All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:07 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lotr RPG Thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:28 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

As Cyllamdir greeted him, Dwalvyn stopped his preparation and gave a polite, comraderly nod and a hint of a smile. He returned to his work and let the elf stand in silence, presumably in thought with the only sounds being that of distant shovelling and the steady "scrtch.... scrcth... scrth" of his whetstone. Some time passed and Dwalvyn wasn't really aware of how long they had been there for, but the silence wasn;t uncomfortable to him as the light mist of morning could be felt on his face and a slight dew appeared in his beard.

Albaron approached them, explaining his missing in action status and asking if they had seen his bow. For his part, Dwalvyn hadn't and was only half paying attention, but thought it best to mention that they were leaving at midday. "You can get some food from the kitchens if you need to stock up or break your fast. Just don't make use wait too long to set off," he added with a grin creeping into the last sentence.

The man soon left again and the Dwarf returned to his reverie, placing his whetstone and oil flask back in his pack. "So, Master Elf, do you have a suggestion for which route to take, whilst we remain few enough voices to be heard?" he asked, half in a gesture of kinship and half in genuine curiosity.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:54 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Gramm stood, coin in hand, and weighed his options. It did not take him long to make up his mind, and he headed back towards the Red Menace. He inquired of Preston about getting some hot water brought up to his room so that he could get the blood and sweat of battle washed off. Who could tell when he would have the opportunity again? He also asked for a poultice to bind up the cut on his forehead. After bathing and and having his clothing laundered, Gramm headed back downstairs to have another pint or two. Pulling a stool near the large hearth, the big man took a curved pipe from his pouch and packed it with care. As the sweet smoke swirled around his head, he pondered the events leading up to the attack and all that he had seen during the battle.

Something was not right. He could feel it in his bones, but could not identify what it was that was bothering him. It was increasingly apparent that this attack had been no coincidence, but Gramm couldn't figure out how so many evil creatures were able to arrive so quickly. No, they had to have already been amassing for some other purpose, to have congregated in such large numbers. It would take some more thinking to puzzle through all of this, but Gramm knew that he needed to be well rested for the journey. Turning the pipe upside-down and tapping the ashes out against his boot, Gramm went back upstairs to his too-small bed.

The next morning he arose early, carefully took stock of his belongings and made a mental note of the things that he would need to collect before meeting the others. After a quick breakfast in the inn's common room, he headed out to gather his supplies. A couple of quick stops later, Gramm had enough provisions to last him several weeks if he watched his portions, and found himself at the armorer's shop. Racks of weapons and shelves lined with gleaming armor greeted him. Laying his heavy staff on the counter, Gramm selected a medium length sword and a buckler that strapped to his arm. They felt so foreign. He far preferred to get to grips with his foes, but he knew that there were times when steel in your hand was mighty useful and the battle had proven that this journey would not pass without incident. He also selected a leather half-helm from the neatly arranged armor and counted out the coins to pay the shopkeeper. None of his purchases were terribly expensive, and at least appeared to be sturdy, if not handsome.

His chores completed, Gramm headed towards the main gate, knowing that the others would be headed there soon. He found Dwalvyn, Cyllamdir and Albaron already assembled near the gate. Gramm walked up just in time to hear the Dwarf asking the Elf about possible routes.

"Though you did not address me, sir, I feel I should give what advice as may help the group. My advice would be to follow the northern border of Mirkwood until we have passed its northern reaches before descending again into the Vale of Anduin. From there, my people will be able to offer assistance and we would be able to take the high pass across the Misty Mountains under their protection. This, to me, seems the most prudent route, as it avoids the dangers of Mirkwood and the unwelcoming dark of Moria. If we make haste, we could make up for the lost time spent skirting the forest with an easy mountain crossing. Beyond the Misty Mountains, though, I am at a loss, for I have never explored their westernmost hills."

