trying to get painted examples for a show he is doing at the end of the month, so all pics must be recieved by June 23rd I think. Check these guys out. They are thin compared to GW minis, but this makes them look much more lifelike in appearance. Also, elves are supposed to be thin and nimble.

www.thunderboltmountain.com

Adios

https://www.thunderboltmountain.com/index.php?osCsid=67ae0593e4f2bd5578b357bc20694ef5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:53 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Cool! I'm actually considering purchasing some of these models myself. Pico, maybe you should paint some up and give us some photos to go along side their description in the rule book.

Also did ebob or scibor get back to you on your suggestion? we aint heard anything else? :(

Finally I email Dagorlad into the (very unlikely) possibility of having a Fall of Gondolin topic. :D Fingers crossed

Laters, Andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:46 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I like the rules written for musicians - but 5pts is a little too cheap, it should be more like 50 with the option of having ahn extra attack! Also, the rules for siege engines for the Gondolindrim are also cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:42 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

All I've heardfrom ebob is that he thinks the idea of having Rog's elves with hammers sounds neat and he is interested, but no more communication has taken place between us. Scibor says he wants to help out, so I sent him the pdf file, but he says he has trouble reading and speaking english, so it may take a little while to hear back form him.

Both are interested, but as whether or not they'll make any minis is still doubtful. I have done some research, and I think I will be able to produce all of the houses without too many problems. The only thing will be that if people want to use these minis and play as a true supplement with many elves, then it can get a little expensive. I think we will have to make possibly 2 lists of minis. List 1 would be for more experienced or wealthy players who want to get several manufacturer's minis for this game. List 2 will contain only Games Workshop minisin the Lord of the Rings Range with conversion guides for all. Anyway, I guess there should be a list 3 that just has the basic minis with no conversions to be done.

I have painted 2 nobles from the wood elf line of Thunderbolt mountain minis. I think they are extremely nice. They are coming out with a high elf line, but it won't be out for several months at the earliest. I have the 2 minis paints, but still need to finish their weapons later today. As soon as I get them done I'll upload them to the gallery. I added them to a round base, so there is not much difference vs LOTR minis. I then took a little greenstuff and blended the minis base into the GW base, for a more even effect. I also need to finish the bases by painting and flocking. I am going to make a woody base, to better reflect their woodland lifestyle. This might look a little out of place in Gondolin, but you need to base minis where you will play the most.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:46 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

My gallery now has 2 examples of the wood elves from Thundebolt mountain. Check them out and add feedback.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:14 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

The elves look great pico! Especially the blue sections. Who will you use them for? And how much were they?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:35 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

they are good but I wont be able to get any as the company is american.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:13 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I bought quite a few minis... 20 bows, 20 spears, 8 mounted captains, and 8 foot captains. I plan on using 6 of the captains as cavalry... elnaith. They are wearing what looks like plate armor and have shields, spears, and swords. I might take out the spears and add either a pike or lance. Anyway, the minis are fairly inexpensive, compared to Games Workshop. Individual prices are $3.00 for spearmen and $2.50 for bows. They are cheaper in bulk, being $25.00 for 20 bows and $30.00 for 20 spears. That is a huge savings vs individual, but don't fret. You can buy 6 spears for $12.00 and 6 bows for $10.00. Also, the nobles are cheap in that they are available as foot, mounted or both. The prices are $3.00, $5.00 and $8.00. Also, you can buy 6 of a pose for $12.00, $20.00, and $32.00. ALso, these are available in a pack of 20 for $80.00, which is cheap considering that the horses are metal too! Compare a Glorfindel pack, which is $15.00 for the 2 poses.

Yes, they are in the US, but I don't discriminate on companies unless they charge a buttload for shipping. I buy GW stuff from the UK store all the time so I can get it before it comes out in the US. I am in the US, so I guess I don't have any problems with buying made in the USA goods.

LASTLY, these minis are a killer deal if you also buy at least $100.00 worth, since you can then get 10% off your order. Shipping is FAST and they take paypal and credit cards.

I hope this helps, and remember the website is www.thunderboltmountain.com

As a sidenote... I am not affiliated with this company... I just think they have the best minis for woodelves.. most detail ever in a mini.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next