All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:02 pm

Post subject: Re: Elves/uruks battle blog
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:11 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I'm taking a break from the hobbit campaign this weekend, and instead I played a 730pt game today. I used high elves (play testing an army for CheatsGlitch) it was along the lines of elrond,twins,arwen, 15 spear shields, 12 bows, 7 elven blades and a banner. Alex had around saruman, an Uruk cpt, vrasku, 12 pikes, 11 shields, 8 xbows, 4 berserkers and a banner.

We deployed right in front of each other at the center of the board around a bunch of rubble piles. Needless to say combat started immediately and Elrond and the twins got stuck in. Though with the ranks of uruks in front of them they soon got bogged down :-X . Having said that, the left flank was holding well with Elladan as well as the center with Elrond and Elrohir. However even on the first turn I could tell that there would be trouble on my right flank, I had lost a couple of men and my line was thinning. Despite that I was optimistic because I managed to put a wound on vrashku with my bows and he didn't manage the fate save :D . I also had all my archers to help maintain control on that side, so I was confident the flank would hold.

Boy I was wrong, in tuns two to four combat was pretty much the same accept that I could barely kill any Uruk-hai. I tried to break out of the left/central stalemate multiple times, but all that it led to was three, three!! Failed heroic combats :o . On my right side however my line took a serious beating and by turn 5 I was outnumbered by at least 2 to 1 in every fight because my archers were hanging back trying to thin the enemies ranks (which totally flopped, not one kill from turns 2-6!!!) Arwen even got wounded (i saved it with fate though)

However turn 5 started well, a gap had opened up between Alex's heros and I managed to natures wrath most of his infantry. A few good charges and combats finally saw me break though in the center and left wing, though my right side had almost collapsed, a few brave soldiers holding back a veritable hoard led on by vrashku. By this time most of my heroes were farther to the right and so it was left to the soldiery of rivendell to hold the line. Which they managed admirably :D .

In turns 6 and 7 I managed to chew through a decent amount of soldiers in open combat with my heroes and my center began to turn right as my left wing mopped up what was left on that side. however a desperate saruman threw himself into combat against Elrohir trying to blunt the counter attack and managed to would him! But it was not enough and Alex decided to concede the match to me due to time constraints. In the end the score was 31-18 for me, which does not reflect the game at all. In fact I thought I was going to lose for most of the mid game.

Well that's all for today.

If this was to be our end then I would have them make SUCH AN END as to be worthy of remembrance
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:08 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Was that lords of battle?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:09 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Yup, good guess, I thought I put that in there. Oops

If this was to be our end then I would have them make SUCH AN END as to be worthy of remembrance