All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:02 pm

Post subject: Lotr rewritten
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:57 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

We( me and my brother) begin playing all campaings of the journeybooks yet changed.(We use warband rules with expection that an army composed of indepent heroes only does not need a leader...)
Scenario 1- Changes: Enemy forces Mordor
Warband 1 Orc cap shield 8Orcs(3 shields 4 spears)
Warband 2 Orc cap shield7Orcs( 3 shields 5 spears)
Suspecting the ring to be in Shire the enemy sent there alarge group of orcs to inspect. The scouting party attemps to pass Sarn ford only to be hunted...
Turn 1- Warbands move near the trees proxies by moria high rocks and one orc falls dead by an arrow...
Turn 2 Moving on open fields no kill
Turn 3 Moving forward, three rangers of the cliff. No kill
Turn 4 Arrived half way but getting closer to the rangers.
Turn 5 Ranger attacks an orc but an orc of mine aids him. My captains charges a dunedain each... The ranger dont kill the orcs but my captains win against the dunedains. One lost a fate point.
Turn 6 Same engages while my others near to escape. the orcs make the duenedain lose a fate. The captain kills the one who had lost a fate. The other captain has a blood party as well.
Turn 7 My captains are at the west of the hill waiting for the enemies while my orcs are almost to escape. Finally my brother shoot down another orc. The orcs on the south pushed back the dunedain.
Turn 8 Near the edge while the rest orcs attacked by the dunedain. The two orc are defeated while the captains do awesome job one killing a dunedain while the other making his enemy to use his one fate.
Turn 9 A dunedain joins and attacks unexpected two of my orcs. Another orc assist them while three other runs on the north. While on the south there is one turn left for five to leave arriving me at 8 just one before victory. On south the dunedain finally kills one of the two orcs. My captains kills again a dunedain each. On northwest the dunedain kills an orc sadly.
Turn 10 My orcs take their leave and with 9 off I win.

The orcs managed to pass and whilte the dunedain were regrouping they didn't know a bigger army was approaching.
Awesome game... Very well. :D The captains made awesome job killing six Dunedains in total. The most funny were the two orcs fighting with the unedain on the south for five turns XD I want to see my brother trying to stop my almost three times bigger army next time.
 Post subject: Re: Lotr rewritten
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:13 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I think you need to re-balance the scenario, as the Wraiths are picked for the scenario vs the dunedain because they are small in number but the orcs are a large force so you can basically walk past the way you did while engaging them every time with just a few orcs.

A good read, though
 Post subject: Re: Lotr rewritten
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:08 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Hi, Hilbert, Very nice 'an all. 8)

But I think you made a typo. 3 + 4 does not = 8, and 3 + 5 does not = 7.