All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:30 am

Post subject: Gondor army help pls
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:21 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi guys I'm looking to build a Gondor army, I like the idea of doing an army based around osgiliath and the last defence or faramir and his rangers in the wilderness. Any ideas on modelling and an effective army list would be good.

Cheers Matt
 Post subject: Re: Gondor army help pls
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:34 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

If you take a look both here

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24386

and here

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24838

You'll see a couple of my Gondor lists, one at 500 pts and another at 1000, both based around an Osgiliath theme.

As of yet I've only properly playtested the army in the first link, but I found it to be a rather capable force, and actually managed to win 3 out of 4 games in a local tournament.

A few things to keep in mind about Gondor lists are:

-Make use of the cheap, affordable heroes
-Stay away from using Knights, unfortunately Gondor cavalry is quite fragile for their points
-You're rather limited when it comes to elite troops, having no access to higher strength value troops
-You do however have heavy armour, especially if you use Guard of the Fountain Court with shields, so though you may struggle to kill some enemies, they should have a tough time breaking through your shields too
-Don't forget to send your rangers into the fight! I can't stress enough how valuable their higher fight value than the average soldier has been to me in quite a few situations.

I hope that at least some of those tips help you out and give you something to go on, and don't forget: "For Gondor!"

Post subject: Re: Gondor army help pls
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:51 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

It's unfortunately not really possible to have a Gondor rangers force, as it still has to stay inside the 33% bow limit.