All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:26 pm

Post subject: The Dale of Doom, Cheadle BatRep (Lots of pics & quite long)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:22 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

First of all, apologies for the delay. Such are the tribulations of untangling wires as my new job.

Anhow, the battle was at our newly formed Manchester LotR wargaming club, joining me yet again was Thermo and wonderfully, ste managed to join us as well! As a result, we decided that it would be a good diea to do two 250pt armies against a single 500pt force. Not wanting our new guest to be up against two people at once, Thermo and ste joined warbands against my host.

Note: I was stood on tiptoes for this and the beard was coming back - Dwarf time, baby!

Thermo's Grey Company, led by Halbarad and his 3 Ranger of the North buddies, leading a dozen Rangers of Arnor with spears had followed Denethor's descent into madness, declaring the noble Dwarfs of Erebor enemies, brining 7 Fountain Court Guards (with shields, no less!) and a Captain of Minas Tirith, with his company of 10 Warriors of Minas Tirith with shields and 8 spears. To defend the noble foothills of this vale, Balin, son of Fundin, brought Durin's mighty Axe and requested his cousin Gimli, son of Gloin, to aid him, who brought 11 Dwarf Warriors with shields to the field, meeting the half-dozen Dwarf Rangers with Dwarf Longbows who had reported the invading incursion when their Iron Guard friend informed them. Upon arrival, they found Radagast the Brown awaiting them, wishing to remove the demon inside Denethor's broken mind for the good of all Middle-Earth.

Well, my list is a bit peculiar because I decided Radagast would be a good way for us to learn the basics of magic (although one of his spells was useless and I didn't bother to check what Aura of dismay does, hahaha). If Thermo/ste had brought any cavalry, I'd have let us focus ont hose rules and used my other list (Captain w/shield, 7 Rangers w/Longbow,Balin w/Durin's Axe, VW team [to test them], 2 Iron Guard, 15 Warriors w/shields [5 for Balin, 10 for Gimli] and Gimli). Anyhow, we rolled up my favourite Dwarf scenario!

Reconnoitre... Well, looks like I'ma have to learn from week 1's mistakes then. We started the game and nothing happened in turns 1 and 2, except people steadily came onto the board. Turn 1 saw the entire Gondor contingent arrive and two of the Rangers of the North scouted ahead, whilst Gimli brought his force to bear (so Balin's troops could gather their breath, presumably!).

Turn 2 saw more reinforcements arriving, preparing for the lines to clash, with turn 3 seeing the rearguard of Arnor creeping in to aid the contest of the realms whilst the Dwarf surged forwards through thicket and brush, find defensible walls and hillocks to guard themselves with.

Unfortunately, it was until the end of turn 3 movement that we remembered Denethor's Broken Mind special rule - after all of ste's discussion about how it makes him a highly unusuable character and thene evrybody on the forums saying look at his stats and he'll rarely fail that test, then the three of us saying it before the battle: he promptly failed and I charged him into the Fountain Guard (FG)! Nothing came of it, but clearly Radagast had managed to rest the spirit from Denethor and reutrn his sanity, allowing him to plea with one of his bodyguards to stop this folly! He didn't listen, batting the old man away with his shield.

Radagast's mithrandic powers continued to abound as Denethor swiftly regained control (failed his Courage test) and sprinted face first at another FG, who promptly copied his companion. Not much beyond moving forwards again happened this turn until my regrowing Dwarfhood (read: beard) showed its true potential - The third dwarf Ranger shot seemed to get Hashut! symbol after Hashut! symbol (note: my dice have the Rune of Hashut for a 6 ;) ), sniping after moving, at the extremities of range, over a neck-height rock, into the soft mask of the Mithril-helmand promptly felled a FG, bringing first blood to the Dwarfs!

End of turn 4/turn 5 priority:

Come turn 5, Denethor's cretinous curse snapped his brain in twain and he returned his desire for Dwarf-slaughter anew (passed his Courage test). Balin and Gimli took a small number of their faithful warriors to intercept Denethor and his guard as Radagast tried to immobilise the stweard (staff + 1W, Denethor resisted, successfully, using 1W), to try to bring him to his sense, whilst the rest of the non-sniping force headed off to back up the sorely outnumbered kin on the bearded left flank. Come the shooting phase, one of the Dwarf Rangers took inspiration from his comrade and spied the FG way out in the open, took careful aim and managed to skewer his arrow through the neck joint, piercing both jugulars!

