All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:23 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Community RPG discussion thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:22 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I wasn't aware that 50 soldiers were becoming reinforcements, I'm having alot of trouble understanding their posts, not necessarily spelling or grammar, just slightly weirdly structured paragraphs, the main trouble I'm having is understanding your motives: You left the tornado Borders to defend, you complain that you've been rescued by the king, then you leave his carriage so you can go fight, even though it's pretty obvious brand will want to defend his town, and lastly you comment "I hope our companions are ok" even though you made no effort to help them despite the hints everyone dropped that you should not leave the town. Focus a bit more on motives: why did your character want to do certain things, then explain to other characters what your gonna do, as opposed to just running off and doing it.

Regarding the whole passing out thing, I'm sorry i misunderstood you but I interpretted that turgwraith had collapsed but the elf hadn't. Even if I'm wrong the ranger had been knocked down by wargs (and shot, I think) and legolas' character had a knife stuck in his leg and a warg bite on his arm (I think his armour "saved" that injury though) so it would only have been a matter of time before they fainted.

No offence was meant by this in any way, I just wanna smooth out all the cracks in our communication so we can enjoy a really great rp, try to take on board what I said about motives, it will be cool to see why turgwraith hates men so much, and what has happened to the elf's brother, why didn't he arrive in dale? Is he worried about his brother? Etc etc. Try to include some of your characters thoughts in your posts, to flesh them out a bit :)

On another note, sorry I haven't had time to post today, but don't worry, Brand is an hour or two away so it will take a while before the army of dale+hilbert bros arrive. Sorry about messing up where your characters are hilbert bros, I'll try not to do it again, but just stick with and adapt to your situation. your with the kings army and are travelling in his personal carriage, so you have nothing to worry about. I understand both of your characters prefer combat to plot but sometimes you gotta be thrown out your comfort zone. And anyway it's not every day you meet a king :D

I'll make another post in the rp tomorrow, I promise, but feel free to continue the fighting yourselves, then your reinforcements can arrive. make sure you bring the reinforcements in at a climatic point, not just any old point.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:26 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I think you think wrong... Faint isn't caused by a knife in your leg or an arrow in your shoulder...
t's not so easy to faint as you think... Pain reduce the changes to faint not increase them...
So no faint for us...
We knew Kign Brand will go for reinforcements, EVERYONE knows that...
We asked to let US go too...
Anyway we think if you no one is moving the story around someone else character there would not be such promblem again... 8)
P.E. I don't care about meeting kings... I am not interested. :wink:

Last edited by Hilbert on Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:53 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I think SuicidalMarsbar is allowed to move our characters, as it is needed in some cases. His job is to keep the RP smooth, clear and flowing, and to add in unexpected events. When someone runs away and the others don't know where he exactly is, SuicidalMarsbar thinks of something to bring everyone together again and to clear things up. Sometimes he does it in a way you don't like, but whatever - it's RP. If something unexpected happens, it doesn't matter what you think of it, but it's all about what your character would do in such a situation. In RL you don't like everything that happens either, do you? :)
So you can keep complaining about that, or just accept it the way it is and enjoy the RP! :-D

By the way, I'll post too today.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:14 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Ok a last thing is you said that I must explain to others why I do such things...
I don't want to ... It's not a must... Turgwaith is lonely and a person clsoed to himself...
He do what he do without giving answers...
Anyway let's continue...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:23 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

You could dexcribe Turgwaith's thoughts in your post, it isn't necessary that he speaks to others.

