All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:37 pm

Post subject: Orc siege on a Haradrim fort
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:52 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forces:

"Good":
1 Harad King with Spear and Bow, 10 Haradrim Archers and 10 Haradrim Spearmen. (250 Points)
Reinforcements: 1 Harad King with War Spear and Horse, 5 Harad Raiders with War Spears. (125 Points)

Evil:
2 Morannon Orc Captains, one with Shield and one with Two Handed axe, 6 Orcs with Shields, 6 Orcs with Spears, 12 Morannon Orcs with Shields and 12 Morannon Orcs with Spears and Shields. (375 Points)
Reinforcements: Orc Drummer, 4 Orc Trackers and 8 Morannon Orcs with Shields (125 Points.

Here's the pictures (sorry about the poor quality, but I was using the camera on my MP, and I forgot about Macro function), followed by the report (The Elf in some pictures represents the Morannon Orc Captain with Two-Handed Axe, he's too heavy to sit on the centre of the fort):

3 Orcs with Spears and 3 with Shields each on the bottom 2 ladders, the others are held by 3 Morannons with Shields and 3 with Spears and Shields.

The first turn saw some pretty poor archery by the Haradrim, if only they re-rolled to hit instead, although a Morannon Orc on the Siege Tower was shot down. The second turn shooting was even worse, with no casualties caused.

Turn three and the Orcs are nearly at the walls, one more turn and they will attack. Again, the Haradrim shooting does nothing.

Turn 4 finally sees the Orcs get Priority and three ladders and the tower hit the castle walls, with both Morannon Orc Captains attacking the defenders. Two ladders are then pushed back down by the Haradrim, and the only archer that can shoot misses. The Captain with Shield is pushed back, whilst the Captain with Two-Handed Axe kills one of his enemies.

With priority returned to the Haradrim, they attempt to push down the remaining ladder, but are too weak, which is quickly climbed by a trio of Morannon Orcs. Some of the other Morannon Orcs attack the main gate and one of the side gates. A second Haradrim archer and a Spearman are killed, but the gate remains undamaged. One of the Morannon Orcs climbing the ladder is killed, but the two beneath him keep hold of the ladder.

The Orc Warriors on one flank attack the second side gate, with the rest of their number climbing to the top, whilst Morannon Orc Captains and Morannon Orcs attack the opposite flank. The Morannon Orc Captain with Shield takes a wound, but fate saves him, whilst the other Captain kills a Spearman. Both side gates are reduced to a single batter point, but 3 Orcs fall to their death, while the King slays another Morannon Orc.

With priority remaining with the Orcs, the Haradrim wait for the reinforcements to arrive, hoping they can hold out long enough. The side gate under attack by Morannon Orcs falls. The ladders are cleared, with the deaths of 2 Orcs and a Morannon Orc, but 4 Haradrim fall to the attack of the Morannons on the opposite side of the wall.

The Haradrim await reinforcements as they receive priority, pushing down two ladders, which the Orcs abandon, whilst the King and his warriors challenge the Morannon Orc Captain with axe, tying up enough Warriors to block the other Captain. The second side gate falls, whilst the Haradrim at the other one push the Morannon Orcs back. The Orc Captain in combat takes a wound, Fate deserting him, although no other casualties are caused.

To be continued...

Post subject: Re: Orc siege on a Haradrim fort - part 2
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:04 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Here is part 2:

Haradrim reinforcements arrive, although the Orcs pay little attention, as if they can take the fortress they will be safe. The side gate the Orcs destroyed is bought to a stalemate, with one Haradrim Warrior and one Orc dying each. The Haradrim King and Skully both use a Might Point to win the fight, increasing their rolls to 6’s, but the higher fight of the King proves itself, with the Captain chucked off the fortress, dead. The Haradrim, inspired, push back most of the other Morannon Orcs, killing one, suffering a single casualty in return.

The Orcs gain control, with the second Captain charging the Haradrim King in the Fortress. The side gates are breached, with both kinds of Orc’s travelling through to attack the Haradrim inside, whilst the raiders move closer to the Orcs, with one shot down by the archers on top. In total, 2 Morannon Orcs and 2 Orc Warriors die, in return for 3 Haradrim Spearmen.

The Orc reinforcements arrive, following the Harad cavalry, which then charged the remains of the infantry on the ground, with a couple going to help out the infantry inside the fort. A grand total of 2 Morannon Orcs die to the cavalry charge, with another slain by a Harad archer. 2 Haradrim spearmen die in return, and the ongoing combat between the King and the Captain remains a stalemate.

With the main half of the Evil force broken, the King and Captain both call Heroic moves, with Good winning, and the Captain being attacked. Only 7 of the 16 unengaged Orcs fled. 3 Morannon Orcs die in combat, with the Captain being wounded. A Haradrim Raider is killed in return.

The Captain passes his Courage Test, leaving 3 Orcs to take Courage Tests, 2 of which are passed. An Orc Tracker is killed by the Haradrim archers, the trapped Spearman, and 3 Morannon Orcs (1 from the reinforcements) are killed, along with a Haradrim Raider.

The Captain passes his Courage Test again, before charging the King yet again. The Orc Trackers take out the Haradrim King’s Horse, with the final ladder being pushed down. The Haradrim Archers retaliate by killing two of the Trackers. The Captain refuses to die, after losing the combat again, but 2 of the Morannon reinforcements die, as well as a Haradrim Raider.

The horseless Haradrim King passes his Courage Test and leads the two Raiders into the line of Morannon Orcs, who get trapped between them and the Haradrim Spearmen. A lucky shot from the Orc Tracker kills a Haradrim Archer, the return fire incapable of hurting the tracker. The king yet again fails to kill the chieftain, whilst 2 Morannon Orcs, the Drummer and a Haradrim Archer die, breaking the remaining two forces.

The Haradrim Kings lead the other Haradrim, killing a lot of the Orcs. The Captain then flees, as do 2 of the 4 remaining Morannon Orcs. The final two attack one of the Kings and another Warrior. The King loses his combat but isn’t wounded, and the other Morannon Orc kills a Haradrim Warrior. Some of the Haradrim use the Orcs Siege Tower and Ladder to gain access to he castle, attacking the two remaining Orcs, sandwiching them, one of them dies. The Morannon Orc (who is probably a bit berserk) passes his Courage Test charging both Kings, causing 8 of the 12 Haradrim to flee. Not surprisingly, the Morannon Orc dies.

Model of the Match goes to - the final Morannon Orc.

Review - quite a tough scenario, Harad didn't do quite well to begin with, but when their reinforcements arrived the fights in the fort started to look up, especially after the death of the Morannon Orc Captain, the Haradrim Kings higher Fight Value proved invaluable, the amount of time I didn't spend rolling for the Morannon Orc Captain was incredible. The most memorable part of the battle was definitely the ending, with 8 Haradrim fleeing or the duel between Skully and the King.

Post subject: Re: Orc siege on a Haradrim fort
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:40 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Prototype scnario! Just put the pcitures near the word sthat are talking abou the envents that they show... 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:11 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Ultragreek wrote:
Prototype scnario! Just put the pcitures near the word sthat are talking abou the envents that they show... 8)

I will do next time (and normally do), I just forgot which pictures went where.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:10 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Also just make sure your camera has macro mode on, besides that i really enjoyed the report :)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:21 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hopefully I'll have a better camera as well next time. I'm glad you enjoyed it.