All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:00 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Would you play the Fall of Gondolin supplement if it was finished
Yeah! Sounds cool! 60%  60%  [ 62 ]
If it had models with it, yeah! 21%  21%  [ 22 ]
Dunno? 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
Nah, I'm sticking with LOTR!!! 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Whats the 'Fall of Gondolin'??? 12%  12%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 103
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:30 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Im making some Noldor elves based upon some images I have found. I am making an Elnaith (elven cavalry) right now. I have used a high elf top half with a converted lance and shield.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:15 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Pico having looked at your rules for Tuor one thing came to mind, Aragorn+Elrond :(! I'm not sure about every one else but I think the +1 might should remain unique to Aragorn, but if every one else disagrees with me then fair enough we’ll change it.

I agree Tuor is a great hero, perhaps we could make him have 5pts of might instead of +1 to represent this? I dunno that’s my opinion. What does everyone else think. I don't want to sound like i'm having a go pico sorry :(

However, I do like the helm rule its quite different. This is what we need, unique rules, not anything thats too powerful but something small that is effective in some ways. I also agree with the Dramborleg rule (although Aragorn-ish). The original rules for the axe prevented evil heroes using might in the same combat (again a unique rule). However thinking about it these rules reflect the fact that Tuor slew many at a time.

This is my opinion on the matter, what does everyone else think. Talk to me people talk to me!!! :D

Pico like those models, may invest in some myself but don't you think they look abit thin? Prob just me :roll: as usual! Keep up good work everyone! Good stuff.

Andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:12 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

andy_son_of_richard sorry, but i havent recieved the pm :( could you please send it again :?: sorry :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:13 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I made a wall but its not great.
Chck out my terrain gallery to see it.[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:21 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

There cool goblin king! :shock: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:22 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

not really

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:41 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

:shock: no no no!!! Sorry King Ellessar I ment ur email inbox! Silly me! Clear as mud, as usual :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:43 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Andy can you send me the pdf version of them rules (or any version at all really)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:50 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

andy_son_of_richard said:
Quote:
Pico having looked at your rules for Tuor one thing came to mind, Aragorn+Elrond ! I'm not sure about every one else but I think the +1 might should remain unique to Aragorn, but if every one else disagrees with me then fair enough we’ll change it.

I agree Tuor is a great hero, perhaps we could make him have 5pts of might instead of +1 to represent this? I dunno that’s my opinion. What does everyone else think. I don't want to sound like i'm having a go pico sorry

Have to say, I totally agree with you there. One thing I found really good about this supplement was the fact you had resisted the urge to add aragorny characters to it. They really do upset the game, and can kill everything easily. It is all too simpe to just make up super good heroes, but we have to remember that ultimately, they didn't manage to save the city in the end.

Come and visit the White City here!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:19 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Okay, I'll give in quite easily on the +1 Might for this guy. His reduced fight value over the one posted would make his fighting a Balrog be a toss up. A problem for a supplement like this is that there are many hard evil characters. This is all dependant on the scenarios of course, but I guess more scenarios should be written before any characters are firmly developed.

An idea I was having for the Balrogs would be that they can disarm opponents with their whips and darts. Tuor's helm could be made a target, causing him to lose his helm. Also, his axe, as well as Turgon's shield, could be removed by an attacking beast. This is just an idea, so tell me what you think.

Evil will be far overpowering, but we can't make it where the outcome is already predictable. Good must be allowed a chance at victory. While this is not the outcome of the book, having this supplement geared towards the elves lose from the start seems like a waste. Good characters must represent to a certain level what they indeed accomplished at this battle. Rog, Ecthelion, Glorfindel, and Tuor, as well as Gwindor(i think is right spelling) all killed freely. Numbers are what wore them down.