Thermo's retaliation to the dead FG (as the men had priority every turn so far) had been to loose with his tiny group of Ranger of the North and three Rangers of Arnor at a single shieldbearing Dwarf, guarding Balin's safety. The result to wound:

With the follow-up 4+s needed to kill him, the net result was:

Another arrow-bearded Dwarf and the first of Durin's line to die this day! Vengeance shall be had!

The end f the shoot phase looked as the next picture - as you can see, my left flank is heftily outnumbered, even if I seem to holding on the right and centre. That poor Dwarf behind the wall, stood alone, valiantly in a last stand. Will he best his foes?

Yep, that one there? What do you think? Because the answer is....

No... Bugger. I mean, avenge our fallen brethren!

Turn 6 and Denethor's hold of this madness seemed complete (passed his Courage again. Stupid old coot!), but nothign much seemed to happen this turn beyond redressing the ranks a lot (Gimli's troops on the left flank trying to regroup a little behind the forestry).

With Gimli and Balin forging towards Gondor's leader for rectitude, the Rangers pressed on through shrubberies (of Ekky-ekky-ekky-footang-zoop-boing-ni!) as Halbarad and the Minas Tirithians pressed on the opposite flank. In response, the eagle-eyed (fox-eared) Dwarf Rangers, sniped out yet another FG (Around here, Thermo commented on my remark that I lost before due to no beard, drew the next week because it was returning and now I was getting loads of 6s because it was thickening... No comment here :D ). The round finished with a mass of Minas Tirith oppressing the little demi-men, culminating in an epic battle. By which I mean a single shield-Dwarf bested and slew a single Warrior of Minas Tirith. Revenge! (Remember the PS1 and PC game Worms? Imagine I said it like that...) In almost all of the combats so far I had been using a rule I've used less than a handful of times before: shielding. It was proving very useful, but aggravating that either of the dice rolled would've won the fight and I missed the chance for sweet, sweet dishes best served cold. Alas, that jubilation meant no pictures this turn (or FAR too blurry to try to show).

Come turn 8, Radagast found a cadre of Rangers hailing from Arthedain bearing down on him, spotted the leader and Immobilised him, only to find the man's strength of will was stronger than expected (again, staff + 1W lost to 1W from the Ranger of the North) and he found them preparing the rock as a defended wall. Simultaneously, the other elite squadron ont he same flank took potshots at my more stout rangers, leading to me exclaiming "Bam! Dead!" - turns out, I was wrong, but a point of Might rectified that and I re-exclaimed "Bam! Dead!" before sadly (and clearly reverently, based on my above attitude) removed his 4'6" corpse from the board. A slew of combats broke out on the left flank and a couple of skirmishes in the centre as well. In short, the following happened: the Captain butchered a shield-Dwarf, two Rangers of Arnor teamed up to take down another, Gimli annihilated a FG with a flurry of his twin axes, whilst Balin and his loyal servant took down another FG (self-defence, despite charging him, honest!). Radagast's fight went different o expected: for starters, I didn't use his two-handed weapon (cost my half-trolls too dearly last week) and it proved wise because if he had, he'd have lost the fight - instead, it came down to Fight values (which I was berating in Thermo's army thread earlier this week: much ribbing began as I tried to point out that I was saying 1 point of Fight rarely makes a difference [radagast's here was 2 points higher, so he'd have still won] and I feel Fight isn't used enough. This didn't stop them and myself mocking me about the Fight value coming up nonetheless ;) ). Unfortunately for me, a Dwarf fought against a Warrior of Minas Tirith and again we drew combat. That was it, no more discussion of anything else for the night :D a theme and precedent had been set by my making a big deal of saving 16pts on an army list and may as well buyt he upgrade since you can't spend them elsewhere, but it won't often be of use :P

Anyhow, I digress! A blurry picture of the decimated few defiantly standing up the verminous horde, followed by a titanic clash that was so powerful that Middle-Earth shook just as I took the picture and an overall shot to prove just how blurry I can make a picture:

