All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:20 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 23  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:20 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

@Aqan, ok, I'll send them to you once I'm completely finished (:
now back to home work.. :(

Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:30 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Quote:
Aqan: I don't think there will be a problem as long as we put the usual This is a non profit blalba bla speech in the book

and one of thesedisclaimers
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:52 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

of course we need to put in the supplement something: this is fan-made, no copyright-stuff intended, etc etc

it doesnt matter for me which background we take
but what i meant about the lay-out was the way it was written(the type of characters etc)

@eaothen, good luck with the guides^^
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:59 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Excellent, excellent.

@ aqan could you PM me? I will give you my email address, so you can send me the background.

Then I'll reupload the PDF with the background included.

Next thing: put the word out, and get people's photos of their painted dwarf miniatures. The more pictures, the better.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:17 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

The maps will take a bit longer because everytime I open Photopaint (something like photoshop) it crashes) :(
I'll fix it but it might take some time and a lot of homework won't help either. :sad:

@ aelfwine I've send the pm
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:22 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Have you tried using GIMP to open your maps?
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:03 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

i've finished another scenario:
Scenario 8: The Royal Halls.
After their major loss at the Bridge of Khazad-dum the dwarves have retreated to the Royal-Halls. Here stands the Throne of Durin in all his glory. But there’s no time adore such a thing because the goblins are coming again and are breaking through the doors. Will this be their last stand, or will they manage to find a way out and call for help?

Historical participants:
Good:
Óin with heavy armor
Ori with heavy armor and The book of Mazarbul
1 Dwarf captain
8 Dwarf warriors with shield
8 Dwarf warriors with bow
8 Dwarf warriors with two-handed weapon
2 Khazâd Guards

Evil:
2 Goblin captains
1 Goblin shaman
1 Cave Troll with troll-chain
2 Giant spiders
1 Bat swarm
11 Goblins with shields
11 Goblins with bow
11 Goblins with spear

Lay-out & Deployment:
This battle takes place on the usual 112cm by 112cm board. The Throne of Durin is placed on the left side (see the terrain guide for details).
The Good force starts at the left edge, and the Evil force at the right edge.
Objectives:
Both sides have to reduce the force of the enemy to 25%. If both sides accomplish this objective in the same turn, it is a draw.

Special rules:
We stand alone: The dwarves realize they are left on their own with no chance to escape. To represent this, all dwarves get -1C.

Durin's Throne: Luckily the Thrown of Durin brings hope. If the dwarves are within 20cm of Durin's Throne (the actual throne) they count as in the range of a banner.

Point match:
The Good force selects 450 points from the Moria expedition list
The Evil force selects 450 points from the Moria and Dwellers below list.

Last edited by BaruKhazad on Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:11 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Awesome scenario. Next time I have a chance I should give it a whirl.

I spent the afternoon trying to perfect the Open Office template document for this. It's mostly working now, but two issues remain. But the background is present and correct and very happy :)

Gavin
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:16 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

i've made this scenario a long time ago(while the onekoolness and i were making the scenario's. so with a bit editing: here it is)

Scenario 9: Treacherous water
The dwarves are desperate to find a way out. They send out Óin out with a few dwarves to find the hidden West-gate of Moria. As surprise, this gate doesn’t seem to be guarded. A great joy enlightens the hearts of the dwarves. But suddenly the water is moving and is popping out giant tentacles!

Participants
Good
Óin with heavy armour
1 Dwarf captain
4 Dwarves with a two-handed weapon
4 Dwarves with a bow
4 Dwarves with a shield
2 Khazad Guard

Evil:
6 Tentacles (from the Watcher in the water)

Layout & Deployment:
It's a 84cm by 42 board. For the other details, see the map
Evil starts in the middle of the lake at the east edge (this is 28cm from the east side).
Good starts in the North-West of the lake.

Objectives
Good wins: 50% of the dwarfs make it through the gate, including Óin
Draw: Óin gets killed but 50% of the dwarfs made it through the gate
Evil wins: If Óin gets killed and 50% of the dwarfs don’t make it through the gate

Special rules
(i just copied this from the fellowship journeybook, maybe we could alter it a bit so we don’t get copyright issues, but anyway, I didn’t know what to do with it)

The Watcher in the Water:
The Watcher consist of two distinct parts, the main body, and the tentacles, but for the purposes of this scenario we only worry about the tentacles
the tentacles each have the following profile:
F S D A W C
6 1 6 1 - 8

The tentacles may move 14cm per tern and always ignore terrain. a tentacle may charge as if it were an independent model. If a tentacle win its combat it will not try and deal damage. Rather, it will envelope a single defeated model and instantly drag them 2D6cm in a direction nominated by the evil player. If there are multiply tentacles engaged in a single fight, the evil player may choose which tentacle envelops the loser. Represent which tentacle has enveloped which model by placing the enveloped model in its side in base-to-base contact with the tentacle.

