All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:28 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bastion battles in Gent
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:52 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

No i hadn't had the time to jump in the store this saturday. Today i was in the outpost and had a battle with Bastion - i suppose he will write a nice report about it. I also saw Francis today. I won't spoil the outcome yet - bastion will let u know who won. :) He tooks lots of pictures. :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:14 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Probably all of you counted the days when will Bastion write his next report. The time has come, here I am again.
Today I had 2 match. One with the Lex's father and one with Garmenhord.

Lex brought his gondorian army with a lot of rangers, mt warriors, archers, mt captain and Saruman. I brought black guards, morannon orcs, orcs and Gothmog. We played a 600 points Contest of champions game.
The terrian had swamps, hills, forest, so it was a crowded hard terrian. I put up my army first in 3 big groups. It was really hard to move my orcs cross these terrian elements. I had a lot of casulties because of Saruman's jedi power and the archers.

After a while I decided to not take more casulties cause of those stupid bows, so I moved into the forest with on of my team with Gothmog.

Because of a mass orc horde comed, Lex moved his mt warriors to right side to protect that old b@st@rd, Saruman. It wasnt a problem anyway for him, cause the rangers shot all of my orcs at that side except 2 of them.

This battle was taking for a while, but after that half of army was lost, I had to make the courage test. I failed a lot.

Gothmog fought like the last samurai, he didnt care about Saruman's magic, he always won the fights. But of course one hero cant win a war, so he surrended himself.

The good side won. :x It was an exciting, but hopeless game for me. I did one wound to Saruman, yee :-D . Probably I should move my army more in one huge horde, but it was difficult to manage, cause of the terrian. I think that was a problem, that we didnt agree in a time limit, we just played. It doesent matter, cause Saruman killed about 13-14 orcs, and Gothmog just 4-5. I learned a lot, next time I will show the true power of Sauron to the humans.
_________________________________________________________________________________

I build a nice snow terrian for the next game, it was very good looking. The enemy was Isengard: shielded uruks, pikes, 3 crossbows, 2 wargs Saruman and Gríma. Mordor sent black guards, morannons, orcs, wargs, troll and a black guard captain. This was a 700 points kill them all game.
I placed my army first again. 4 main infantiry formations, 2 warg teams for the two side of the boards. Garmenhord build one big formation, and a really small ward with 3 crossbows, 3 uruk and 2 wargs. He put Gríma behind my lines close to my troll.

Gríma couldnt do anything all the time, cause my orc didnt let him to go anywhere. I always charged him. This was very funy. Saruman controlled the troll very well, most of the time he didnt let it to do what it wants. It wasnt a problem, cause my troll with D7 is very massive, it just got one wound during the entire game.

I attacked the uruk outpost with troops and wargs also, and I completly removed them during 3-4 turns.

In the same time the battle continued, the uruks worked very well with the pike supports. Their fight value is higher than orcs's, and they also had a banner near to my troll, so it was very difficult to do casulty. But the number of my army was still much higher, so I began to destroy the uruks from the right side.

The isengard army lost half of its number, I reached Saruman, so he couldn't controll my troll any more, and my wargs was arriving from the other battle too. At this point Garmenhord gave up. :D We forget some rules, for examples I had a horn with one of my warg riders, but I never counted the +1 courage, what a pity. We also forget to do the terror test a few time, when they attacked my troll. But it doesnt matter now, next time I wont forget it.

It was a long day (12:00-19:00), but I can say that Middle Earth is still amazing.