Onto turn 9, full into the throws of battle, blood-lust boiling over, cries of Baruk Khazad! Khazad-ai-menu! being shouted desperately, all hope of Denethor's mind returning to the realms of sanity (Courage passed again - although we did remind ste about the fact that his first two turns of taking it, he failed!) and it was time for the carnage and utter decimation to begin! The Dwarves, tired from the sprint to inform their colleagues and return to defend their kingdom, were beginning to lag and the Men of the North and White City seized the initiative. But Gimli fought to find a burst of inner strength (Heroic Move!) sprinted at Denethor, his axe flying through the air as he did, the last of his extraneous resrves spent to make the blow land true (point of Might to cause a wound and Denethor has no Fate, so 1 VP to me!) before crashing into the greying man. Seeing Gimli's heroism, balin and the two remaining shield-Dwarves by his side surrounded the last two FG and readied to defend the realm. Radagast found the group of rangers leaping over the crag and through the tree to get at him (clearly Denethor's maddening taint had spread further than he feared for this men to be attacking a wizard!) - but nature, as ever, was on his side and the Northman and one of his lackeys tripped, whilst the others prepared for combat. On the left flank, it's just easier to say that what happened was... a lot. The numbers were brought to bear, shall we say? The shooting was utterly ineffective as it dawned on both parties the rivers of crimson about to flow, from either side.

To the fight phase, we moved with trepidation, my opponents choosing the order of the fights. Here, I must offer my apologies again: due to being tired (had worked two jobs, after a night's sleep best not talked about) and playing with a list not suited to the task (not saying the other was better, just it would've been easier for me to use - stupid wizards with their awesome ability to cast magic meaning I have less footsoldiers in an all footsloggers army :D ), I failed in my task as teacher of tactics and didn't make mention of the order in which the combats took place until after wounding dice were rolled - it simply hadn't clicked the FG against Balin and shield-Dwarf would be trapped! Resultantly, he died. Horridly. As should my pride, lol. Alongside this, the other Dwarf Warrior in the centre slew his foe and in all the gore underfoot, Gimli lost his purchase and had to step away from the made flailings of the ailing leader of the White Tree's Court (if I had a point of Might, I'd have won the fight!).

The left flank saw two shield-Dwarfs fall to two Warriors of Minas Tirith each, the lone Iron Guard went down to a deluge of attacks from Halbarad and his 4 Arnorian minions (committing 4 wounds and reinforcing my opinion that the Iron Guard aren't for me - he failed in his other combats, done nothing with throwing axes and not caused a single wound: he spent 3 turns hidden and Thermo hadn't spotted the "Squishy" to target him with arrows.) as another warrior bravely fought against the Captain and two of his troops, whilst trapped (but only took one wound...). We'll return to the last "battle" in a moment, but first we pop over to Radagast,t rying to fend off the Rangers of Arnor - again, I used his one-handed weapon and AGAIN he drew the combat (see, two-handed weapons aren't much good for me because it means I lose instead of draw): instantly this elicited more comments harkening back to "Fight value nevers comes into it", with a defencive call "But his Fight is so much higher than an extra point for you wouldn't make a difference!" (Note: as grumpy as I'd been, this was actually all very funny and in light-heart and humour - I did as much ribbing to me about it as they did!). anyway, we'll forget that and return to the evaporated Dwarf - what do you mean I haven't told you what happened to him? Of course I did - just as we were reading about Radagast and Fight values... you can't see two things at once, you say? Fiiiiine... A lone shield Dwarf became ensnared ont he left flank by a ring and back up of no less than four rangers and three warriors - bottom line is the picture (that's right, I showed them who's boss!):

The left flank pre-turn 10:

Artsy left flank and centre:

Turn 10 starts and I'm broken, the men aren't, so it's currently 3VP to my one! I finally am winning priority and have to start taking my Courage tests, which don't last long - Balin stands, making his friend do so too, Gimli passes and the 5 rangers go one at a time and all succeed, desperate to fight to the last. Radagast made himself terrifying tot he mankind (using his stave) and the only parts of note this turn are that I made a note I don't understand concerning Radagast, but have a pretty (blurry) picture of him and some rangers, my rangers take a pew-pew at the right flank rangers (and my notes don't say they do anything) and Balin fought against Denethor (and I realised I seem to have missed a turn based on pictures, but oh well ^^ Not much must've happened, although I know Gimli started heading tot he mass of men on the left flank, waving axes angrily above his head!). I'll forgo the pictures this turn due to the lack of notes to support them, except for one to show how Gimli's warcry scared of Halbarad and his rangers towards the nearest board edge (NOOO! They're making a run for it!):

Balin and Denethor come to blows and, here's the other interesting part - both get a 6! So, yet again, we come to Fight values. More ribbing and I begrudginly point out (although I think the mocking hid the information from reaching Themro and ste) that the extra point of Fight would've made it a draw this time: regardless, Balin wins and beheads the serpent! Denethor's body collapses and I bring us equal on VP, mentioning it to the guys who swiftly agree to leg it to the board edge. I reckon two turns of movement should do it and by this point, I still need to kill 9 more models to break their force and will never reach the opposite board edge in time.

