All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:24 pm

Post subject: WOTR Batrep: Isengard Rises from the Maelstrom
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:51 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Andy dropped by with the Orcs of Mordor and we had our planned Ringwraith free clash. His force was led by Gothmog and Druzhag the Beastcaller and featured lots of Morranan Orcs, some ambushing Stalkers (for Druzhag to appear in) and a couple of Trolls. You may not be able to tell from the pics but I had a different army from the usual - Thrydan's Battlehost with Saruman, an Isengard Troll and a unit of Uruk crossbow to back up all the Dunlending Huscarls and the ambushing Wildmen unit. Today's clash used the Maelstrom deployment and Andy's force had the dreaded (well goblin hordes love it....) first go on the first turn. Image
Quote:
A new power is rising, our Orcs are breeding in the pits of Orthanc and soon we will have a legion of Uruks to unleash upon Middle-Earth. For now, my Lord Saruman has coddled the witless chieftains of Dunland, and they gather from all sides to fuel his ambitions. Mordor is troubled though - the Witch King's greatest general has spread his Orcs throughout the hills, scattered about and searching, trying to discern the plans of my master. The White Wizard has decided that none must return with word of what he intends....

Full report here: http://roughwotr.blogspot.co.nz/2012/02 ... .html#more

Thanks for reading.

Post subject: Re: WOTR Batrep: Isengard Rises from the Maelstrom
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:19 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Well, as always it was an interesting read, it was very nioce. I was cheering on your opponant though as I like Mordor more than Isengard, although there cannot be a victor without a loser, so for that reason, very good. Interesting write-up as usual, and nice to see Wraithlessness. WoTR is a dying game though now, so I'm glad to at least read about someone ele's exploits. Thank you for your unbending and indomitable defiance of this, it as nice to read.

:D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:17 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Very nice report... Clash of the trolls 8)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:41 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Thanks guys. It was actually a very close battle and I was just fortunate that VP fell out in my favour.

GMTW - I may (what is this 'may'? :) ) be perverse, but I almost feel like WOTR has been given a new lease on life by everything that has occurred. We also seem to have more guys getting into the game this year, I just need to get down to the club sometime to play them!

Cheers