In successive movement phases the evil player may drag the good model an additional 2D6cm. the enveloped model may not make any actions while enveloped. An enveloped model will only be freed if the tentacle is charged, or is wounded (see below). If an enveloped model is freed, the evil player places it on it's side within 2cm of its former captor.

Tentacles may be charged as normal. If a tentacle is charged while it is enveloping a model, that model is instantly released as discussed above. If a tentacle is wounded, the tentacle drops any enveloped model and is instantly moved 2D6cm away from the source of the attack.

Tentacles that have enveloped a model may targeted with shooting attacks without the enveloped model (or in fact any good model) being considered to be 'in the way'.
This is to represent the fact that the tentacles are actually flying above the ground.

Tentacles are never knocked down to the ground.

Enveloped models take D3 automatic strength 8 hits at the end of the fight phase, to represent the watcher attempting to crush them.

The pool:
Whenever a good model starts its movement in the pool (even by a heroic move or as part of a heroic combat), it must test to see whether or not it its hindered.

D6-score Result
1->the model loses their footing and falls down. The model is knocked to the ground and may not move this turn
2-5->the footing is unsteady. The model may move at half speed as if in difficult terrain
6->the model is unhindered by the water and may move at full rate this turn

Point match:
I’m sorry for the evil player but there are no alternative participants for you.
The Good player however can select 350 points from the Moria Expedition list.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:57 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

@ ealfwine no I do not use the gimp (once used it but I prefer photopaint)
It will just take some time.

@ Barukhazad great scenarios 8) but with number eight I personally would change the special rule about we stand alone because I would say you fight harder if you can't run.

It will take some time before I can do anything because school is taking a lot of time. :-X
(usual homework + test that I still have to do because I was ill and I'm still a bit ill) :roll:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:38 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

aqan, what kind of rule do you suggest for scenario8 as replacement for the we-stand-alone-rule?:O
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:09 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

sorry that I'm late, didn't have much time, and tomorrow maybe neither
:( I'll see, but now I haven't worked on the article anymore, I'm terribly sorry guys :( it will be one busy week and then I got one week free, so I'll do much then (: sorry to let you guys wait till then.. :(
I'll work some more on it in the vacation, so it doesn't matter xD

It'll become completed, just slowly.. :s
once more sorry guys :(

Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:11 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

btw, nice scenario BaruKhazad ;)
keep up ;)

Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:57 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I'm not great with rules and scenarios but I think you should give the goblins a bonus instead of a penalty for the dwarves.
Perhaps something like now that the moria army is assembled the goblins have a higher fight or courage value.
dunno if that's overpowered :oops:

@ eaothen don't worry none of us has a lot of time, just work on it when you want to.
there is no deadline.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:51 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

aqan wrote:
@ eaothen don't worry none of us has a lot of time, just work on it when you want to.
there is no deadline.

thank god xD ok thx ;) and good night for now ;)

cya,
Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:59 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

BaruKhazad wrote:
what kind of rule do you suggest for scenario8 as replacement for the we-stand-alone-rule?:O

maybe something like this:
for death and glory! though the dwarves are in a tight situation, ion/ori s encouragements will make them stand to the last man. the dwarf force cannot be broken as long as ion/ori is alive

just my thought though... :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:16 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

good idea^^

but i think the evil force should also have a bonus then
something like: the goblins feel they can win the final battle and make moria their home. so they get +1C
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:11 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

BaruKhazad wrote:
good idea^^

but i think the evil force should also have a bonus then
something like: the goblins feel they can win the final battle and make moria their home. so they get +1C

sound good, and fair IMO ;)
or just no bonus for both, that's idea number 2 ;p

Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:51 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Sorry I've been absent for a while, anyhow...

@Barukhazad, great scenarios and maps! :D , here are my two cents on them:

- Scenario 8, The Royal Halls: I believe the -1 Courage rule is fine; I have played many games and, though some more Dwarves will run, it won't affect them too much. Also, Ori with the book of Mazarbhul is a Courage megaphone and most of the Dwarves will stay well put.The banner is a good balance and it causes the players to stick to the positions of the historical battle.
You might want to add some more terrain, maybe two pillars leading up to the throne, representing the hallway? Just to change the flat surface...
I don't think the Goblins should have any advantage, the original rules where fine IMHO.

- Scenario 9, Watcher in the Water: Very flavorful fight, I'm sure the fight between a huge water monster and a company of hardy Dwarves will surely attract a lot of attention 8)
With the Tentacles moving more than the Dwarves, these cannot just run but I think this scenario had Hobbits in mind, right? could Oin be wounded and therefore only be able to move 10cm/4 '? I'm not sure but I believe that might even things out if you modeled it after the FotR scenario.

Overall, a very high quality write-up :D
Cheers,
Rad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:29 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

hm indeed
i got some idea for scenario9
for every dwarf you need to roll a dice before the games starts. if the roll is a 5+, the dwarf is exhausted from all the fights and can only move 10cm
what do you think?

should i let the rules for scenario8 the same or should i change them?

and for the terrain of scenario8: aqan's terrain guide includes some pillars and stuff, and i meant to use that as a bit of lay-out
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 23  Next