But indeed, let's continue. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:03 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I agree with Meneldil, you and Legolas7 sholuld describe your thoughts more, and anyway, with more develepment, i believe you characters would be my favourite non-evil guys, as it stands, the dwarves and other elf do better.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:23 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Why to describe more our characters? :rollApperanc eis fully described and you can understand their personalities... :)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:38 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

We don't want to describe our thoughts more cause we do what we do without thinking... :lol:
Anyway Turgwaith went to the wargs ebcause he always want's to fight instantly( Like he cares if he dies...)
and Hathol followed him because he worry about his companions...
We wanted to return to help you as Hathol is worried about the others...( Turgwaith just go to battle...) :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:04 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Hilbert wrote:
Why to describe more our characters? :rollApperanc eis fully described and you can understand their personalities... :)

Just because a character is lonely doesn't mean he doesn't have a trail of thought, if anything his thoughts should speak louder than his words. Saying "There is no hope for men" to someone who just saved you does not convey that your character is lonely, it makes him seem arrogant, disrespectful, foolish and confrontational. If any of those are characteristics of Turgwraith that's fine, i don't mind, but without a proper reason behind his actions and words, it makes him a very difficult character to read because i don't know whether to hate him or sympathize him.

Appearance contributes very little to a character and for us to understand his personality, you need to be constantly contributing to his personality or he seems.... void

Hilbert wrote:
I think you think wrong... Faint isn't caused by a knife in your leg or an arrow in your shoulder...
t's not so easy to faint as you think... Pain reduce the changes to faint not increase them...
So no faint for us...
:

Yes pain does sustain consciousness because it releases adrenaline but when you are suffering from blood loss because of being stabbed or shot, not matter how much pain you are in, you faint. Also if i say "you faint" sadly, you have to faint, i am the guy controlling the rp.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:32 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Location: Before the gates of another fortress, telling those maggots that they have to form ranks!
Correct,
but may I suggest we stop arguing and just get on with WIP itself.
I'm waiting here... :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:56 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Then sorry but we are out...
The rp 'leader' is writing the chapter and such things as I remembered from the old site before it got hacked... But he never touched someone's other characters...
Don't use our characters anymore(expect if you kill them instantly) because they belong to us... :)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:18 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I've added the first conntinue of the day 8)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:39 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

And I added the second! :)
Things are looking bad for Cyllandir... :( lol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:10 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Sorry for a relatively short post, but it brings everyone back together with a moment or two to discuss their next move. As you can see I took up the role of gramm until erunion returns.

And Hilbert I did not mean to try and drive you two off, that was never my intent. If you are really opposed to being travelled by me then do your best not to leave the party without giving everyone a clear motive for your departure, and I won't need to touch your character. As your characters; I'll say their too badly wounded to continue, they'll be in hospital with Hrothgar, that way you can re-enter the rp whenever you feel ready. Either way I hope there are no hard feelings, I only argued back because I was put in a position of authority and thought I was in the right, it is my job to keep things flowing smoothly, if I feel things are getting a bit hazy in allowed to move your characters, the fact I chose to place them with a bunch of npc's was a kindness, I could have just knocked you out till the fighting ended so I didn't have to concentrate on you, but if you'd rather be left to your own devices that's fine, I won't "interfere" again. Yet again no hard feelings, and feel free to drop back in whenever.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:22 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

SuicidalMarsbar, can i ask you, did you drag me back too or am I still with Raggbur's character?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:38 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Greetings, everyone.

I had to be out of town for the last few days and did not have access to the internet. I apologize for not letting you all know ahead of time, but I had not anticipated the pace that the RPG would take. I have read through both of the threads and caught up on the action, and have made a post in the RPG thread. Looking forward to seeing how this all plays out!

Do what is right, love mercy, and walk humbly

Battle Companies
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:57 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Messaged to S.M. for our return if he accepts the offer...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:41 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Gothmog you are still with Raggbur. Just to clarify, I don't care if people leave the party. I moved hilbert bros to help them and I moved Dwalyn because it made sense for the whole group to move as one. But from now on I will alert you prior to moving you.

On another note, it's nice to see erunion again :)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:50 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Ok... It would eb very nice and we would skip all those argues...
And the living shall arise from the dead...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:26 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Nice continue SuicidalMarsBar...
One question.. How far away are the wargs? :D

Last edited by Hilbert on Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26  Next