All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Oct 03, 2024 9:19 am

Post subject: Marsbar's army discussions - Goblin Town/Thorin's Company
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:44 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I like compiling army lists and just talking about the units in the game etc, so i made a thread to chat about whatever we want. I only did this because otherwise i will just spam the forum with questions/lists etc

To start this off, i wanna ask what do you guys think of the new goblins? I really like em, you can field 3 full warbands (led by the Great Goblin, Grinnah, the Scribe, and a captain) AND a full moria warband led by Ashrak, with room for a warg marauder/venom spiders (if you so please), for 500pts. Nice thing about this is that you can use Grinnah to swap places with your Shaman should he get into trouble, and the GG becomes even more indestructible thanks to fury.

My either query is how do you guys use Thorins company? I've played two games with them, and both went horribly, i was playing a 500pt game and i went for too many of the support ones, not enough brawlers. I've come to the conclusion that your best option is to only play them at 1000pts, take all the dwarves, drop Bilbo, take a cart for gandalf, and fully kit Thorin out. My only worry with this is that, because Gandalf cannot use his cart if fielded in Thorin's company, does he not count as a member of the company for the sake of Ori's special rule if he's been allied in from another list for the sake of his cart??

Last edited by SuicidalMarsbar on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject: Re: Marsbar's army discussions Goblin Town/Thorin's Company
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:39 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I wouldn't worry that much about Gandalf killing stuff that would apply to Ori's rule. He's better used Immobilising big stuff and Blasting small stuff. His Cart is best used for keeping him out of trouble and giving him a little bit of extra power.

Post subject: Re: Marsbar's army discussions - Goblin Town/Thorin's Compan
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:53 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Oh yeah i know but Ori's rule allows any 'big' kill the company get to restore a point of m/w/f to another member of the company, Gandalf is that member i would probably want to be powering up with all the m/w/f