Do what is right, love mercy, and walk humbly

Battle Companies
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:12 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

"You reasoning seems sound, sir," Dwalvyn replied, turning to look at him as he approached. "I think it best to hear other opinions on route as well, not to say that your's is not the best, but simply to decide the most advantageous. After all, Mirkwood is dangerous and even skirting it could be costly. However, if our Elven friend shere can garner a little aid during that length of the journey, it could certainly make it more worthwhile." Dwalvyn considered what the man had said and recalled the maps that he had studied, trying to figure out any other routes - although, not having much experience of most of them himself he could not say which was safest, nor quickest - and deciphering decent routes for the portion that the man hadn't travelled.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:04 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hathol awake early in the morning... He got up and prepared himself for the journey...
" First the weaponary..." He cleaned his whole armor along his blade...
It took him much hour but it was worth the time...
He wore the armour and took his blade...
' I hope I am no late...'
Afraid for having left the others down he went running towards the meeting point.
People, many people were on the roads but not as many as last night...
Sometimes Hathol was falling on them because of his speed...
With an excuse he went away...
" Here arrows and bows..."
Such words made Hathol stop... It drew his attentions...
' Well, I will need sure arrows...'
He gave some pieces of gold and took many arrows having sixty in total...
He also took some food, mostly fruits... But he didn't took meat...
' Sure the dwarves will have overdo it...'
He thought smiling of his funny image of them eating meat...
' Meat is for dwarves what is lembas for the elves...'
He thought and took the bag with the food...
He went running to the meeting point and so everyone there...
Well, almost everyone... Turgwaith was late...
They were discussing about the route again...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:59 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

' Today the journey begins...'
Turgwaith thought... He was walking between the city...
' All this supplies will for us... Now I will be more friendly to them althought I must be also watchful...'
He was carrying on a bag many supplies... Meat,fruits, some mushrooms and vegetables.
He had spent most of his morning looking for the best food...
He spent most of his money on the supplies without buying anything else...
He walked to the meeting point where the others were there...
'Guess I am the last one...'
They were discussing about which route should they take...
He walked near them and everyone turned to look at him...
' Guess it's my turn...'
He let the bag with the supplies on the ground.
" So, we all know many routes can be taken..." He started to walk around.
"We can pass thought Mirkwood and head to Lorien or northern. We can also head to the south to Rohan. Mirkwod is dangerous and we don't know if Lorien will let us all pass into the forest and may Rohan be more safe but is unknown to us and we all have heard how unfriendly it is."
The elves glared at him for telling such words about Lorien but Turgwaith ignored them and continue to talk.
" Then comes the second part... The hardest one... Between our route stands the Misty mountains. There are five passes :
First the Gap of Rohan. That means we have to head south and maybe it is safe but is the longest route we can take.
Second the pass of Gladden. It is a quick qay throught at winter the river for sure would be frozen and wargs will roam it. And sure even the short moutnains we will have to pass will be as dangerous.
Third the High pass... Althought a quick way and safe from the west the east side is full of orcs and goblins. We may be dead before we pass it.
Fourth the Redhorn pass, Caradhras, Branzibar or whatever else you like to call it may be safe but it will take us more days to arrive to the top and walk down again.
Fifth, the pass of Moria. I don't know what exactly is happening there but their is a shadow deep in the halls and I am sure it's dangerous to pass from a realm with an unknown fate.
Sixth and last there is a pass between the Grey mountains and Mount Gundabad. It is full of orcs. Most dangerous of all I believe. I passed from there once long ago. I lost exactly 47 fellow soldiers there and my captain. But not only orcs have been a thread. Shadows in the snow, warriors of old and men with black heart and trolls walk the area. And there are of course wargs but also there are other servants... Spirits and werewolves..."
"
Everuone was scared by this words... Even Turgwaith himself... Discouraged may he was but then he said.
" Last we have the rest of the route... If we have took Rohan's route we will have to go north up the whole way. Throught High and Gladden pass we can go to Rivendell to find some safety. If we pass Caradhras or Moria we will have to walk in the land of Dunland where men are wild. If we go from the north we will have to go aroudn the moutnains throught snow and storms with no moment of safety. Myself I say we must follow the Grey mountains and then pass t ot the south throught Gladden pass...Next we should get to Rivendell and then straight for Shire. But every route we will take, we should we pass Eriador.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:03 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Sulvan listened to wahat they real ranger said, when he told them about mount Gundabad, Sulvan realized that this meant that the Lord of the Nazgul was gathering, and Sulvan did not like this for he did fear the wraiths, he did not care much abut their minions, even the spirits and werewolves could be killed with a sword such as the one he possessed.

