All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 11:14 am

Post subject: Shagrat the general
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:35 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

This is just a topic about him. First and foremost I like his stats and I think his profile is cool. For the longest time till I got the sourcebooks I thought he was the sake stats with a shield added on. Little did I know he was a younger General of an army!

My question is have you ever seen him used or used him? What do you think about him for his points? I really love this models pose and idea so I want to use him but he's a bit expensive. I like to stay at 90 or below with heroes in a game that's 750 pts or less.

Post subject: Re: Shagrat the general
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:26 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Ive used him and he is like a cyclone, goes through enemy lines with 3 attacks and strength 5 means he kills his opponents almost every turn and if he does his knock down rule means their dead next turn ahah, only let down is a fight of 5 which is useless against elf heroes and other high point heroes. Definitely worth the points.

My W.I.P - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=28062
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:37 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Yeh that knock-down it ridiculously powerful for a character already touting such impressive stats.
I'd say he'd be great for leading a group of Morgul Stalkers/Black Guard of Barad-Dur to punch a hole through an enemy battleline/shieldwall.
Maybe put in the Dark Marshall for a banner and transfixes and you've got a Death Star right there. :P

He's also one of the only models in the Mordor list with 3 Might, decent Courage and close combat prowess. :)

OERP
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:57 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Shagrat his just worth his points. Period. He can easily kill his points worth of models in almost any game. If you do happen to be fighting Fight 6+ models, just keep him away from them. I wouldnt waste much time calling Heroic Strikes on him when you could call a Heroic Fight instead on regular units on the charge and butcher through ranks.

Though honestly, if you have Shagrat, you should have a Ringwraith and that should deal with Fight 6+ models.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:25 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Personally I combine him with a task master and another two Uruk Hai heroes and use them to decimate enemy troops and minor heroes with a rash of heroic combats. His weakness was his fight of 5, which can now be boosted with heroic strike!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:55 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Yeah, I figured what you guys said would be the truth. I looked at his stats and thought wow, that thing is a beast, why have I not seen more people use him or talk about him. He can carve through man heros very easily it looks like. And 3 attacks? Not a high % of models have that.....even heros.