All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:39 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 23  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:59 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

thanks for helping found the errors (seems like most of it are typing errors)

hm hm, i've to think about the objectives

anyway a small list of the ideas of campaign1:
prologue/scenario1: miners vs goblins, and the player with priority moves the balrog to represent the balrog is awaking
scenario2: miners fleeing from the balrog. probably with some special rules of lava or something
scenario3: durin vs the balrog
scenario4: nain (durin's son) with some dwarves against the balrog
scenario5: the dwarves are being persued by goblins while fleeding from moria and the elfs of lotherien come to their aid. i think the dwarves have a wounded captain or something which they have to protect.

hm, this is a smaller campaign than the pervious one, but i cant come up with more scenario's (wihout the scenario's being the same)

if you got more ideas for campaign1 let me know it!

(by the way, im starting with writing scenario8 of campaign1 today)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:19 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

nice scenarios BaruKhazad :D and yes, I'm working on the article now and when I'm ready I'll take pics how to convert the miners, but sorry if the pics are blury :( bad pixel camera I gues.. :(

btw, I've got a great idea for a conversion on euhm.. ah, forgot his name... :oops: the guy with the book xD I have a sweet idea and will convert him and write an article on him, you just need a certain dwarf warrior with bow (will be seeing in the article) :D it's just an idea, don't now how you are converting him, but I'm doing it that way xD
but all that work will be for this weekend, now exams are over but we still have way to much homework IMO, curse the school! :-X

xp greetings,
Jorn. :rofl:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:37 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

well, just the painting guide and the pics of the conversion for the dwarfs and I'm ready with this article xD it'll be..
5 to 6 pages I guess, the pics are standing a little weird, but you guys better make that right, cause if I have to do it... I don't wanna think about it what'll happen xD

ps, I'll have another article standing ready xD but I'll need more materials first, wich I'll get this saturday, and I thougth I have vacation next week but now it seems it will be the week after, so over 2 weeks :( but that'll be a full free week so I've got much time then, but, is there a deadline when this book has to be finished? cause with all the tests and exams for school last weeks I couldn't get much free time and I've got some good ideas for articles (4) xD 2 terrain and 2 conversions, so, if there isn't a time limmit and you guys are willing to wait another week before I can really start I'd be happy :D
please let me know,
thank you,

Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:27 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Well, the history of the Dwarven people is finished. Finding spelling errors and so forth was entertaining. I am now trying to figure out how best to use Jorn's materials.

Should have a few hours this afternoon to attack these issues. I also want to finish a short overview of the dwarven houses. I am not entirely sure how this should work: maybe include a special rule or character for each house? Not entirely sure.

Also: we should "borrow" some images from the Lord of the Rings Trading Card Game:
http://www.tradecardsonline.com/im/sele ... id/1/goal/
Check the search thing and select "dwarf" in race/class or "dwarven" in culture. There's some odd image-gems there.

Gavin
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:02 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

nice find Gavin :yay:
and good luck on the history, putting all together.. (:
I'm sure you'll do a great job ;)

Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:25 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

We shall see Jorn. :p

Fix your avatar while you are at it.

Which brings us to the next question: art and illustration. We know we have some pictures. We probably need more. Pictures of painted Dwarves, painting guides, sketches, anything. I suggest people ask nicely for other One Ring users to share their gallery images.

finally: who is good with photoshop?
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:56 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

And hello again everyone.

Here is my work, uploaded into a PDF file for the sake of...something or other.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gmp8sp

This is a beta version. The next version will include Jorn's work. The final version will hopefully include pictures and so on. (Assuming I don't merely become a drooling mess!)

And now, I need to get back to real work for a while.

