All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:05 pm

Post subject: Re: Middle-Earth Manchester - 500pts Grey Company vs Dwarves
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:16 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

It was an amazing battle report. Wow you destroyed the Dwarves. As I was reading on my apprehension grew. Now the battlefield is littered with the corpses of the valiant warriors of Durin. Your Rangers look amazing, and may I add you used the terrain for great effect.

Hashut you were really at a disadvantage. The mission is not the optimal for the Dwarves, especially against Grey Company, and I think the gaming board was a bit bigger than needed. Iron Guards are able warriors. Their high fight, high strength and two attacks are great. But sadly they die on a 6 from a Bow.

Did you use the new Hobbit rules?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:33 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Great game guys. Dwarves are generally one of the better armies as their defence is nigh impossible to crack.

I agree with any comments about the quality of your report, your photogrphy and your painting, all of it is well done :yay:

Glad to see the freshest person is the winner, (if I remember correctly), it is good for you. I'd love to join you.

LordElrond wrote:
I wish I live in Manchester now

Most people around here say the opposite lol.

And I don't mean just because there arer actually very few LotR player around here (I know, I've been searching for years!)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:24 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

How many of Us actually are there locally?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:10 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Constantine wrote:
It was an amazing battle report. Wow you destroyed the Dwarves. As I was reading on my apprehension grew. Now the battlefield is littered with the corpses of the valiant warriors of Durin. Your Rangers look amazing, and may I add you used the terrain for great effect.

Hashut you were really at a disadvantage. The mission is not the optimal for the Dwarves, especially against Grey Company, and I think the gaming board was a bit bigger than needed. Iron Guards are able warriors. Their high fight, high strength and two attacks are great. But sadly they die on a 6 from a Bow.

Did you use the new Hobbit rules?

Thanks Constantine! I was surprised too, but as you note, Hashut (who wasn't being competative, but instead was helping me) did have a few handicaps.

But thanks for the compliments! I had a mad spree on ebay to make sure I had some terrain ready for the night, most of which looked pretty decent :)

And yup, I'll be pleased when I've got all my rangers to that standard! We used the old rules, minus volley fire. Just basics to learn game mechanics as I've never ever played before.

GothmogtheWerewolf wrote:
Great game guys. Dwarves are generally one of the better armies as their defence is nigh impossible to crack.

I agree with any comments about the quality of your report, your photogrphy and your painting, all of it is well done :yay:

Glad to see the freshest person is the winner, (if I remember correctly), it is good for you. I'd love to join you.

LordElrond wrote:
I wish I live in Manchester now

Most people around here say the opposite lol.

And I don't mean just because there arer actually very few LotR player around here (I know, I've been searching for years!)

Thanks Gothmog! I thought it was going to be tough with the high defence, but some selective shooting with as many bows on as few targets as possible took it's toll on the long dwarven march forwards.

Thanks for the comments about the report! I think next time we'll try give it a bit more structure and take notes and take photos more regularly but I think it gives the general gist of things!

We've a few down around here in Stockport apparently so it's defo the place to head for games! I'd love to have you down, you could teach us a thing or two!

ste271276 wrote:
How many of Us actually are there locally?

Me, you, Gothmog (Bury/Bolton way??) Hashut (Salford)... there's a few in Stockport who talk in the North West Gaming Centre facebook who might be popping down. Enough anyway!