All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:28 pm

Post subject: Good Side Monster Army vs Harad in Domination
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:45 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Hey all, actually played this more than a week ago, but was overseas for a while, so only posting it now sorry!

Had a few comments about how my army would go in a domination match and... no... I won't spoil the ending here.

And, as always, a bazillion photos and annotations on the blog... http://simbattleboard.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/good-monsters-vs-haradrim-domination.html

Post subject: Re: Good Side Monster Army vs Harad in Domination
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:57 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Very nice! :yay:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:36 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Wow, I think if evil won more priority rolls then they might have just won that game.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:17 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Losing that many priority rolls must be frustrating, especially with Domination.
Great game!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:54 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Your models and terrain are so nice (and done with great pics!!) it's always a pleasure reading these. I think you will really benefit from the new Monster rules in the updated book considering your force selection.

I appreciate your clarifications in the beginning on leaving out details that don't add to the narrative. One point though it looks like you did an Heroic Move at the end of Turn 6??

Fantastic use of Radagast through the entire game!

http://TacticsInMiniature.com
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:24 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Beowulf03809 wrote:
One point though it looks like you did an Heroic Move at the end of Turn 6??

Yeah, I always ponder whether I should stick to the exact way we play when I write them up. The heroic move actually came (as it should) right at the beginning of the turn, but I didn't bother mentioning it until the photo came up, which does make it look like we did it right near the end! Sorry for the confusion!

We used to take photos as things happened, but it took all day to do the battle and photos and write ups etc. So now we usually play our turn, making notes as we do things, then after the turn is finished and before we remove casualties we move around the board taking photos of everything. Then we finish it off with a shot of the whole board.

It's much faster that way for us to play, but it does mean that the shots we take at the end don't accurately represent the order of play of the turn itself. So most of the apparent inconsistencies between the game and the description of it are because of this. It makes for a less accurate report, but it's WAY easier, quicker and more fun to actually play!

As for those mentioning priority, my brother is an awesome sport. If you flip through all of our games and just scan who wins priority you'll see why I've been on a winning streak.

9/11 went my way this time. 4/7 last time (that's not so bad I guess). 5/6 the game before that...

It really is nasty to have the priority rolls go against you that much. Especially when they're consecutive turns. I'm starting to think we almost need to add a +1 modifier to your priority roll each turn that you lose priority!

Can't wait for the new monster rules, but am a bit scared about the Hasharin getting new heroic actions too! I'll tell you what, if I didn't work so hard to keep his Hasharin separated, a few of them in a fight together are NASTY!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:23 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Great report as always. I just can get enough of those eagles! Love the descriptions too (smells from the lava pit :) )