Turn 11, pre-priority: ste remembers Denethor's special rule and Thermo reminds him their leader's gone. Battlefield -

And I said I had a pretty picture of Radagast and rangers... Well, this one's not blurry either!

Again, I win priority and have to take my Courage tests. Balin and his friend easily pass, so does Gimli, ranger 1 and ACK! ranger 2 decides to return to the hold to warn the rest, swiftly followed by ranger 3 and ranger 4 thinks it best to follow and try to slow down anyone on their tail. Ranger 5 decides to slow them here and now. at this point, my army is now down to below 25% (if only ONE more had passed :D ) and it dawns on me we are on the last turn (which I make mention of - not entirely bad at pointing things out this week, but certainly nowhere near as good as previously and usually). Then I pointed out we were on equal victory points.

There was hush...

Then desperate battleplans made (wound or kill Balin and somehow kill 9 models this turn respectively)...

To keep Balin alive, I went against my usual judgement and didn't have him charge into combat against the FG, I sent int he shield-Dwarf alone. Safe, I felt.

Until the shooting phase. I realised they were firing every single bow able to at Balin! My remaining rangers desperately tried to fend off some of the bows by firing at the rangers next to Radagast.

To no effect. Now I was screwed - all of these were firing at Balin:

Fortunately, the second set had to hit, then reach through three pieces of cover, then best his massive Defence and hope Fate didn't intervene.

10 bows were brought to bear.

3 scored a hit.

Halabard used 2 of his Might to join in.

Game result: a draw! Not a single arrow pierced the grizzled veteran's flesh! From the jaws of victory, my over-effective friends snatched themselves, well, not defeat, but certainly not the win they'd hoped for!

Technicalities aside, it was a blast of a game, I learnt some of the new Hobbit rules (and the difference between the jump chart and leap chart, which I forgot to mention in the report!), met a great guy and feel the guy's deserve that as a win. Until next time, fellow gamers!
 Post subject: Re: The Dale of Doom, Cheadle BatRep (Lots of pics & quite l
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:32 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Great report Hash. I really enjoyed that battle and the report done it justice.
Great amount of pics.

In hindsight I should of used the shielding rule also with my fountain guard to prolong their lives maybe another turn BUT in future I think ill pick my fights more effectively ie I'm guessing the MT CPT and his men would of fared better against gimli and friends. But saying that you never know what might have been.

I probably learnt more in those couple of hours than I have in re reading the rule book on numerous occasions.
Looking forward to gaming again very soon.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:27 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

The old adage about practice making perfect seems to be true here, if you feel happier and more confident about the rules mechanisms now. And it looks like everyone had a good time too - a win-win for all? :)

Phantom Ships, Ghost Flotilla
More to come!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:04 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Good effort with that report Hashut! Really enjoyed reading it and most of those pictures turned out really really good! They do all our models justice on the board and tell the story of the game well! :yay:

First things first, another great night at our fledgling gaming club :D It was great to meet Ste (he has some beautifully painted and posed models too) and certainly looking forward to our next meeting and game. 8)

The most important thing, as Dorthonion says, is that all of us had a really fun night.

Hashut had grown his beard and clearly his competitiveness had grown with it haha! More of an edge to our Dwarven friend this week whereas last week and certainly the week before, he was all teacher. It also clearly helped with a lot of his rolling this week!

It was a great opportunity to learn more about courage tests and terror, about will and spells. Also, crossing rough terrain was a bigger factor for me personally this week, as were The Hobbit's new "in the way" rolling chart. We learnt about leap and jump, we played with the new move half = -1 to shoot value rule too, which affected me personally but I didin't mind.

