All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:28 pm

Post subject: A Simple Little Scenario.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:21 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Here is one i dreamt up while bored at work today:

Backstory: Whilst leading a brave defence of Osgiliath, Boromir and a small band of Warriors are caught as a catapult round destroys the building they were fighting inside. Bloodied and bruised Boromir and a few of his remaining Warriors rise up, ready to repel the Orc as they await reinforcements.

Forces:
Boromir CotWT (see notes)
4 WoMT with Sword / Shield
4 WoMT with Spear / Shield

Orc Captain with Shield
8 Orc Warriors with an assortment of shield, spear and two handed weapons

Deployment and Setup:

This game is played on a 15 by 15 inch board with a scattering of small and large rubble. Place a gate about 2" wide along one table edge. Place Boromir directly opposite the gate with the WoMT within 3". The Evil player deploys his Captain and his 8 Warriors within 3" of the gate.

Objectives:

Good: Keep Boromir alive until turn.... (choose a turn number)
Evil: Kill Boromir

Special Rules:

Battered and Bruised: As Boromir is hurt and badly shaken he is not at full fighting strength. Use the Boromir of Gondor profile for this game. Also Boromir may not use his Horn of Gondor as he has last it among the rubble.

Unrelenting Horde: The Orcs are desperatley pushing onwards through Osgiliath, knowing they have a shot at taking Boromir out. Whenever an Orc Warrior is killed keep it to one side. In the next Evil player turn it may move onto the board from the gate. It may charge (measure from the middle of the gate) and act as normal. Note the Captain may not return in this manner, when he is dead that is it for him.

A very simple and short battle that relies on a small area to keep the game short and sweet but with a lot of carnage. If anyone has the time to try it out give me some feedback as this is my first idea under the new rules.

'FireKnife'
 Post subject: Re: A Simple Little Scenario.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:34 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Since I have those model I may try it out, and ggive feeedback as soon as possible.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:37 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Same here! I have a different Boromir but oh well.

Current Project: Ringwraiths - Haradrim - Mumakil
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:27 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Thanks, i tried a variant with Boromir, Merry, Pippin and lots of Uruk Hai, took a whole 11 turns to cut Boromir down but the Evil force had no Captain.

'FireKnife'
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:35 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

This sounds really fun. I'll see if I can get some guys together and give it a try with different opponents to see how it works.

Quick games are my favorite and IMO the best part about SBG... and probably also the reason GW doesn't support it nearly as much as it should, since it can intrinsically be played with only one model per side if you want. You don't have to buy piles of minis to play.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:37 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Looks fun, simple but dynamic.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:51 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Very simpel but that;s why it looks so fun... 8)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:36 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I have thought of many games, often limiting to only a few models and a board of no more than 18 by 18 inches just to get those quick, play on a desk or kitchen table games with about 10 models a side.

Most of them end up being film inspired ideas, typical ones like Aragorn cutting his way through 10 Uruk Scouts to reach and kill Lurtz.

'FireKnife'
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:17 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

wow, lovely and simple. i am trying to make something similar but using eomer with rohan and some uruk hai now.
such a great little idea!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:18 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I decided to try this scenario by myself as I had the models handy. The gondorians formed a line with spearman n back and swords in front with boromir on the right flank. The orcs did much the same. Good went first to do some positioning tweaking, then the orcs moved up. Next turn the orcs charged the poor gondorians. One orc died by boromir and the rest got pushed back. My captain I sent up to try and fight boomir with some support. however boromir just used his might and fight value to wound him. I pulled the captain back so he couldn't be hurt since he was the only thing I had that couldn't spawn back. Meanwhile I had flanked the left side of the gondorians and took them out with lucky sixes. After 3 or 4 turns only 3 more left of them they retreated to boromir where they did around him. Then boromir with 6 orcs on him broke free and tried to sprint to the captain. But he was stopped by 2 orcs who were guarding him and that was time for the rest to come and circle him. It took 12 or 13 turns to beat simple because of his might he had left. It was fun and very carnagey as promised. :yay:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:18 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Well for me the big thing is games like this. Like doing a game with just 16 Rangers and a large band (30) of Orcs that are slowly being picked off or doing the last stand match with Boromir against Lurtz and some shield or bow Uruk Hai Scouts. Even Weathertop is a good one to do, just Frodo kept dying when i tried it.

Thanks for running the scenario either way.

'FireKnife'