All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:48 pm

Post subject: Prince Imrahil's (not so) glorious death!
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:10 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

The other day we played a LotR Battle, Gondor vs Haradrim. Many good named heroes gathered on the battlefield to face the evil hordes of Harad. The epic duels, powerful clashes and heroic last stands followed the Gondor force warriors fall.
The good force consisted of the flower of Gondor and had among its lines the below heroes:
Prince Imrahil, Boromir of Gondor, Duinhir, Dol Amroth Captain, Forlong the Fat and Angbor the Fearless.
The evil force consisted of the below heroes and their followers:
Mumak Beast Master, Sulandan, King of Harad, Hasharin and three Chieftains, a black, a red and a Serpent.
The battlefield was a flat plain with a small ruined castle in the middle to split the whole area in two parts. I had the good forces. My plan was simple: attack with the mounted forces on the left, defence with the forces on foot on the right. In theory this was a good plan, but only in theory, because in action it was a failure! I started first and according to the plan I charged with the cavalry against the opponent archers. In the meanwhile, the foot soldiers had as a task to stop the Mumak. So I forced them to make a barrier against the oncoming beast. Unfortunately, Imrahil proved to be the main target of the Haradrims' shoots and he lost his horse at first turns. Additionaly to this, SKoDA had heavy loses, they were speedily slain by the Haradrim archers. Half of them did not even reach the enemy lines, they fell during the glorious charge!
At last, the time of the fights came. This is the moment when all the tactics move aside and the warriors clash each other with furious force. At the next fight turns, it was obvious that the Gondor cavalry previous serious loses from the Harad arrows turned the tide and for that reason they were overwhelmed by the enemy and died one after another. Additionaly, the lack of a strong Good bowmen unit, except for the sixteen rangers, did not do much harm to the enemy numbers. On the contrary, the strong heavy Good infantry managed to kill the War Mumak but not without "bleeding".
When the SKoDA and KoMT died all, their opponents turned to reinforce the rest of the Harad army, which fought against the Good infantry. In contrast to the Harad, the later did not have any reinforcements, so they were vastly outnumbered. It was a matter of time for Harad to prevail. High Courage values did not allowed the SKoDA on foot to leave the battle and they fought and died to the last one.
Lessons learned: Arrogancy is a bad leader. I did not respect the enemy archers and I overestimated the abilities of my cavalry. Below you can see some photos, for more you have to check here:
http://dramatickatastases.blogspot.com/

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Prince Imrahil's (not so) glorious death!
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:37 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Awesome. It's great to see all painted minis in a report!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:11 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hi mate, I am from Greece too. Where do you play? Maybe you could have covered your SKoDA using the KoMT. If you played using the warbands system I believe your cavalry would be more efficient due to the shorter distances.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:48 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

MeatBoy1994, thank you very much for your comment.
Constantine, we play at our homes. We are four - five people who gather from time to time and play for fun. All big children, around 40! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:43 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Lookslike a fun battle :)