Hashut learnt that contrary to his argument on this forum this very week about Fight Value not coming into the game enough for upgrades to be worth the cost, fight value REALLY came into it for him and won him lots of fights! With every occasion came the inevitable ribbing from me about fight value "not featuring enough in the game" and the westfold redshields "weren't worth the 16 points for upgrade (in my force)

We all learnt commentators curse...
The discussion about Denethor pre-game resulted in the certainty that his pre-turn courage tests every turn didn't really come into the game, only for him to fail those tests for the first few turns.
When I noted pre-climbing the wall to attack radagast turn that "no grey company had been killed" a Ranger of the North got a 1 and fell to his death. We realised a turn later that he could have used a might to get over the wall but even a 1 with jump wouldn't kill him but instead stop him moving, so he came back into the game.

Personally from a tactical point of view, I learnt LOADS from this game. These were my observations.

1) Making Denethor our force leader at the start of the game, in hindsight, was a bad idea. No fate, no might and starting in the centre of the board with troops suited to close combat was always going to bring him up against great fighters like Gimli and Dain. Hashut's rolling to get past heavy armour and shields on the fountain guard quickly made Denethor really quite vulnerable where previously we looked quite strong. We should have gone for Halbarad really, on the flanks or sitting back.

2) Remembering the scenario and victory points. The above is a good example of not considering the 3 points that would be lost if Denethor lost. Yes, we achieved three by breaking his force (and apart from the fountain guard, we really were smashing him) But killing became the focus instead of winning. There was a situation on the right flank (that we literally overwhelmed, where we had dwarves trapped with 6, 7, 8 models around them and double attacks. If we had been considering the scenario, we'd have known his only way to stay in the game was a miraculous breaking of our force. We only needed to get a single model off to almost guarantee our victory, even with Denethor in the centre getting slaughtered. I should have been more focused in ensuring that one model left the table (on the right flank)

3) My left flank, defensive terrain and rough ground. With Hashut's archers being some of the last to deploy, he very sensibly chose a wall not too far from his board edge to camp his dwarven rangers. That pretty much gave him arcs that covered our own left flank right to board edge AND the centre of the battlefield. With the scenario in mind, we were definitely too aggressive in retrospect. We could have afforded to sit back (like I did in first game) and take them out as they slowly advanced across the open, then use our infantry to counter. We didn't need to go for it, he was vastly outnumbered. It would have kept his archers out of the game and kept all my shoot values where they needed to be. More boring, yes, but probably would have worked better. The best example of this was the slow progress of a team of 3 RoA and 1 RotN on the left flank. Crossing rough terrain (giving them cover) meant they could only go 1.5 inches if they wanted to shoot. If I was going to advance, I should have gone for it and ignored shooting with them (that is, tie those dwarf rangers to that part of the board whilst trying to get some of mine off it. Instead, I obsessed with countering. Which whilst it meant that I took a dwarf or two out... the contribution to the overall victory was nothing!

4) Involvement to the bigger picture. This started out with good intentions, with the rangers on the flanks effectively making their way to the board edge for victory points whilst the gondorians used their numerical superiority and ability to spear support to overwhelm the dwarven centre. In a straight battle, perfectly effective (and it proved it, again, the dwarves got smashed!) But the contribution of the Rangers was overall pretty poor.

Not a single one of my models died, but I probably only contributed 4 kills all game. If the gameplan was to get to the board edge instead of sitting back and picking them off, then I should have stuck to it. As a result, half of our force wasn't really helping.

5) Considering the game end and victory points. This completely went over our heads. With Hashut broken and his own left flank completely overwhelmed, we just continued to smash him and as a result, got him a draw instead of a loss! The rangers didn't need to assist in overkill and at least one could have made it to the board edge. Once we'd broken him, our objective shouldn't have been killing, it should have been running :o OR killing Dain, which again, hadn't been really considered at all, after the fountain guard were smashed.

However, that is what these games are for, to learn! And we'll only get better for doing it.

Well done to all involved, I had a blast and am looking forward to next Thursday!

PS even though not technically a victory, this strange undefeated streak continues! 3 games, no losses. Commentator's curse anyone? Next week I'm going to get hammered!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:59 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Great report again guys filling up nicely it is.:yay:

Does a draw mean everone wins or noone wins? Alliances look good too 8)

Thanks for not boasting. :(

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:02 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Yeah definitely not having used the fountain guard or Denethor before I think we were naive with our tactics but like you say we had fun and learnt a lot so all in all it was a good night.I would use that warband again though just use it differently. I think on paper our force looked to have the advantage but Hash being more clued up than us helped him claw a draw! lol

Right am gonna get some painting done today its a rare Saturday off and prob try to squeeze a quick 300pts game in with my lad also!

