All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 4:32 am

Post subject: Ents and Elrond
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:34 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I have always loved my ents, and have also loved fielding Elrond. With the new monster rules and new heroes, would love hear feedback on this 600 pt army.

Elrond w/ heavy armor - 170

High elf w/ banner - 34
High elf w/ spear and shield - 11
Lindir (converted until model comes out) w/ heavy armor - 70

Treebeard - 190

Ent - 120

My aim is to be competitive, but this isn't intended to be a tournament-placing list.

I understand that the small number of models will be a difficulty. However, as long as the group moves together I think there are a few nice synergies that will make it easier to combat hordes. Lindir gives Elrond the ability to spam Nature's Wrath on crowds, not to mention Renew the Ents. The banner (as long as it lasts) will give the ents and Elrond in essence 4 die to roll to win fights and avoid being trapped if they become swamped. I also love the new monster attacks, which the ents would use with regularity. Rend of heroes, hurl/barge on groups.

Really wish there was an option to give high elves elven cloaks, for the banner bearer not to get sniped. That said, why types of armies would this work well/not work well against? I imagine siege machines would proably be the death of me, among other things. Thanks all,
 Post subject: Re: Ents and Elrond
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:57 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

looks good, the only matter is that you're slow, maybe switch the ent for gwaihir. (than you're at 500 points)

but the matter is that this are way to mutch moddels and i should drop the banner, becouse it's impossible to keep your lines closed with 6 man.
take more man
 Post subject: Re: Ents and Elrond
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:59 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Dropping the banner is probably a good suggestion. You are already very tight on models and that will free up points for a little more. Also, I doubt I'd bring Lindir along. Treebeard and Elrond are enough points sunk into Heroes at this stage and that would be a few more Elf warriors.

If you insist on bringing Lindir for personal preferences, have him (and maybe an Elf or two bodyguard) teamed up with the generic Ent for Heroic Combat calls. Treebeard can manage his own end be effective with it. Then Elrond can work with his own Elves and you will have three effective (though outnumbered) fighting teams.

http://TacticsInMiniature.com