All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 3:18 am

Post subject: Harad and Umbar 750 pt and questions
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:32 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Ok, I know they are in the same section, but I have a question.

Technically, can a Mahud King on camel lead a warband of corsairs, and can Hasharin lead a warband of Mahud warriors?

Your opinion of this army:

General:
Suludan
6 haradrim with spear
6 haradrim with bow

Mahud King on Camel
3 serpent guard mounted

Haradrim Chieftan
6 haradrim with spear (2 upgraded to +1 courage warrior of abrakhan for final pts)
6 haradrim with bow

Haradrim Taskmaster
6 watchers of karna
6 of the same with bows

Corsair Bo 'sun
4 corsair arbalesters
8 corsair reavers

----------

What do you guys think? Any suggestions would be great help!

Last edited by LordoftheBrownRing on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject: Re: Harad and Umbar
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:37 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I believe yes to all of the above

My W.I.P - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=28062
 Post subject: Re: Harad and Umbar
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:51 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I hope so. I want my newly purchased Mahud King on camel to lead my corsairs and haradrim into battle!

Side Note: I own 1 Mahud model total. Lol. Well two if you count 1 spearman on the way. Lmao I suck at living.

Oh, and can you have a warband of 1 mounted hero and 12 mounted warrios?

Post subject: Re: Harad and Umbar 750 pt and questions
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:47 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Any models from the Harad and Umbar list can be in the same warband, and yes 12 warriors of any kind mounted or not can be in a warband

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:54 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

And btw the Mahud King with all the options is an absolute beast of a model even with its new nerfed stats. I'd also suggest investing in some abrakhan guards as their special rule is awesome especially with their strength 4.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:00 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

You can do it but I think it's just unthematical and really annoying for people like me. At least make some king of legible excuse for this near impossible scenario. Or don't do it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:03 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I think your list is fine and plenty thematic, the Mahud are hired as Mercs by the Haradrim so to have the Mahud king with Suldan's bodyguard makes sense

MiniWargaming
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:17 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

NarsilReforged wrote:
You can do it but I think it's just unthematical and really annoying for people like me. At least make some king of legible excuse for this near impossible scenario. Or don't do it.

How exactly is this "unthematical" or grounds for scrapping a list. Haradwaith is a giant region know for countless warbands, tribes, settlements and petty kingdoms so I fail to see how someone would find this list a cause for concern.

Tolkien has many examples of exotic partnerships and alliances. Not to mention the fact that the most iconic haradrim icon, the mumakil, from a thematic and literary stand point were breed, raised, trained and used as war platforms my the "Mahud" whom Haradrim chieftains would "hire".

I guess I better stop putting haradrim men on a mahud beast and stick to the rules that only mahud warriors should be included on the mumak, oh wait....

LordOfTheBrownRing, I think your list is pretty solid. Enjoy playing.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:40 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

rigg1313 wrote:
And btw the Mahud King with all the options is an absolute beast of a model even with its new nerfed stats. I'd also suggest investing in some abrakhan guards as their special rule is awesome especially with their strength 4.

People really seem to think these guys are that good....I keep hearing theyre good. Idk, I guess Im worried by their low defense. I know its an offensive character, but something makes me worry about these guys.....maybe the insurance my army will have to pay because theyre all obese???

Well, for now Ill leave them out, because theyre expensive $$$wise but if I see some cheap ones in the future Ill pick em up.

NarsilReforged wrote:

IDK man. 2 things- Games Workshop put them all in the same list. I cant argue with that personally. So, can you?

2-Thematic.........the battle of pelennor? The Mahud and Mumaks rode in with haradrim together, and the corsairs were their support. They were supposed to be all one fighting force while the Mordor forces attacked Minis Tirith. Just because the army of the dead stopped them in the movie doesnt mean they werent meant to all be together.....

JamesR wrote:
I think your list is fine and plenty thematic, the Mahud are hired as Mercs by the Haradrim so to have the Mahud king with Suldan's bodyguard makes sense

Yeah, I figured the Mahud King went as part of an attachment say the way a troop of US soldiers in ww2 would take a group of french partisans with them to scout a location in paris.....like he went there, and as a gesture of respect, the Haradrim sent like 3 body guards with him.....so yeah.

KhaosRising wrote:
How exactly is this "unthematical" or grounds for scrapping a list. Haradwaith is a giant region know for countless warbands, tribes, settlements and petty kingdoms so I fail to see how someone would find this list a cause for concern.

Tolkien has many examples of exotic partnerships and alliances. Not to mention the fact that the most iconic haradrim icon, the mumakil, from a thematic and literary stand point were breed, raised, trained and used as war platforms my the "Mahud" whom Haradrim chieftains would "hire".

I guess I better stop putting haradrim men on a mahud beast and stick to the rules that only mahud warriors should be included on the mumak, oh wait....

LordOfTheBrownRing, I think your list is pretty solid. Enjoy playing.

Yeah I thought the same. I mean, really, how much do we know about the far east from the movies? There could be books written alone about their kingdoms, and the fall, hence the knight of umbar and khamul.

In the movie, there are not even a bunch of Mahud warriors battlings....I wish there were war camels!!!
Thanks for your support btw.