"How come you know so much?" he asked suspiciously, "You talk like the enemy!" Then, pausing, he said, "Originally I suggested to take a southern route, but with recent events, I no longer consider that way safe. As confused as I am, I will take which ever way, you think is best, Dwalvyn, for you seem wiser than these fools, wise enough for me to stake my life, an the quest upon."

In his heart, Sulvan did not want to go to Rivendell, or Lothlorien, for he hated elves. He hated dwarves even more so, but he believed that elves were less trustworthy, and equally important;ly, it would be difficult to report back to Vrâsghul. He did not speak his own thoughts upn the route they should take for he became increasingly sure that one of the companions suspected something about him...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:35 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Kaldor arrived at the gate as Turgwraith was weighing up their options. Kaldor didn't really like the sound of any of the routes, so he resorted to his core mindset that he had acquired being an iron guard: "Protect the cargo". Kaldor knew that Dwalyn was the leader of the group, it seemed like a natural choice everyone had chosed, and Dwalyn had the letter, so Kaldor would back him up. Kaldor had Gramm down as somewhat mysterious but very wise nonetheless, he knew when to talk and when not to, Kaldor like him. Cyllamdir was an elf, but a very noble elf, one of the guards in the recovery bay told Kaldor how Cyllamdir had saved him and Kaldor had cursed himself for not thanking the elf earlier, it was too late to thank him now, no-one wanted to be reminded of last night, but Kaldor swore to himself that we would re-pay the favour. Turgwaith seemed to know alot about everything, but Kaldor did not feel like Turgwraith knew how to apply his knowledge, nonetheless he knew the man was good of heart, even if he was a bit distrustful. Kaldor thought Albaron was the most honest of the group, he did not mask his fear of dying on the quest and held a grudge, a bit like a dwarf really, nonetheless Kaldor was very fond of Albaron, but was a bit confused as to why Turgwaith disliked him so much, maybe rangers don't like teamwork? Lastly there was Hathol, who had been wounded the worst last night but did not fall, "very resilient for an elf" thought Kaldor. He also had trust that Hathol would risk his life for him, seeing as how Hathol ran to assist the ranger last night.

Kaldor then approached the party and said his piece:
"I remember Gramm mentioning his village which lies in the vale of Anduin last night, i feel heading for there would be a sensible route, from there on, our two rangers can lead us through their fallen realm" Said Kaldor, with a great grinn on his face.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:31 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

"Good day to all," Dwalvyn said as everyone was now present. He had listened patiently to everyone and weighed up the options heavuly before he responded. "Taking our journey past Rohan would simply take us too long. We cannot risk losing too much time, for the journey is long to begin with. The same problem is inherent with passing through Caradhras and, although I am unafeared of Gundabad and its residents, I feel it unwise to bring our task so close to the lieutenants of Sauron. If the Gladden route is fraught with wargs, where others are not, I would recommend that we move a different way. We are but small in number and a hanful of the wolves could bring us down, as well as we fight. If we are wiley and stealthful, the High Pass could be traversed, ensuring that we take on only small groups of the filth, but there are two options that I feel are safer still. The routes via Anduin and Moria, for Moria is a great and magnificent Dwarf-held realm, where we can resupply, ensure portection and swift, unendangered travel, as well as being a fairly direct route. Regarding the Anduin, it has many of the same benefits, in that we have allies that may be able to garner us some additional aid and resources."
Dwalvyn had unintentionally assumed the role of commander. He had put himself forward for it, but it hadn't been discussed and the group seemed to naturally be looking to him. He was glad that there didn't seem to be any major problems within the coterie and felt that his choices would largely be kept simple and probably democratically based.
"Does anyone have any additional comments before we decide for definite and get moving? It is not quite high sun yet, however I think it is acceptable to be moving a soon as we are able, if we are ready."
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:50 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Kaldor stood for a few moments, waiting for someone to say something, but since no-one was willing to add anything to Dwavlyn's rather decisive speech Kaldor felt it necessary to get the party moving.
"Well, no point standing about, Let us get going, may i suggest we ride on one of the rafts heading towards mirkwood, we can ride along the forest river out into the foot of the grey mountains and if we shall require aid, we may simply sail into Thranduil's halls" Announced the dwarf, he didn't like the idea of going to an elf for help but he was open minded enough to recognize they could come into great peril, and the elves are considered to be masters of "hospitality".