Anyway, thanks for the responses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:10 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

ASOR i recieved your email today and i can open the microsoft word files but not the pdf's. is there another way to format it eg-word. sorry again :oops: ill tell you if i get it working :) and the scenarios look good so far! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:25 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Andy send me the PDF files then ms word ones in a seperate e-mail if it wont work. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:06 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

No worries now its all sorted! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:10 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

could you send them to me as im working on this too. I am converting minis and making scenery. Please ellessar :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:37 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

goblin king pm andy and he'll send them to you- i dont want to send someone elses work without permission-no offence :D What have you made so far. I have finished the fountain but it still needs paint and water. Andy is there anything else to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:57 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hello all!

Goblin King I sent you the stuff via hotmail minus the history, background info and city fight rules as they contain pictures and take up a lot of space! The whole document is about 2.5MB and hotmail can only store 2MB!!! Anyway – check your hotmail account….

In answer to the King Ellessar question ‘what can I do next?’ here are a list of stuff that needs doing:

 Feedback and discussion on status or heroes

 Feedback on other matters, such as campaign layout

 Proof reading of Background, history and rules etc. (cause I aint fantastic at English :()

 Reviewing/modification of Rules

 Reviewing/modification of Status and points costs

 Writing of scenarios – Based on those in the notes

 Play testing scenarios

 Conversions or suggested models for supplement (even sculpted models if possible)

 Painting guides

 Tactics (especially for the Gondolindrim vs beasties as pico has highlighted – I’m working on this one don’t worry – it is possible to kill em!)

 Art work:
    - Random pictures to make it ‘look good’ (pics of elven buildings, loads of orcs fighting elves etc.)
    - Maps for scenarios – (Hate word auto shapes)
    - Photos and quotes of the game in action to stick here and their, again to make it ‘look good’.

 Terrain guides for:
    - Elven buildings, both ruined and intact
    - Elven walls
    - Extra bits such as fountains, details for buildings, statues etc.
    - Possible guide on how to make the streets of Gondolin

 Rules for:
    - Estle Catapult
    - Cubeleg – (siege bow for Gondolin)
    - Musicians
    - Possible Elven mages?
    - Additional rules you think would work well

Note that I don’t expect every one to help out it they don’t want to, nor do I wish it upon anyone to try to do every thing! I’d prefer if people had their own little input rather than taking on too much and producing a ‘not so good output’. I’m hoping it to be AOTK standard, which is going to be tough, but we can do it! :D

I probably haven’t covered every thing either. If you are interested pick a single thing and work on it and feed it back :) Don’t be put off if it seems theres a lot to do, cause to tell the truth there is and it aint going take a couple more days – I’m thinking weeks – maybe even months if ebob and scibor are helping sculpt models for it.

Post work on to the forum so that we can look at it and make comments on it. I’m thinking about being really cheeky and contacting the site managers if we can make a Fall of Gondolin Forum, like they have for the AOTK, as this post is getting rather crowded! Anyway, sorry about the length of this post (again :roll: ). See what you can do…but most important of all…feedback :) and have fun!

Laters, Andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:56 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Thanks for sending the stuff, I would still like to help out with Painting Guides. I am not the greatest convertionist, but I would still have a go. If there any characters or warriors you would like me to try, could you send me a quick description of them and I'll try my best.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:15 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I can do any and all terrain guides, draw random pictures if you tell me what to draw, make conversion guides if I can convert the models, painting guides, write rules and proof read, and create campaign ideas - I have created two entire campaigns at the moment, and have plans for a third that could be used for Gondolin. (I can't do all of them, though - i could justdo any of these. I think I'll start with some more terrain guides, as I enjoy writing them.)

The buildings article will soon have pictures, as I have some new foamboard to make the buildings with. I will submit it soon, and I could also send it to AsoR via e-mail if he wants to check it over.

Come and visit the White City here!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:37 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

your work looks great at the moment. i am going to have a go at a few of the charecters and the dragons. i have finished the fountain and started the statues and asor i think your maps are great! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:44 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I am doing what ever I can. We should begin to make a set of people working on it though. The rules are real cool. I have found loads of artwork (as you know) and this can be incorperated into the project.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next