All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:57 pm

Post subject: Angmar campaing
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:27 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

So my friends and I are creating a camaping based on Angmar's history from Rotwk.
We possible play the battles.
It's for Sbg and Wotr...
Scenario 1:Foundations of Angmar
The Witch-king and Morgomir arrive at a barren land to the North near the Ettenmoors. They immediately notice a highly intelligent warrior troll, Buhrdur, and recruit him on the promise that they will reunite the Trolls.
SBG
Participants
Good force:
Black numenorean marshal
200 p. of evil warriors( We recommend black numenoreans warriors)
Well black numenoreans aren't good but let's say they are for the scenario
Evil force:
Witch king M1/W12/F1
Tainted
Buhrdur
4 Cave trolls

Layout;This scenario is played on a 6'x6'. You should place some hills at the board and it should have snow for terrain.
Starting positions : The good force is deployed at the northern table edge while the trolls are placed 2' away from the corners in straight diagonical line.
The evil heroes are deployed at the south edge.
Objectives: The good players must kill all the enemy force. The evil player must kill all the trolls.
If both sides have achieve their objectives ine the same turn it is a draw.
Special rules: Splitted trolls:The trolls are splitted and don't work as teams. When is the evil player move both palyers roll a dice. The player with the biggest score on the dice moves the troll. The troll can't charge. The troll when comes in touch with one of the evil force's heroes is controlled from the evil player normal from tehre and onwards.
Points Match: Good 250 points Evil 700 points No model may be mounted. The evil force must use half of his force splitted in four in the place of the trolls.
Something different: You can play this scenario as a scenario to save the ents. The good force takes the palce of the evil force using 3 ents whiel the other 3 ents are the splitted trolls. The evil force has an orc captain in command and orc warriors instead of blakc numenoreans.

WOTR
Good forces
800 points chosen of Black numenoreans regiments
Evil forces
Witch king(Winged)
Tainted(Winged)
Buhrdur
4 cave trolls
All rules same as above

If you play this as a campaing note that if Good wins the evil player can't use Black numenoreans and cave trolls in future matches,if ti is a draw the evil player can use black numenoreans and if evil wins he can use both.

Last edited by Ultragreek on Wed May 25, 2011 10:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
 Post subject: Re: Angmar campaing
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:51 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

A nice idea, but I see a few problems :) I think the 'good' player is supposed to kill the trolls, but that is 5trolls and 2 (named) wraiths against a rather small army?? I think that the 'evil' player wins this one everytime :) Anyways, I'm not a good, nor experienced player, so I could be wrong.

Blood Angels - 850+
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:49 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

If the good player palys smart he can circle the troll who cant charge... Anyway this is the easiest of the scenarios.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:17 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Just wondering... why are the Black Numenoreans the "good" side? Wouldn't it be easier to use Warriors of Arnor or something equivalent?

And for the WOTR scenario... are the Witch-king and the Tainted on Fellbeasts (the Legendary formations)? Because if not they have no formation to join because your remaining 5 formations are all monsters...

Interesting ideas though! 8)

"With hope in our hearts, and wings on our heels" - Chariots of Fire
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:22 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

About the winged nazgul , yes they are on fellbeasts. I forgot to write it but now it's okay. ANyway this camapign is based on Bfme 2 Rotwk. In teh first scenario the heroes must unite the trolls and fight the Black Numenoreans.So for teh first scenario they are used as good force because if they win they will left the evil player without tehm or trolls(if it is played as a campaing).