Looking forward to next week , Iv already started on the brownie points. Chinese for tea tonight, lol
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:20 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

GothmogtheWerewolf wrote:
Great report again guys filling up nicely it is.:yay:

Does a draw mean everone wins or noone wins? Alliances look good too 8)

Thanks for not boasting. :(

THAT draw means Ste and I take the moral victory :D

ste271276 wrote:
Yeah definitely not having used the fountain guard or Denethor before I think we were naive with our tactics but like you say we had fun and learnt a lot so all in all it was a good night.I would use that warband again though just use it differently. I think on paper our force looked to have the advantage but Hash being more clued up than us helped him claw a draw! lol

Right am gonna get some painting done today its a rare Saturday off and prob try to squeeze a quick 300pts game in with my lad also!

Looking forward to next week , Iv already started on the brownie points. Chinese for tea tonight, lol

Should be more points available for reducing the enemy to 25% and taking the game to it's finish, even if it's only a single one so players don't lose sight (like we did) of the victory conditions!

Haha get accumulating those brownie points! I've made a start too with Thursday in mind... cleaned house top to bottom last night, lit candles and brought my girlfriend a brew when she got in from work. Taking her out for a meal on Monday night might get me an extra hour too :-D

Enjoy pal!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:04 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

The thing is, that the Fountain Guard and Denethor didn't really have a choice - I set up my warbands after they'd been deployed and my aim the entire game was "hurt or kill the leader and try to break them in the process". The Fountain Guard were unlucky because my shooting was surprisingly successful against them, which I was doing to make it easier to take out the leader.

The main thing that I would do differently, like I said in the original post, is use my other army list. I stuck to my tactics and it managed to pull me a draw - with the other list, I'd have been more likely to break them and less likely to have broken myself, but I think I'd ultimately have lost because by lating longer, some WoMT and RoA would've made it off the board. They were 6"-8" from the board edge at the end, which I don't think I mentioned :D

I'm also still adamant that, although we drew a few times, Fight value isn't important enough in the game ;) In 11 turns, with combats happening from turn 5 and quite a lot of them at that, we drew 5 times (of which I think it was 3? Maybe only 2...) where I ordinarily wouldn't have had it come up due to a two-handed weapon making me lose. Out of those two or three times, the +1F of a Westfold Redhsield wouldn;t have made a difference either ;P Even when it would've made a difference, it would've turned into a 1-3 Good wins, 4-6 Evil wins roll: better than a straight loss of combat, but it's still not an instant winning of combat. Also, we only noticed the Fight value stuff because I'd kicked up a fuss in their Thermo's thread ;)

But we all learnt some stuff and I can still only apologise about my being fatigued causing me to either not notice things to aid you tactically or to wanting to teach by fire and my grumpiness coming across as competitiveness (especially since I was becoming focussed to try and get past the fact I wasn't using a list I was wanting to for a competitive game: not saying Radagast is useless, just will take some looking into for me to utilise properly and I'd rather have had my troops at the time).

Alas, I won't be about next week, but I'm looking forward to seeing the report that's due and we'll see if I can break that undefeated streak :D

Truthfully, VP say it was a draw, but honesty says they won. ste: we always learn more by doing than looking ;) Hopefully Thermo will be a better tactical teacher than I was this time and I'll try to be on form for the week after ;)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:55 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Hey fellas! Shame the two of you can't make this week, what am I going to do with myself?!

Bedtime reading tonight has been hobbit rules...

Couple of things regarding that final, desperate turn. Not sure how far my lot were from board edge before movement (and moving many back to shoot Dain!) but I wonder if heroic march with halbarad's might could have for me to board edge (9" movement)

If not, heroic accuracy with his might could have been used for re-rolling those failed in the ways! Might still have not been enough but another lesson learnt!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:05 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Ooooooo the drama unfolds lol
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:38 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

If I'd have known the new Heroic Acctions from the Hobbit rules, it would've been entioned - can't pin that one on me, lol ;P
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:08 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Hashut's Blessing wrote:
If I'd have known the new Heroic Acctions from the Hobbit rules, it would've been entioned - can't pin that one on me, lol ;P

Good learning for all of us! That's why we're there :) shame this week is off but looking forward to next week :)