All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 5:20 pm

Post subject: 1000 Points of Mordor
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:26 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

here my armie list of a game I'm gonna play against someone.
Its a rather small armie for the 1000 points battle for mordor but a very powerfull.

warband 1:
Dragon, Fly and Tough hide

warband 2:
Spider queen
Bat swarm
8x warg riders

warband 3:
mouth of sauron
6 orcs with shield
6 orcs with spear

warband 4:
shagrat with shield
6 orcs with shield
6 orcs with spear

warband 5:
orc shaman
orc banner
1 mordor troll

What u tink of this list, without bows?
 Post subject: Re: 1000 Points of Mordor
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:49 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

The spider queen is an independent hero. She cannot lead troops. I would also swap the mouth for a budget wraith. And warband 5 is useless, try and get them into the existing warbands.

Mid Sussex Wargamers
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:05 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I then drop the wargs and bat swarm with the warband 5.
And my idea was to deploy the warband 5 together with warband 4 to create a stronger force front.
I tought to pick the mouth of sauron because it's a better fighter then a ringwraith. but can exchance it with a budget ringwraith, for better spell usage.
didnt knew the thing bout the spider queen as a mordor rulebook is coming my way. ( not yet delivered). I play against dwarves btw
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:32 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Against Dwarves (unless he has very few units to choose from) you're doomed. You have too few troops I'd say. You have 2 monsters, which is fine, I would drop the spider queen maybe and have the dragon lead a warband and bring in more troops. I play Dwarves as my main and I'd LOVE to fight that army list lol

MiniWargaming
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Your Dragon can lead troops btw. So if you really want that Bat Swarm you can put it in his warband (making him a hero of Moria).

You don't want The Mouth of Sauron to be a fighter, in that case there are better models for 60 points (like BGOBD Captain). I find 4 Will just to be too few to make him much of a caster, and his D is too low to make him a fighter.
Also against Khazad-Guard you want your Monsters to do the job, not your weak heroes :D

After the big nerf I find bows not usefull at all. Because the shooting value is so high your opponent can just ignore them.

Your total amount of points is 1005 if I'm correct...

With the new Monster rules this army might stand a chance. But you really want to keep them alive. Without at least two Hurls every turn your core will be demolished too fast.

EDIT: Do you own Dwellers of the Deep? Cause if you are looking for awesome Monsters, those are your guys!

Quote:
Against Dwarves (unless he has very few units to choose from) you're doomed. You have too few troops I'd say. You have 2 monsters, which is fine, I would drop the spider queen maybe and have the dragon lead a warband and bring in more troops. I play Dwarves as my main and I'd LOVE to fight that army list lol

Don't forget he also has a Mordor Troll, so 3 Monsters.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:40 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I meant with the subtraction of the spider queen l, she's not worth it i believe. And yes those monsters are his best friend against the Dwarven Defense but he needs more Orcs to act as meat-shields. He won't have weight of numbers with this force.

MiniWargaming
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:54 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

JamesR wrote:
I meant with the subtraction of the spider queen l, she's not worth it i believe. And yes those monsters are his best friend against the Dwarven Defense but he needs more Orcs to act as meat-shields. He won't have weight of numbers with this force.

Oh I see. But when he substracts the Spider Queen he does have more units. But since he only has weak orcs he might even NEED 3 Monsters.

Not sure about his Dragon though. They can run away so fast.

I agree that the Spider Queen does not seem worth it. If you do want an independant Monster then William(Bill) is the most kick ass option.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:02 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I do not own dwelers of the deep, as i havent got The mordor rulebook yet i can only make guesses About wich units can lead a armie.
So i should replace The mouth for annoteer non spelcasting Hero?
And u say it would be beter to have a bigger force ?
I myself am à big fan of The spider queen
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:26 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I am saying against the Dwarves I'd recommend a larger force. Dwarves have better Defense, Courage, Fight Value, and with Khazad and other elites, better strength. Each Dwarf is easily worth 3+ Orcs and so my recommendation is to try and outnumber them, that's the strength of units like Orcs and Goblins.

As for the Mouth of Sauron I'm not a fan of him or really any other lesser spell-casters (except Shamen for their fury).

The reason I don't like the Spider Queen is she's 115 points, cannot lead a warband, has only 4 Def and 2 attacks. I'd rather take another troll or upgrade to a Mordor Troll Chieftain.

MiniWargaming
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:03 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I tink then I have not the up to date point value's for the units I play with as i got the lord of the rings trategy battle game rulebook and the expension fall of the necromancer where the spider queen is only 75 points. Then I should make a new army list with the up to date point values with the mordor rulebook when I got it.
Then it would be more clear for myself I guess.
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:28 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Dipdip wrote:
I tink then I have not the up to date point value's for the units I play with as i got the lord of the rings trategy battle game rulebook and the expension fall of the necromancer where the spider queen is only 75 points. Then I should make a new army list with the up to date point values with the mordor rulebook when I got it.
Then it would be more clear for myself I guess.

This is a free up-to-date army builder for SBG:
http://lonelyknight.0fees.net/
Just download: SBG v1.44 - Requires Excel

+ Wow so you have the old Rulebook and not The Hobbit one? You might have told us that earlier ;) It makes a great difference in army composition. In that case you won't be playing with Brutal Monster Attacks I assume?
If you do not: lose all the Monsters, they aren't worth it.