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:29 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Guys bad news.The whoel SBG part won't be releashed until barbarians are releashed. WOTR scenarios will be added later.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:25 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Fall of Rhudaur:A group of Hillmen of Rhudaur begin to rebel against Arnor, led by Hwaldar. Hwaldar is seized and arrested, but Morgomir recognizes a valuable ally to control the Hillmen of Rhudaur.
SBG
Participants
Good force:
The Guardians
250 points chosen from Rangers of Arnor, Warriors of Arnor, can include two Captains of Arnor
The Outposters
500 points chosen from Rangers of Arnor,Warriros of Arnor,can include a Captain of Arnor...
Evil force
Witch king M2/W12/F1
Tainted
Buhrdur
250 points of Trolls,Black numenoreans
Dunlending chieftain with TH weapon
3 Wild man chieftain
7 Dunlending warriors (2 with bows,3 with shields, 2 with Th weapon)
21 wildmen of Dunland(10 with TH weapon)
Layout: Same as WOTR
Starting positions: The main evil force is deployed as it does in WOTR...
The Dunlending are placed in the south while one chieftain along with 7 wild men in each other section. The good force is deployed as it does in WOTR...
Special rules: Same as WOTR
Points match: Good force 750 points, Evil force 900 points. Each side may have up to four unamed heroes and three named. 500 points of the evil force must swap place with the chained models....No model may be mounted
Something different: It's more usual for the forces of Sauron to trap and torture their enemies.So you can swap the sides. The guardians could be orcs who captured soldiers of Mians tirith or even Uruk-hai who captured villagers of Rohan. So the good force may be a rescue party... Faramir and Boromir with their warriors or even Eomer and his riders...

WOTR
Participants
Good force:
Guardians
1000 points chosen from Rangers of Arnor and Warriors of arnor
The outposters
1500 points chosen as above...
Evil force:
Witch-King
Tainted
Buhrdur
1000 points chosen from Black numenoreans, Cave trolls(no rare but common)...
3x carn dum warband of 2c. with hornblower
Carn dum warband 4c. with captain
Layout: 8'x8' Some hills at the north east and a river at the west 2' far from the edge...
Starting positions: The main evil force is deployed at the northeast corner but not further than 2' from it.
The carn dum warbands with hornblwoers are deployed: one in the north edge's center, one in the east edge's canter and one in the southeast edge's corner...
The one with the captain is deployed at the south edge's center... The guardians are deployed at least 10" of the carn dum warbands. At least one formation must guard one warband...
Objectives: The good playermust kill all or the starting force or all the barbarians after they had freed...
The evil player must reduce it's enemy to 25% of its starting companies(round up)...
Special rules: Chained: The barbarians are chained... So they can't move or charge unless the evil player wipe out the fromations that guard them...
Outpost: At turn 8 the Outposters came from the west table edge, they may not charge at the turn they came but they can do anything other normally...

If you are playing this as a campaing and you lost at the previous game then Witch king and Tainted are winged nazgul... If the evil playerlose this game he would not be able to use barbarians in future games...

Last edited by Ultragreek on Wed May 25, 2011 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:28 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Ultragreek wrote:
Guys bad news.The whoel SBG part won't be releashed until barbarians are releashed. WOTR scenarios will be added later.

I've heard many accounts suggesting that the Carn-dum Barbarians should be represented by Dunlending models. Also, it's "release" not "releash"...

Elves: 1091pts
Mordor: 2305pts
Isengard: 1762pts
Moria: 1463pts
Evil Men: 381pts
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:51 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Yes but the SBG profiles? I would have used dunlendins anyway. Sorry for teh mistake :oops:

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:18 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Ultragreek wrote:
Yes but the SBG profiles? I would have used dunlendins anyway. Sorry for teh mistake :oops:

I think that Angmar and The Dwellers Below were allowed to Ally with Dunland specifically for this reason, as "Dunland" didn't exist when Angmar was in power. The Dunlendings lived around Isengard and all through Calenardhon.

As for the correction, I'm not trying to be rude. I just figure that everyone on the forums, yourself included, will benefit from proper grammar and spelling.

Elves: 1091pts
Mordor: 2305pts
Isengard: 1762pts
Moria: 1463pts
Evil Men: 381pts
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:44 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

It's okay, my lord. 8)

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:51 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Updated! Sbg part added. Hope you like it and pelase reply 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:24 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

as anybody seen the war in the north game ads? I really want to do smething like that in terms of scenery for wotr. Do you know where to get snow for an arnor/northern/angmar setting?