All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:30 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 23  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:39 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

the lay-out pictures look good(far better than mine)
but deployment zone are a bit dark indeed (so i would suggest to use white characters as writingstyle)

hang with all the deseases flying everywhere, wish you all the best health!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:18 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

hi guys, how are you? It's a little quiet here so I thought, I say something XD I was very busy again, sorry.. haven't worked much on articles anymore.. :( but the busy days are now over, so I'll have more time (:
-hooray-^^

greets, Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:55 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I haven't done much work but I will do more soon.
It's just that it's quite busy at school and I'm still ill. :-X (now I remember why I don't like the winter that much)

@ Barukhazad what do you mean with counters in the armoury scenario because I would like to make a map but I don't understand what you mean.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:21 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

[quote="aqan"]I haven't done much work but I will do more soon.
It's just that it's quite busy at school and I'm still ill. :-X (now I remember why I don't like the winter that much)quote]
still ill? wow.. how long are you allready sick? :o
I think very long.. :s
get well soon, take care (:

Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:04 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

@ aqan, you dont need to include counters in the lay-out picture because they're always on a different place. anyway: what are counters? something like coins you need to collect like described in the special rules.
(by the way, good luck with your desease)

@note to myself, i still need to edit and upload the scenario's on dropbox. (someone please let me remember it)

anyway with another testweek coming next week i have to study hard
but before that i've finished this(for campaign 1):

Scenario 1;Prologue: The awakening of the Balrog
Khazad-dum, the kingdom of mining and forging of metal. The miners and smiths are famous in whole Middle-Earth. But to keep up with the great expectations of their buyers they need to find more metal. The dwarves begin to dig for Mithril, the most precious metal in the whole world. When the dwarves dig deeper and deeper they make one mistake: they don’t know what’s beyond the surface. A group of brave miners encounter something mysterious on their working day. Something with shadow and flames. They encounter the great Balrog of Morgoth!

Historical participants
Good :
1 Dwarf Mining Leader
8 Dwarf Miners

Neutral:
Balrog

Evil:
2 Goblin captains
3 Goblins with shield
3 Goblins with bow
3 Goblins with spear

Lay-out & starting positions

This game is played in the deep mines of the dwarves on a 112cm by 112cm board. Some rocks and mining structures (see the article of Longbottom Leaf) are placed on the board.
The good side deploys in the east and the Evil side deploys in the west. The neutral force(The Balrog) starts in centre of the board.

Objectives:
The good side wins if the evil force is completely whipped out.
The evil side wins if the good force is whipped out. (note that the neutral force can’t win this scenario)

Special rules
The awakening of the Balrog: The awaking Balrog is awakened in rage and sees no difference between good or evil. To represent this the player with priority moves and attacks with the balrog.

Point match:
The good side selects 125 points form the Khazad-dum list.
The evil side selects 125 points from the Moria list.
For an alternative neutral side selects any monster. For example this could be a dragon or a spider queen. Feel encouraged to try some different creatures as neutral force.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:49 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

very cool scenario but I think the balrog is a much to strong in this kind of scenarios so, I should give the balrog a weakened profile cause he is just awake and not on the highest level of his power(you don't want to see people who are just awake in a fight).
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:07 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I'm sorry but I don't like this scenario .

There are a couple of points that seem odd to me.

-Goblins? they only invaded moria after the balrogs awakening.:no:

-the dwarfs know they don't stand a chance so why don't let them try to escape or let them hold their ground for a couple of turns to give a messenger a chance.

-I always immagined the balrogs awakening as something that happend in a deep pit (smaller than the board) with a lot of lava.

Good luck with the test week 8) (same here) :(
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:25 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

-i could weaken the balrog to represent he's just awaking
-what kind of force should the dwarves fight?
-i'm not sure if they know they don't stand a chance. i mean, later on the dwarves start a war against the balrog.
-the lava-part could simple be added in the lay-out
any other suggestions?
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:40 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hello, sorry I haven't been around for a while with school and whatnot (I'll be done in 3 weeks :D).
I like the idea of the good/bad/neutral monster scenario but, as pointed out, Goblins would be unable to take part in the fight.
I had an idea that maybe rocks have fallen from the cavern ceiling and blocked the passage (count as a heavy door or the like: D8, W6) way so the dwarf miners have to break it down and get out with as many as they can. The miners would start in the middle of the board with the Balrog on one side and the blocked passage way on the other side.
The miners would have to hold the Balrog back and frantically break the through the rock. The Balrog would be faster than the Dwarves so they will have to engage it in combat to pin it down.
Depending on how small you make the board and how 'tough' you make the rock, you could add or take away a couple ablative wounds (eg Dwarf warriors or more miners).

Hopefully this can give you an idea on how to change the scenario a bit.
Cheers (oh, I'm sick too :shock: ),
Radagastbird
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:05 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Radagastbird wrote:
Hello, sorry I haven't been around for a while with school and whatnot (I'll be done in 3 weeks :D).
I like the idea of the good/bad/neutral monster scenario but, as pointed out, Goblins would be unable to take part in the fight.
I had an idea that maybe rocks have fallen from the cavern ceiling and blocked the passage (count as a heavy door or the like: D8, W6) way so the dwarf miners have to break it down and get out with as many as they can. The miners would start in the middle of the board with the Balrog on one side and the blocked passage way on the other side.
The miners would have to hold the Balrog back and frantically break the through the rock. The Balrog would be faster than the Dwarves so they will have to engage it in combat to pin it down.
Depending on how small you make the board and how 'tough' you make the rock, you could add or take away a couple ablative wounds (eg Dwarf warriors or more miners).