With that, he and the party strode out of the ruined gate, and followed a much trodden trail, they walked for an hour before reaching a crossroads. No-one said much, they were too focused and the awkwardness was a refreshing breath of reality which made them realise this quest would not all be warg fighting and would still be a chance to make friends and see the world. At the crossroads there stood three paths: One led to the dock, which would provide a free, quick form of transport through mirkwood; another path led toward the mirkwood trail, the same route bilbo's party planned on taking many years ago, which would be a safe route, provided they did not leave it; the last path led northwards, toward the grey mountains, this road could be very perilous, but could be very empty, either way the last path would allow them to avoid the dangers of mirkwood.

"Im not in the mood for another discussion" Exclaimed Kaldor "Let us choose a path and choose it fast!" He said with a diplomatic tone, he realized soon after closing his mouth that he had picked up some of Dwavlyn's mannerisms, which he didn't like.
"My vote goes for the rafts, they would lead us straight through mirkwood, and after that they could bring us straight into the anduin vale" It seemed weird that a dwarf would rather visit dolby instead of moria but Kaldor wanted to see the whole world, not just the underground bits. However whether they would pass through moria or not had not been decided yet, they would do that once they reach the other side of mirkwood!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:30 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Gramm was glad to see that the party seemed to have accepted his idea to pass through the Vale of Anduin and attempt the high pass, but was worried that they might choose to tackle Mirkwood head-on. Although the raft seemed to offer an easy route through the dark forest, he knew from experience that the waterways through the the woodlands were just as perilous as the footpaths. The passages were dark and required portaging in some areas. The water itself was dark and unhealthy looking, and if the old tales were to true, they were enchanted as well. On top of all of that, the spiders were known to ambush travelers, stringing webs from bank to bank and waiting for the currents to bring them their prey.

No, Gramm wanted to avoid all of that if at all possible. Though it would take them somewhat longer, he much preferred to take the last road that skirted the northern eaves of the forest. Though he was no gifted orator, he attempted to explain these dangers and persuade the party to take this longer, safer road.

"My lot is cast for the northern road, though I know many voices can sometimes find wisdom where one would falter. I will abide by the decision of the whole party, for I have pledged to assist in this task."

Do what is right, love mercy, and walk humbly

Battle Companies
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:27 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Turgwaith when finished talking sat on a rock nearby...
His companions discussed about the route and some of them said about the High pass throught Anduin...
Gramm expressed his fear for Mirkwood and so he made clear he wanted to travle northern between Mirkwood and teh Grey mountains...
" I see... Well we must travel north of Mirkwood and pass Anduin to the High pass..."
He said as he got up... Everyone's eyes followed him as he spoke
" If we will succed at passing the High pass we will get to Rivendell and then to our destination... Has anyone other something to said?"
' I hope we will all agree to one place...'
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:34 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hearing them speak all this time came a moment when Hathol's turn was.
" The route via Mirkwood would be best for me but if you all don't want to go I won't stand at this route. I don't know about the High pass but I know that Rivendell will be a restful locaion for us all..."
He looked at them all and before the end of the speech he said:
" No safe, no slow, we must be fast and desicive forif we argue and if we don't stand united, everyone will end up death. That's what I have to said..."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:05 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

During the jouney, Sulvan had made sure he had left a small bread trail for his collaboraters to follow, hoping they had sense enough to both follow, but remain at a safe distance. As they reached the crossroad, Sulvanhad decided for the time being to assist the companions, because his life was in at least as much danger as there's. Although travelling into Mirkwood wood mean meeting wood elves, Sulvan wanted to take a route closest to Dol Guldur to allow Vrâsghul to keep up and gather minions.