Last edited by Bastion.HUN on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:18 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Comiserations to Bastion.HUN in game 1, and comiserations to garmenhord in game 2 8)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:05 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I hope I can play on this week also. Next time I would like to build a scenario, called "find the tresaure". I need buildings for that, a lot. ;)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:14 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I wonder what 'find the treasure' will be about... :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:23 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Very exciting game... We also played Contest of Champions with my brother last night and it was a very good cure for some hours... Congrulations and good luck on the next battle 8)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:20 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

If someone wants to play with me or the other guys from Gent, write here: http://www.thunderbolts.be/modules/smf_forum/smf/index.php/topic,3651.0.html
I have free time on Wednesday from 16:00.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:22 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

If I was in your copuntry I'd love to, but sasly I am not :sad:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:22 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

So you are lucky to have players in the same town 8)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:35 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

You dont have any?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:37 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Only my brother... Other players are some KM far... :(
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:55 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Today I played with the "Lex family". We played a scenario, what I created. This was a "beta" version of course, we tested the rules. So the details:

600 points on both side. Time limit 2 hours. There are 20 tresaure on the board, 12 are empty, 8 contains tresaures. One of those value is 3 point, one is 2, and 6 are 1 points.

Deploying: from two gates, 3 inch far from the gate. You could deploy 5 figures, and D6 more, so the maximum is 11. After deploying they can move.

If you reach a tresaure token, you must draw a card to check that is there anything inside. If you find a tresaure, you could carry back with two troopers. There is a move penalty, -1 inch for the carriers. They must go straight back to the gate, and then they could come back in the next turn.
If the carrier team is 20 inch far from the gate, the games move on until they arrive.
Only the infantry could carry the chest, beast and riders cant.

Above the gate there are 5 archers. They are not part of the 600 points, you could get them free. Their shoot distance are 12 inch.

For the start you choose one gate, and throw a dice to see that who will come from there.

I was with mordor as usuall. I brought a lot of black guards, 4 wargs, morannon orcs, and a Black guard Captain.
The Lex family brought Saruman, dwarves, rangers, Im not sure.

I built a crowded city. We agreed on if you go up in a tower, it takes one move to up, and then one to come down. I began my deploying. In the beginning of the game Lex found one tresaure with 1 value. I was searching on 3 ways. I found a lot of empty chest also, but I found 3 tresaure too, each of them value was 1 point.

I also found a tresaure on the top of that small building. Saruman send there a sorcerer blast, but they fortunately survived, and then they could continue their way back to their gate.
The dwarves found a tresaure in the middle of the map, value of 2 points. My wargs and some orcs also arrived there, so we fought a lot for that, but no one got that.

From that we were in fighting in 3 main lines. Lex tried to found some tresaure, but he wasnt lucky. Saruman used his jedi power, killed some orcs with the sorcerer blast. After two hours I collected 3 points, Lex 1 points, I won :D . Lex killed more orcs as usuall, but my horde was bigger. Both of us really enjoyed the game.

After the game we discussed what should we modify in the rules, and next time we will play it again.

So the new rules:
-we will use 10-11 chest tokens next time. All of those will be placed in towers, walls, so you must always climb up. There will be a central tower in the middle of the board, which will contain 2 chests.
-if your carrier team is 7 inch far from the gate, but the time limit is over, you must play another turn. You cant stop with the carrier team to unlimit the game turns :P
-the new time limit is 2 and a half hour.

If you have any suggestion, please tell me, its very helpful. 8)
If you want to play with us, write here: http://www.thunderbolts.be/modules/smf_forum/smf/index.php/topic,3651.15.html
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:59 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Seems very nice... I hope you enjoyed yourself... Oh look champagne strikes again!!! :rofl:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:42 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Very nice report, only thing that ruined it was the unpainted ranger. Oh well, well done bastion

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:58 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Actually I won with lucky, I found 3 tresaures, and those where far enough from the enemy lines, so not a big deal. Otherwhise this is why I put so many tokens on the field, its exciting to search between the ruins. I found 4-5 empty chests also, so probably the game wasnt unbalanced.
Next time it wont be easy to take a tresaure, cause we will put those up to the high, so if you find something you could be sure that the enemy will chase you.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:21 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Well, luck does play a role, be thankful the dice gods smiled on you :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:01 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Dice is an important thing...We follow the rules, we live by the dice and we die by the result :)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:12 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I made new chest for the find the tresaure game. The chest are smaller then last time, and now all of them are in 3D :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:44 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Hehe very nice, looks a little tooneat for orcs though don't you think.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:00 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

What does it mean "tooneat"?
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next