Hopefully this can give you an idea on how to change the scenario a bit.
Cheers (oh, I'm sick too :shock: ),
Radagastbird

I like that idea, how 'bout the rest of you?
and I came back home when school was half done, I was sick.. xD so you're not the only one xD
but also good news, I bought some KoMT, started painting them, and I'm now painting the mining cart further^^ almost done, then back to the article :D
(the reason that I haven't done much lately.. well.. problems.. with a girl.. and I like her and stuff.. but she 'ignores' me.. the usuall [stuff].. :( )
there.. I said it.. I really hate everything now.. life goes on right? ah, I'd better shut up now xD sorry guys xD

cya around,
Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:11 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

good ideas radagastbird

maybe i could do the neutral-force-thingy as the second senario (with a few changes)
cause by the awakening of the balrog evil was attracted to moria, what do you say?

anyway, what would you think is a good defense for the rock and what is a good amount of miners(to take down the rock and fight a weakend/awaking balrog)

@eaothen, i hope you feel slighty better now with your desease(just like everyone else with some kind of flu or other illness)
i dont know the girl, but im sure she doesnt mean to be harsh/rude or something and there's absolutly no reason to hate everything(we all have our moments when we feel sad, angry and all the other emotions, just dont let them tear you down^^)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

BaruKhazad wrote:
good ideas radagastbird

maybe i could do the neutral-force-thingy as the second senario (with a few changes)
cause by the awakening of the balrog evil was attracted to moria, what do you say?

anyway, what would you think is a good defense for the rock and what is a good amount of miners(to take down the rock and fight a weakend/awaking balrog)

@eaothen, i hope you feel slighty better now with your desease(just like everyone else with some kind of flu or other illness)
i dont know the girl, but im sure she doesnt mean to be harsh/rude or something and there's absolutly no reason to hate everything(we all have our moments when we feel sad, angry and all the other emotions, just dont let them tear you down^^)

yeah, I'm better, thx, but I think that already happened :(
it's not that it's the first time you see, it happens all the time, that's anoying.. well.. don't give up right? (:
we'll see how things turn out.. still it hurts alot..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:49 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

maybe I better shut up about the girl, we were working on a fan made book, we're not here to talk about my problems right? (:

sorry guys, but thx, it feels good to talk about it, makes me less depressive (:
thx fellows, you guys really give me strength and hope.. (:
thank god there are still good persons ;)

cya later,
Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:14 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Sorry Joern, it happens :(

But yeah, I don't think the Balrog needs to be weakened as the Dwarves will always be wounded on a 3+ (almost) they won't be able to win a fight or even wound the Balrog so it is more of a 'feed-a-dwarf-a-turn' kind of a thing. So it wouldn't matter how many Dwarves you had as you wouldn't be fighting the demon. Let me try *grabs dice and starts rolling* Well, these guys are awesome stone-smashers (as they should be). The mining leader needs to roll a 4+ to wound a D8 structure while the miners themselves roll a 5+, making the mining leader vital. I played a short game on a small map and this is what I concluded:

-How many models can touch the rocks (eg. is it flat or 'sticking out') and how far the miners have to run to get to the rocks changes everything. I had 3-4 miners on the rocks with the mining leader (the rest acting as meat shields) and I averaged about a wound per turn, giving me a total of 5 wounds in 8 turns (they started dying...)

So I think that a W6 D8 rock pile that allows 4 people to hack at it with 6 miners, mining leader, four 'guards' (dwarves with shields) on a board roughly 60 cm/2 feet by 30+cm/1+ foot (width doesn't really matter). So I played a game (Balrog proxyed by a mordor troll base) and:
Good started (by default) and I managed to wound the rock 9 times in 8 turns, surviving with 3 miners and the mining leader. So I would have escaped with 5 miners and the mining leader, less than half.
The winning conditions could be:
Major Evil Victoy/Major Good Victory - Less than half of the Dwarves exit the board.
Tie/Stalemate - The dwarf mining leader is killed (this can be left out as we have and odd number of models)
Evil Defeat/Good Victory - More than half the Dwarves exit the board.

I hope this will help make the scenario better. 8)

As for the dwarves-neutral-evil battle, what if that was part of the final battle where the dwarf king's son is killed as that would be the only time I could see the goblins coming into Moria (they only came later).

Cheers,
Radagast
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:57 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

well I like that idea Radagastbird (:
but what about the rest? (:

Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:54 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

You get my vote for the scenario with the rock. 8)

I'll work on the maps during the holiday.
let's hope we don't all get ill just in time for christmas.

@ barukhazad don't forget to upload the scenarios. :no: :-D

@ eaothen sorry to hear that :( , try to keep looking at the bright side even if it's hard. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:53 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

aqan wrote:
You get my vote for the scenario with the rock. 8)

I'll work on the maps during the holiday.
let's hope we don't all get ill just in time for christmas.

@ barukhazad don't forget to upload the scenarios. :no: :-D

@ eaothen sorry to hear that :( , try to keep looking at the bright side even if it's hard. :)

my vote aswell ;)
and yeah, I'm ok (:
and just as you said, don't get ill people ;p

Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:02 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

i like the rock idea, but who's going to make it?:O

yes aqan, i still need to upload the scenario's
i'll edit them and stuff when i've some free time (around christmas) so then you'll see the scenario's uploaded on dropbox
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:40 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

hi guys, I'm almost done with painting the mine cart, but now I've got exams so that slow me a little down, thanks to the weekend I've got some free time ^^

I'll let you know when I'm finished, will be somewhere nextweek (Tueseday my exams are over :D)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:27 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

ok exams are over :D
but.. i accedently deleted all my files in 'my documents' including the article of the mining cart >.< but I still have the pictures, I'll just have to remake the article.. or does anyone know how I could put everything back please? the rest wasn't so important, but is still pretty anoying >.<

Jorn.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 23  Next