All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:58 pm

Post subject: The Battle of Azanulbizar-My version of the Scenario
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:40 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Here is my version of the Battle of Azanulbizar-hope you all enjoy it and please feel free to ask any questions or to give any comments/constructive criticism.

Cheers,
Gandalf :gandalf:

The Battle of Azanulbizar

Participants-Good

Thror, Thrain, Thorin with the Oakenshield, Dwalin and Balin, each leading a Warband chosen from the Army of Thror list.
Note: If you wish to play this scenario as is written by Tolkien, replace Thror and his warband for Dain Ironfoot and a warband chosen from the Durin’s Folk army list.

Participants-Evil

Azog, Bolg and a Hunter Orc Captain, each leading a Warband chosen from the Azog’s Hunters list (Hunter Orcs are used to use Gundabad Orcs for this scenario).

Layout

This scenario is played on a board of 48” by 48”. Scattered on the board are six objective markers-in terms of setup and in terms of the Victory Points they provide, the markers work in the same way as the objective markers in the Domination scenario.

Game Duration

The game will automatically end after fifteen turns.

Starting Positions

At the beginning of the game the Good player places Thror and his Warband touching the Northern edge of the board. The Evil player then places Azog and his Warband touching the Southern board edge. At the end of each following move phase, the two players (Starting with the player who has Priority), will choose a Warband of their choice not yet on the board, and that Warband will then deploy touching either the Northern or Southern board edge depending on their allegiance.

Objectives

Each side is trying to secure their hold upon the battlefield. Therefore, Victory Points will be granted in the same manner as they are granted for the objective markers in ‘Domination’. The Good side will gain 1 Victory Point if they slay the Hunter Orc Captain, 2 Victory Points if they manage to slay Bolg and 3 Victory Points if they manage to slay Azog. Likewise, the Evil side will gain 3 Victory Points (for each one they slay) if they are able to slay Thorin, Thrain or Thror, and 1 Victory Point (for each one they slay) in the case of Dwalin and Balin.

Rules Amendments

For this scenario, change the profiles of the following models to represent their younger counterparts:

Young Balin the Dwarf
Fight 5, Strength 4, Defence 7, 2 Attacks, 2 Wounds, Courage 6, 2 Might, 3 Will, 2 Fate.

Wargear: Sword-mace and Dwarf armour.
Special Rules: Longbeard.

Young Dwalin the Dwarf
Fight 6, Strength 5, Defence 7, 3 Attacks, 2 Wounds, Courage 6, 3 Might, 2 Will, 2 Fate.

Wargear: Dwarf armour, two-handed hammer, twin axes.
Special Rules: Fearless, Burly, Weapon Master.

Scenario Special Rules

Without Number: There are undoubtebly many hundreds of Orcs lurking within Moria. To represent this, the Evil player may put aside any slain models that are not heroes, and in their subsequent turn, they can roll a D3 to see how many reinforcements will come to their aid. Such models are deployed at the end of the move phase and begin touching the Southern table edge.

Hero of the Hour: The Battle of Azanulbizar is the great battle in which Thorin Oakenshield will earn both his name and his legacy. For the duration of this scenario, Thorin’s Fight and Strength values are increased by 1.

Victory or Death: Neither side can be broken for the purposes of this scenario.

Who leaned upon a thorny staff.
 Post subject: Re: The Battle of Azanulbizar-My version of the Scenario
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:57 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Great I think I will try it out.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:12 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I have been planning something similar, but hoping that they release Mount Gundabad Orc body guards for Azog.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:24 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

The orcs that participated werent hunter orcs... notice how large and strong they are compared to usual mordor orcs.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:29 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Precisely Meat Boy, the book describes them as huge orcs from Mount Gunda Bad!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:24 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Hopefully we'll get Gundabad Orc models for the battle of five armies. I would love it if they gave us models for the Grimhammers with the shields and spears we see at the start of the first film, they look amazing.

The scenario looks interesting I will definitely try it out once I have my forces ready!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:18 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

They look like pikes to me which would make them incredibly lethal!