Gavin

PS: I've also asked someone for help with the cover layout. Let's see if we get something nice from it.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:40 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

ah nice one Gavin :D good work ;)
and about the pics, I could make some but then it's really low graphic xD stupid pixels! ö
anyways, good luck with everything, I'm going to the local game store now for some materials and then I can move on with the article^^ :-D

Jorn.
ps: what did you mean with ''Fix your avatar while you are at it.''
I know it's to big but I don't get it xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:51 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

congratulations aelfwine!
it really looks so nice! i hope the rest of the supplement will look that nice too (the lay-out and stuff)
i havent been able to read to it all but what i've read: wow

eaothen, what conversions and guides are you planning to do?:O

i really like the lay-out of aelfwine, whay do you guys say if you use the lay-out for the rest of the supplement?
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:45 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Oh, just make the Avatar smaller so we can all see it :D

Anyway, thank you for the kind words everyone. Later I'll attempt to integrate Jorn's work into the file, and reupload the PDF. Maybe write out my "introduction to the Seven Houses" properly.

Right, off to make tea.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:10 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

well, I'm planning to make Ori article and I've got a good idea for a goblin drum and men, and of course the miners :D and using Gavin's lay-out is ok with me ;)

Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:29 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

@ Barukhazad Love the scenario's

@ Eaothen great to hear your conversion article is going well.
you can change the size with photobucket.
Now get back to your homework :no: :P

@ Aelfwine nice history but isn't it a bit erm.... long. :shock: :-D

Personally I prefer the GW background because of the runes.

I'll make the rest of the maps this weekend.

About further images, perhaps whe can use a couple of alan lee's
this site http://fan.theonering.net/middleearthtours/lee.html says that it's allowed to use the pictures under the fair use clause of copyright law.

And how many pages are we roughly aiming for for this supplement.
(right now we easily reach 100) :D
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:51 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

It's a long story. :p

Shove enough photos in it and people will use it or not depending on their preference.

The (far shorter) "Seven Houses of the Khazad" bit will be presented first. One of those things I had to do backwards.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:23 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Looks great Aelfwine though I do agree with Aqan on the choice of background (though I have to say your formatting is quite splendid 8) )

@Aqan, great to have pictures we can use without FBI after us :rofl:
great find :D

Length: Not too long (hopefully) as it is a pain to scroll through a PDF file just to get to 1 page. can we put in-page links to material and back-to-top links? That would be helpful...
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:55 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

yesterday I've finished the pictures of the conversions, a little dark, but I'll fix that (: I've made
1) Ori with the book (oh, he has a bow, since he got a quiver I thought I better give him the bow back, else he'll look stupid xD)
2) Goblin drum
3) miners xD
but I've got much homework for tommorow so I don't have much time today :( but I'll see what I can do when I'm done (:

Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:36 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Good job Eaothen,
Get yourself a break then back to work :P :D
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:15 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I can change the background (I think!) without too much trouble. I made a "Lord of the Rings" template for Open Office. I think, on top of everything else...I used the wrong template. I made two - one for roleplaying game stuff and one for the SBG.

Mostly, however, I was just making the thing look "complete" for my own amusement.

But the background and fonts are easily changeable. If anyone has an interesting background image, or suggestions as to where to find such a thing, I will change it. Failing that, I have a plan B.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:31 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

@ eaothen good tho hear about the pictures
(if they are to dark you can send them to me, most of the time I can make them brighter without loosing quality)
good luck with the homework (the same here)

@ Aelfwine I have the original gw one.
you can see how it looks 2 pages back.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:45 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

@aqan

Verrry nice.

I am a little uncomfortable using something direct from GW. Their official policy is that they don't mind people making fan-books so long as it doesn't look too official.

So perhaps a variant background? The runes on the bottom and some other element?

Though I can happily use your background for the time being.

In other news, I have finalised my to-do list for this project.

The Seven Houses of the Dwarves: a short guide to the seven houses. This comes before the History, and will use some of Jorn's work.
Appendix item: constructing a Dwarf battle company. Since I really should be painting something.
Minor Dwarf heroes: I am going to stat up some of the characters named by the Decipher card game. They name characters who attended the Council of Elrond in the movie, and GW based their Dwarf King miniatures on those self-same images

What I'd love to do, but won't have time for: "The Armies of the War of Orcs and Dwarves" for WOTR. Though perhaps I could bang together an army list for it.

Gavin
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:09 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I don't think there will be a problem as long as we put the usual This is a non profit blalba bla speech in the book
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 23  Next