"I also think that the route through Mirkwood is best, for I believe that we would be in good hands in the hands of its ruler. We may gain assistance from Thranduil's people there," he replied, after listening to all the the others' words.

Sulvan was beginning to think that he could understand the characters of certain companions. The dwarf leading them, Dwalvyn and the other, Kaldor semed easiest to convince, and so he decided to ensure he agreed with them more often than was normal. He thought he did not know enough about the oversized Gramm, but believed the real ranger, Turgwaith was his biggest threat, and would need to neutralise him somehow. The elves, Hathol, and Cyllmadir were befuddling him, for he was struggling to understand the ways of elves...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:39 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

"It seems wise to listen to our travelled friend and avoid travelling along the river. Alongside other dangers, falling in with so much armour would be a certain death," Dwalvyn replied, weighing up the given comments. "As much as I am certain that Lord Thranduil would give us aid, getting to him feels more dangerous than skirting the forest. We would sacrifice some speed, but trying to stay alive could slowus down far more." Dwalvyn hadn't made it an order, simply stated what he elt made the most sense. He was utmostly glad to have people that knew the perils of certain routes, for it made decisions far more informed.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:58 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hathol heard his fellow comapnions words ' Care first for the others and last for yourself' his borther was always saying...
When Dwalyn ended his words he spoke
" To the lands I have travelled I can lead you, King Thranduil would aid us for sure... I believe it's better to go in danger where allie will aid us than go to danger by ourselves.I can lead you throught Mirkwood if that becomes our route."
He saw around the others, the dwarves of course were stubborn but also brave, the men where looking at each other in a way that made them look liek they didn't trust each other more than the elves and dwarves... Last Cyllamdir... He was silent all this time hearing everyone's other thoughts.
" Cyllamdir, what do you think?" He asked his elven-friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:39 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Kaldor looked around, he didn't hear what Turgwaith had said to Cyllamdir and no-one seemed particularly decisive about anything, but Kaldor was eager to get going.
"It seems that skulking below the grey mountains is the preferred route, and i had not realized the perils of the river Gramm, it seems nothing in that blasted forest is safe" He laughed

Kaldor took a map out of his satchel and surveyed it closely, his eyes flickered across the page as he attempted to interpret the data on the map. He then neatly folded the map and placed it back in his bag.
"Acording to the map, we are a 2 or 3 day walk away from the foot of the grey mountains, the pass between the mountains and mirkwood is not very long but it takes atleast a day to traverse. From there we will be walking along the feet of the mountains. I hear there is a small boating community of men and elves at the tip of the greyluin river, where we can rest and hopefully find a safe passage into the anduin vale. But be wary, i traveled this path with Balin on the way to moria, we lost alot of men in the pass thanks to a creature: some say it was a frenzied troll, others claim it was a giant spider, one of the soldiers even claimed it was a dragon! Either way, be aware that something very evil lurks in that pass! I highly suggest we camp outside the borders of the pass the night before, so we can rush through the valley in a single day!" Kaldor spoke with grit in his voice as he talked of the "creature" and while some of the companions regarded Kaldor as a fearless monster killer thanks to his encounter with the warg chief, it was clear he both feared and hated this creature.

