Orc Shaman
6 Morannon Orcs - shield
6 Orc Warriors - spear

Orc Captain
6 Morannon Orcs - shield
5 Orc Warriors - spear
1 Orc Warrior - spear, shield

700 points, 52men, 7 might, no bows

So what do you think? I only need those Morannons to own this army :) I'm just not sure about the amount of Might.
I usually face Goblins town, lots of Shamans and Hunter Orcs. But it will be used for tournaments as well.

C&C very welcome!

Post subject: Re: 700pts Mordor
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:17 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I like the fact that you have several stronger troops to fight Goblin town. You basically have to select if you want numbers or stronger troops and since you can't really beat the goblins in numbers you're embracing you're tougher troops. I'm not a big fan of the Witchking without more fate and will, just because of survival. But if he fits in as is to your plans don't change that.
That's really my only advice lol.

MiniWargaming
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:23 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

JamesR wrote:
I like the fact that you have several stronger troops to fight Goblin town. You basically have to select if you want numbers or stronger troops and since you can't really beat the goblins in numbers you're embracing you're tougher troops. I'm not a big fan of the Witchking without more fate and will, just because of survival. But if he fits in as is to your plans don't change that.
That's really my only advice lol.

Yeah it's not really an anti-Goblin Town army. In that case I'd use at least one Fellbeast (anti-Shamans) and only F3.

I would like to give him more M/W/F but I don't seem to find the points. I'd have to drop numbers to do so.
Dropping one Morannon and one Orc out of the Captain's warband I'd be able to give The Witch-King 3/11/2. Is that better?
Or am I better of by mounting him?

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:19 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I think your army is pretty anti-goblin town. That Troll is key. At 3 attacks and a monster he will obliterate the goblins easily. As for the witch-king it just depends what you goal with him really is. I'm actually more of a Khamul fan (I play Easterlings on occasion as they were once my main, so I'm partial lol) mostly because if you mount him he is very deadly with his essence leach.

MiniWargaming
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:35 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

JamesR wrote:
That Troll is key. At 3 attacks and a monster he will obliterate the goblins easily.

He won't last long against The Goblin King, him being the most friggin' overpowered and underpriced model in the game.

Hopefully I can break him before he does the same.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:31 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Transfix...heroes and other big baddies like the Goblin King hate being transfixed.

I see you have your Morannon orcs supporting the Black Númenóreans. That strength 4 is pretty awesome but I feel the high defense is somewhat wasted with them wielding spears. Your Númenóreans and Morannon should both be frontline troops and have orc spearmen helping from the rear. The general idea of you purchasing the Morannon orcs is a great one though. I absolutely love them. Their fight isn't great but they have the strength and toughness to make up for it, I think.