All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:27 pm

Post subject: I know you all will be jolly dissapointed...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:04 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Location: Hear the sinister whisper of steel on leather? The quiet footsteps? You've found me.
Some of you may have noticed my increasing lack of activity the last few weeks, usually I visit in little spurts of two or three days and then leave for several.

Life has been an absolute killer lately. People always say it's school when dealing with stress, in my case it's that and a lot more. I've been enduring some extreme personal stress due to a killer schedule, difficulty sleeping and personal problems. On top of all this I have a massive commission that I have less than a month to finish, and I have no idea how I'll get it done in time.

I've decided to take a break from the site, and really the internet in general. It's taking up most of my free time these days and I need it for other things, namely commissions and family.

First off let me say it's been a blast on here. Of the dozens of forums I've visited, this is one of very few I have bookmarked and actually post on. I'd like to thank the moderators and really all the members for making it such a friendly atmosphere, and for reigning me in when I stepped out of line ;)

And I'd like to thank several members in specific. The mod team, for being patient with me. I still cringe at a few posts I've made. Dagorlad, for keeping the site together, and for not banning me back in my early reign of terror (I would've deserved it!). Dorth, for adding that awesome element of crazyness. Pinky, always with a good joke. And teaching the community the art of beer making, I found that exciting being rather young. Longbottom Leaf, also currently absent, for his well-thought out posts and good humor. Ranger of Gondor, for making me break three computers in laughing fits after reading some of his posts. Eorltheyoung, for his friendly greetings, really pipped me up on those days I was feeling down. And really the community as a whole, everyone on here that I've talked to. You know who you are, and thanks for tolerating me!

I have no idea when this schedule of mine will change, but probably not anytime in the foreseeable future. I'll try and check the forums every once and a while, and if anyone wants to keep in contact I'm on Facebook. Just look for Josh Lyons, my avatar is a blue river/sky.

Until my return,
later dudes

Cheers,
-Josh

Post subject: Re: I know you all will be jolly dissapointed...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:44 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Location: On some battle field with 6,000 riders behind me yelling....DEATH!!!
Well if you must leave for a little while, you must no changing that. Your welcome Anduril anytime man. Oh I always meant to tell you this but I LOVE YOUR SIG! And here's a couple smilies for you. :puppy: :kitten: :flower: If I have ever said anything mean, I'm sorry. If I have maybe this will make you feel better. :Smackdown: I will miss though! :sad: :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:40 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

:( I am sad to see you go, as my motto is the more the merrier. And you were definitely a quality member of this board. I hope you can get back up and keep pushing on. Real life and education comes first, hobby second. Thanks for being another great and freindly member, I hope you will someday prove that 'they always come back'. :)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:49 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

ABoK said:
Quote:
Dorth, for adding that awesome element of crazyness

Thanks - craziness comes free and easy to me, not even requiring the assistance of alcohol or other chemical concoctions. I too have been around less than normal but that has been down to holidays and work. I would post some intesting pics BUT Imageshack and PhotoBucket are not playing nice at present so I will work on sorting those out.

But as Moggy says, they always come back.... :yay:

Phantom Ships, Ghost Flotilla
More to come!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:02 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I hope you can sort things out and eventualy return to the site sometime next year. Real life always comes first. Until then au revoir.

Cal

Backlog Reduction Oath Participant - 6/53
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:51 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I'm sorry to see anyone leave but I understand your reasons. I'm wondering though if your ID may change to Shards of Narsil or The blade that was broken, or somethinglike that or your return ?

mallysminiatures.blogspot.co.uk
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:48 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Well Josh, it's been an interesting ride so far. A bit bumpy at the start, but you've been a great member overall and a pleasure to have on the site. I really wish you well and hope that your difficulties can be overcome soon. Actually, I am sure you will manage to overcome them - you're doing the right thing by facing them and devoting your time to resolving them, so "good on ya mate" as we say here in Oz. And we'll hopefully see you back again when you get some breathing space.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:48 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Yay :D I got a mention.
Thanks Josh, it's been a pleasure keeping you entertained :P
All the best mate, I'm sure things will work out fine.
Make sure you keep those crazy facebook updates coming, they're classics :yay:
Andrew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:14 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I feel left out. :sad:

Not that it matters- I too seem to be continually absent from OR, and I know what it's like to have life pile up on you and squeeze out all the fun bits. I think that Mig's beloved "They always come back" has a lot to do with the well known "Absence makes the heart grow fonder". I hope that eventually all your many problems can be put aside for good and you'll e able to return to OR. Until that day, good luck Josh.
You'll be missed.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:41 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I see you've come and joined the dark side with me, Josh. :wink:

Still, it's easy enough to stop by and say hi to everyone like I am just now. Talk to you sometime on facebook soon man! :)

Bilbo
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:31 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Location: Hear the sinister whisper of steel on leather? The quiet footsteps? You've found me.
Yo everyone! Dang it feels like so much longer than a month.

Glad to hear a few people miss me ;)

I would thank you all individually but I've really got one thing to say and that's cheers ta ya. It really does feel great to read this thread, I was feeling pretty crappy this evening.

Still in the hobby somewhat (I try to put in an hour or so on weekends) so maybe I'll post a few pics sometime soon. I'm feeling a bit rusty so I'll need criticism!

By the way...in case someone can't locate me on facebook...I'm now the dude with the frog hat.

-Josh