All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:27 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:24 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

@Baru...that's a good idea.

@ everyone - I uploaded the mostly laid out "Seven Houses" article into the dropbox a few minutes ago. It is not perfect. There are placeholder pictures and placeholder special rules and I haven't checked all the accents and so on on the dwarven names.

I'll do that tomorrow or (more likely) Sunday. Be away tomorrow night and Saturday.

Next up, I want to re-lay-out Jorn's article.

Then go paint my battle company. heh
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:23 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

@ aelfwine, where do you get those pictures from?:O it looks good^^

@ everyone, here's the last scenario of campaign3
but now, the most difficult part, how to link them into campaign? of course it could be like: the winner of the previous scenario gets 50points in the next match, but i think that isnt very challenging. so i was something about hero's and a way to regain their might/will/fate and wounds. any suggestions?:O

anyway, here's the last scenario:
Scenario 10: The last stand of the dwarves

Suffering from the great losses from the fights with the goblins, the dwarves pulled back to their last hide-out. They are now trapped in the Chamber of Mazarbul. While the dwarves have shut and locked every door in the chamber the goblins are slamming through the wooden doors. Knives, bones and metal tear the doors apart. But the dwarves can hold them back. Then, suddenly, they start to hear it: The Drums in the Deep.

Participants

Good
Ori with heavy armour (The good player may choose if Ori carries the book of Mazarbul or not)
Dwarf captain
Dwarf captain with shield
4 Dwarf warriors with shield
4 Dwarf warriors with 2-handed axe
4 Dwarf warriors with bow
2 Khazad-guard

Evil
2 Goblin captains
8 Goblins with spear
8 Goblins with bow
8 Goblins with shield
1 Cave troll

Layout & deployment
This battle takes place at a 42cm by 42cm board with in the middle of it Balin’s tomb.
In the north is a doorway with a diameter of 12cm.The good side deploys within 14cm of Balin’s tomb.
The Evil side doesn’t deploy yet.

Objectives
Evil wins if 50% of the good side is slain at the end of the game (see special rules).
In any other situation the good side wins.

Special rules:
Drums in the Deep:
The armies of the goblins are marching out to fight the resisting dwarves. To represent this, the following rule applies: At the end of each evil movement phase the evil player may take 5 goblins (not currently on the board) and place them by the doorway/gate (this includes casualties). Therefore the evil models automatically pass courage test for being broken.
From turn 4(or later) the cave troll may move onto the board (same way as the goblins).
The goblin captains and the cave troll may not return to the board if they're slain. The normal goblins may return to the board like described above.

The end:
In reality the situation for the dwarves is hopeless but not in this scenario. After the fifteenth turn the player with priority have to roll a dice. On a roll of 4+ the game ends. This repeats every turn (until of course the games has end)

Point match:
The good player selects 350 points from the Moria expedition list. This army must include at least 2 heroes.
The evil player selects 300 points from the Moria and Dwellers below list. This army must include at least 1 hero and 1 Cave troll.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:04 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

yay! vacation! :D finally! now I've got time to build further :D but that will be for tomorrow evening or sunday, then I'll start again :D and I've also got my school result^^ I've past everything except math.. 45/100.. oh wel.. it's better then last year xD

Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:54 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

The minis pictures are from a German mithril miniature collector and diorama builder (I asked, he generously gave me permission). The Dwarf photos are stills from the movies used in the Decipher card game. I figured they would be a useful resource.

I suspect what might be best is that when everyone has completed something they want laid out, just pm me and put the file in the drop box and I'll lay the thing out using my Open Office LOTR template of fun and profit (or pure frustration, whichever) and I'll make sure all the names are spelled right and have their accents in the right place (this is the perfectionist in me speaking).

I also found some interesting dwarf images on deviant art. I plan to contact the creator and ask for his permission to use some of the pictures for this project.

Gavin
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:36 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

@Barukhazad, a 1/3 or your army as slow as hobbits will definately slow them down but it might be slightly overdone. I would say either only Oin moves 4' OR its a 6+ when you are rolling to see who is tired (and moves 4') . Either way would balance out nicely, I think; great work on this last scenario. I can see it being very popular with people who bought the Mines of Moria set and intend to start a Dwarven Army, very nice.

Rad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:43 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

@ eaothen congratulations with your marks. 8)

@ Barukhazad nice scenario.
As always no comments on gaming from me but I've bought some bgime mags and they have a nice moria campaign with some rules for linked scenarios.
I'll post them later.

Now I'm already ill for five weeks but I keep going to school so I'm very tired,everything hurts and I can barely think. :-X :x
this will mean that I won't do much lotr related for the next week(s)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:18 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

aqan wrote:
@ eaothen congratulations with your marks. 8)

@ Barukhazad nice scenario.
As always no comments on gaming from me but I've bought some bgime mags and they have a nice moria campaign with some rules for linked scenarios.
I'll post them later.

Now I'm already ill for five weeks but I keep going to school so I'm very tired,everything hurts and I can barely think. :-X :x
this will mean that I won't do much lotr related for the next week(s)

well thank you (:
but 5 weeks? :s isn't that a little long? :o what's wrong? or haven't you go to the doctor yet? :s
btw guys, I'm working on the articles, but maybe I wouldn't say much for the next days, something's wrong with the internet, to slow etc. so if you guys don't see me for the next days, blame internet! xD
see you later guys, take care, specially you Aqan!

cya,
Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:19 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

@ anduril, ah the mithril figure range. i should look up some of them for pictures for the profiles/rules
@radagastbird, i think i'd go for a 6+ then.
@aqan, i hope you get better soon. what kind of desease do you have? campaign rules would be fine^^ after i've the campaign rules i put all the scenario,rules and campaign info in 1article and upload it for review
@eaothen, shame your internet is slow but take your time with uploading^^
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:47 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

hey guys, I've got good but also bad news
the good news is my internet is back ^^
the bad news... I'm pretty sick :( so I didn't worked on the articles for the last days :(
I'm a little better but I still feel very bad :( and of course when I've got vacation >.< so sorry guys :( I hope I'm better before school starts again so I could still work on it, but I can't promise anything :(
I'm sorry :(

Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:06 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I've been to the doctor on monday and now I must stay a week at home(got a voorhoofdsholte ontsteking (don't know the english name)
I'm a bit less tired now so I can do a few lotr related things (I sleep 12-15 hours a day) :shock:
wich means that I have a lot of free time.

