All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:43 pm

Post subject: Gondor: Minis Tirith vs Lothloien
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:22 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

So this game is a refresher for myself, as I've only been playing 10 months and maybe 10 games.
Playing the Manager of GW in my area. There were a few mistakes made tactically by myself and a few mistakes on rules we both made which cancelled each other out. Ultimately said, this was an amazing game.

So Gondor units:

(Commander)
Boromir Captain of the White tower
1x Guard of the White Fountain

(Shield wall #1)
Captain of Minas Tirth
6x WoMT with Shield
5x WoMT with Sheild + Spear
1x WoMT with Banner

(Sheild wall #2)
Captain of iMinas Tirith
6x WoMT with Shield
5x WoMT with Sheild + Spear
1x WoMT with Banner

(Ranged support)
Beregond
11x WoMT with bows
1x WoMT with banner

(Ranged offensive)
Damrod
12x Rangers of Gondor

(Shock troops)
Faramir mounted with heavy armour + lance
5x Knights of Minas Tirith with Shields
1x Knight of Minas Tirith with banner

Total 994 points 61 units

The Elves were basicly
Fariwir lord of the Giant eagles

Galadriel
11 Warriors with elf blades and sheilds
1 Banner

Captain of Lothorien
11 warriors with elf blades and shields
1 banner

Captain of Lothorien mounted with elf blade and shield
4x knights of lothorien with elf blade and shield
1x knight of lothorien with banner

Haldir
12x archers

Minas Tirith 996 points 61 units
Lothlorien 1000ish points 46 units

Final deployment Minis Tirith a giant shield wall of 24 warriors 2 banners 2 captains fountain court guard and boromir leading.
Backed by 11 archers and damrod with his elven bow.
knights to the right flank, rangers in the woods.

the plan was to create a wall where all combat would be fought and hold up the lines while boromir kills all after being softened by beregonds archers. The knights would flank after beating the eagle lord. rangers to take out the elven knights then cut through the trees to pick of heroes!

''FOR GONDOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!''

TURN 1

-Lose prioity
- Shooting: All elves aim at my captains and beregond with NO effect
My shooting: we we take out 4 elves with 12 bows!

Turns 2+3 pics above
Win priority
Shooting: i take out all elf archers par 4 and rangers take out an elven knight but poor rolling on my behalf
Elf shooting misses aiming all reaming elf bows and Haldirs 2 shots at boromir with both fate rolls all landing leaving him still on 100% health after two turns of elven bows points solely at this mighty warrior
no combat

Turn 3
Priority won again with his 5 getting beat with my 6 haha.
The mighty Captains and Boromir have resisted Galadriel's immobilise spell for the 3rd turn in a row, rolling the needed 6 to overcome such elven
magic is sure proof that the capes added were not just green stuff but something much more potent!

Shooting: Haldir takes an arrow hit from volley fire from WoMT and Galadriel also taking 1 wound in turn 3
The elfs retaliate by wounding boromir by haldir's two shoot rule but deflects the remaining 4 elf arrow fire.

TURN 4!!!!!!!!!
This is where it gets interresting. The huge sheild wall clashes with the elven left flank after prioity again goes to me on a 3 score die roll!
again the captain of Minis Tirith resists the spells of the high elven enchanter with yet another 6!!!
THe gondor bowmen pick of two more warriors but fail to take out haldir or anything else. an unwelcome change being there 12 bows firing. (beregond has roll 1 hit which wounded haldir but rolled 1's every turn hereforth)
Shooting fails with volley fire only making one hit and no wound on the spell caster via the Gondor rangers
Haldir wounds boromir who fate rolls and again hears the call of the Gondor people pulling him from mortal wounds! Unfortunatly with no fate points left the remaining 2 archers pick of the gondor arrow sponge lasting a full 4 turns of the best archers in Lord of the Rings and like the film dies valiantly protecting the kingdom of men's very best troops.

Combat!!!!!!!!!!
The knights fight it out and lose 2 MT knights for 1 elven knight but famimir takes two nasty eagle claws fate rolling 1 (Galwir* has fight 7/- str 7 def 8!!!!!!!!!!!!)
The fight is boring and no one wounds on the left side so we quickly move to the exciting turn 5!

THE SCORE SO FAR!!!!!!!

TURN 5 begins with me winning priority AGAIN!

Everyone moves into combat. spells are resisted again! The gondor bowmen start to move close to start flanking or filling in any potential gaps in the line but have split in two battles lead by either captains.
no shooting as rangers move to help the knights and farimir

Combat and faimir dies from the razor sharp talons of the Eagle Lord. With such a high fight value he just used his last might to assure he lands wounds. thankfully he only has two attacks! If i had won combat that eagle would be surely dead with 9 rangers + damrod and fairmir attacking. but not this turn.

the knights clash lance and elf blade but shield and amour prove a bit strong now. If only i had charged first on turn 3 with farimir and shot the eagle. oh well on to turn 6!

The battlefield on turn 5 then now on the END of turn 6

everyone now takes casulties and the high fight value of elves combine with banners does prove a high task to win the fight but good dice means we each take equal hits and the captain is hit with immobilise for the first time!
The eagle now with a taste for gondor blood with set eyes on damrod and again win while trapped with 11 rangers!

The scores now closing the gap with two heroes gone

We take one more desperite quick turn to see if we can get a victor but no clear one found so here are the last photos in order of when taken finishing with the hit count (note some pictures show where he has moved his elves to pack away so there not dead)

GONDOR score

Elves score

[URL=http://s298.photobucket.com/user/chri5thompson/media/Warhammer%20LotR/ElfDeployment3.jpg.html]Image

[/img]http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm276/chri5thompson/Warhammer%20LotR/T4MP-1.jpg[/img]

Post subject: Re: Gondor: Minis Tirith vs Lothloien
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:41 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

yeah Gwahir is f8 s6 btw, nice battle report, it was a draw right?
next time (i hope there will be more:) try and post the pics amid the text it makes it easier to follow.
8)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:50 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Oh I got the stats wrong sorry. Still hard to beat with such high fight and might points.
I did have all the photos in between but the link codes were in URL so I had to delete them and I'll be honest in that I could be bothered lol I took 65 photos of that game haha!
Thanks for the feed back ^_^

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:58 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Good VS good... interesting! i like the red coloured Lorien elves.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:08 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Well done. Needed a bit more challenging terrain Imo. Great models.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:20 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Nice report and paint jobs! Though I agree, a little more terrain does wonders. The rules recommend 33-50% coverage.