Kaldor then stretched his short, fat arms and began walking down the path which led along the outskirts of mirkwood. As the party walked Kaldor made sure to stay as far away from the forest as possible, he was both impressed and amazed that elves of all races could live inside the terrifying forest without going mad with fear. The walk was long, but everyone seemed rather energized, the battle wounds from the night before were causing everyone to ache alot but they were still moving as fast as they can, and much to Kaldor's disappointment, Hathol seemed to be walking better than him, despite the elf's serious leg wound. Kaldor did not feel tired or lonely enough yet to start discussing eachother's life stories so he kept quiet for alot of the walk, the sun eventually began to dip down into the horizon at which point Kaldor stopped walking.
"Should we turn in early?" He inquired "I see a nice spot high in a mound up there, nice and far away from the forest" Announced Kaldor as he pointed to a rather cosy looking ruin ontop of a small hill. We could rest there without worrying about being hunted by the Denizens of mirkwood, for we would be sleeping way out of sight". Kaldor was very wary of the forest, the elves may have found it funny but Kaldor's wariness was more a sign of respect for elvish hardship than a sign of contempt.
"Also, this is our first day, if we set up camp now, we can work out how long it takes for us to set up camp and have some well needed rest, i don't know about you guys, but i'm still reeling from last night!" He laughed.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:42 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Cyllamdir had listened to the discussion about the route they would take without saying anything. He didn't like discussions. Everyone began to tell the others their ideas, and everyone thought else about it. This made Cyllamdir a bit displeased, and he decided to remain silent, sit back and don't take part in the conversation. When Hathol asked him for his opinion, he knew he had to say something. The way he preferred to take was ofcourse through Mirkwood, but just when he opened his mouth to say this, Kaldor began to speak again. He seemed to want to get on the road as soon as possible. Cyllamdir was somewhat relieved they could finally stop the discussion and just begin the journey.

The first part of the walk of the first day no-one said anything; all were silent. Cyllamdir looked down to his new boots, and he was pleased with them. The others, mostly the dwarves, seemed to fear Mirkwood. Cyllamdir also knew it was dangerous, but he remembered the better times. When Mirkwood wasn't called Mirkwood yet, but Greenwood, and when it was beautiful and peaceful. Now there dwelled evil, but Cyllamdir knew his kin would never give up and leave the forest. Also he wouldn't, he had lived there for many years and would never freely leave the forest forever. He turned his head towards Mirkwood, and he knew Kaldor was trying to avoid it as much as possible.

Then the dwarf pointed out a place where they could spend the night. Cyllamdir raised an eyebrow when Kaldor said it was a nice place because it was far enough from the forest, but he decided not to make comment. In his opinion it was a bit early to stop, he wasn't satisfied with the progress they had made. But on the other hand, he could understand it if the others wanted to rest and sleep, and actually Cyllamdir knew he could do with some rest as well. He wasn't completely healed from the battle in Dale yet.

'I am fine with it to rest there', he said after a few seconds. 'But we will have to make more progress tomorrow.'

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:03 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Dwalvyn was content to get moving again and felt no need for unnecessary banter with the others. Not yet at least. He felt it best to let the nature of their travel sink into everyone and get the feeling of trekking in his bones. One Kaldor had pointed out a resting spot and Cyllamdir had confirmed his okay with it, Dwalvyn piped up. "It is rather early to end today's travels, but if people wish to rest due to yesterday's events, then we should rest. If everyone would like to rest now, since we have a camp location, then I suggest that we leave before dawn to compensate. If we can reduce the number of days our journey takes us without compromising safety, then I feel we should. Also, we don't know when the next safe spot would come up to set up for the night." The whole time, Dwalvyn had continued to walk, making sure that they knew that talking didn't mean they had to stop.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:42 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Moving throught fields were they, with both fear and courage in their eharts, the sun was hiding behind the clouds and the light was fading away. Everyone moves revealed that they had wounds. Turgwaith was at the very back behind the rest of the others. He always seemed to let the other pass in the front, when they were left behind like the dwarves on the hills or the elves at sharp rocky places. They all know that danger will for sure come, but they didn't know it's morph.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:48 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Sulvan could feel his heart beating as he approached Mirkwood, and his fear of a hordeof elves, was setting in, luckily for him noone else seemed to notice, and even if they did, he reasoned, they would think he was more afraid of the creatures of Mirkwood. Unbeknownst to them, he held, in his pouch, a small object that would protect him and those nereast from stray creatures like wargs, spiders and bats, only those directed by his paymaster could find them.

Sulvan did not mind whenor how often they rested, being used to the harsh climates of Rhun and Khand, he could last longer without food or rest than most, but when Dwalvyn told them to stop for night, Sulvan said aloud; "That is an excellent idea, captain." With that he continued to follow the dwarf...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next