@ eaothen are you feeling any better or still the same.
it's always irritating when you get ill in a holiday. :-X
I hope you get better soon.

@ barukhazad I've found the rules.
Here they are:

Death of a hero

when a hero dies in battle you need to roll a die after the game

1 he dies
2-5 may return in the next battle but without faith
6 restores completly

If....... dies good/evil wins the campaign (don't think this is an good rule here)

The side that wins the most battles wins the campaign.
Or the side that wins the last scenario wins the campaign.

exhausted every hero that fought in the last scenario gets a -1 might penalty (to a minimum of 0)

I've got a few ideas for bulding the balrog's lair((for the balrog awakening scenario)
but I can't start with that until christmas
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:08 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

well Aqan I'm a little better, I think I'll be 'fixed' tomorrow xD
we'll see... and yes, very irritating when it's vacation..:(
well, hope to see you guys again very soon, but for now, cya. (:

Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:04 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

good stuff aqan. ill work on the campaign rules this week

i hope you two get better soon! hopefully it isnt a worse desease (mexican flu or something else)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:06 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

no don't worry BaruKhazad, no that bad :p the doctor was here sunday, just a flu, and stay in bed, but I feel much better today, I'll work a little further, but it won't be finished today.. :( sorry :(
well, back to work now (:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:08 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

oh, you were talking to Aqan, sorry :s now I feel stupid xD
oh well, I hope Aqan will get better soon (:

cya xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:26 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Everybody's getting sick :shock:

Just kidding, hope you two get better soon,

I will still have school for another month so I won't be able to do much, xcept some more proofreading but that will only work if you PM because I can't get Drop-Box to work ( :-X ).

Good luck with the campaign rules Barukhazad 8)

And generally, keep up the getting better/work

Rad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:26 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Radagastbird wrote:
Everybody's getting sick :shock:

Just kidding, hope you two get better soon,

I will still have school for another month so I won't be able to do much, xcept some more proofreading but that will only work if you PM because I can't get Drop-Box to work ( :-X ).

Good luck with the campaign rules Barukhazad 8)

And generally, keep up the getting better/work

Rad

yeah, lots of people are sick.. atleast, most of my friends...
and about the rest you said, same here.. ;)
but I'm of to bed now, night everyone

Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:09 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

in fact, i was talking to both of you eaothen. i wished you both good luck with your disease^^

here are the campagin rules. let me know what you think about it
Playing the campaign

Now we’ve all these scenarios and some of you might wonder if there’s a chance playing them in a campaign. And of course we thought about it!
There’re two ways of playing this campaign, an easy way and a more difficult way.

The easy way:
The player who wins the game gets 10% extra points as starting force. You can find the total points by each scenario as “Point match”. For example the starter force is 200 points, you can field 20points extra if you’ve won the previous scenario. You may spend these points on everything you want (from the LOME-lists) expect named heroes.

The difficult way:

This way of playing the campaign is much harder for the Good force, because when a named hero dies there’s a chance he won’t return in the following scenario!

Death of heroes:
Whenever a hero dies in a game the (controlling) players need to roll a D6-dice at the end of the game. Might can be used to modify this roll.
On a 1 Roll: The hero dies end will not return in any of the following scenarios
On a 2-5 Roll: The hero returns but without Fate
On a 6 Roll: The hero is fully recovered from his wounds and returns and regains his Fate

Recovering:
For this rule it is important to keep track of the Might, Fate and Will your heroes spend. At the end of each game the heroes have a chance to recover their Might, Fate and Will. For each Might, Fate and Will (which is spend during the game) the controlling player need to roll a dice. On a 5+ the Might, Fate or Will is recovered. (Death heroes can’t use this rule.)

Here’s the list of the heroes which may take tests:
Scenario 2: Balin
Scenario 3: Balin, Oin and Ori
Scenario 4: Balin, Oin, Ori, Frár, Lóni and Náli
Scenario 5: Oin
Scenario 6: Oin, Ori, Frar, Loni and Nali
Scenario 7: Oin and Ori
Scenario 8: Oin and Ori

Winning the Campaign:
The Player which has won the most scenarios wins the campaign. If this is a draw, the player who’ve won the last scenario wins.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:06 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

@ eaothen I hope you are feeling better now

I'm still ill but it's getting a bit better.
I've just finished the second map.
here is how it looks in the scenario.

btw it seems that we are using different fonts for the text. :?
this looks quite odd imo but I don't know if anyone else has a problem with it.
to me times new roman size 12 with the headlines (is that the correct word well you know wat I mean)size 24 looks good.

Edit:

and here's the next map :)
Hope you like it.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:46 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

i think the zone's are a bit to dark, you can hardly see any terrain in them. other then that, Nice work! :yay: :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:57 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I'm back! :D the problem now is that tomorrow will be study day cause the day after school's back >.< at this tempo I'll never finish my article :(
too bad :( I'll do what I can after I'm done with homework, I just need to do the painting article and I'm done, but that'll be problems for tomorrow.. stupid flu.. :-X
huuh.. well, cya guys.. take care ;)

Jorn.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next