All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:45 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:31 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

hehe, I'm finished with the history!!! :-D it took many hours but I've completed it!! :D :yay: aqan sent me his history and I filled it up with some pictures and some longer information (: oh I also included some information about the weapons and language etc. (: I'll send you the document (: and aqan, thx that you've made a begining (:

keep up all! :D
Jorn. (:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:20 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

well, I just downloaded 'Dropbox' never heard of it before but Aqan told me I should download it for the files etc. and BaruKhazad should send me an inventation for the history document so I could upload and we don't have to mail all the time? I dunno? but I needed to fill in my e-mailadres, and maybe you'll need it for this dropbox thinghy and for the document so here it is (:
jorn-jacobs59@hotmail.com
and I just read the 'how to use the public folder' file, oh man, they use a lot of dropbox in that folder! xD lol xD
anyways, I'll hear something of you guys ;)
..right? :p

cya (:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:27 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hello all, sorry for the delay, busy week(s) :)
I do not know why but I am unable to install Dropbox on my computer, it says the file is corrupted yet I made sure to download it completely :sad:

Oh well, because of that I can't proof-read the articles unless they're sent to me (Sorry Aqan for the paint guide)

@BaruKhazad, I loved your scenario. It has a very distinctive feel to it, I have yet to try it but it looks fairly balanced.

@Eothain, I sent you my e-mail address and I'll read through your history as soon as I can (PSAT coming up)

Looks like we're getting a lot done guys, lets keep it up :D
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:48 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Strange that dropbox doesn't works on your computer.
@ eaothen thanks a lot for changing the history file as it looked quite boring. 8)

And about splitting it into pieces first and second age stuff could be used as an introduction. balrog part as introduction for the first campaign.
the part about erebor thor smaug an war of the dwarves and goblins for the second campaig and the part about balin for the third.
then we can put fellowship moria part behind it and the parts about the runes and weapons in front of speccific scenario's (maybe the first scenario with the book and the one where they go to the armoury or in front of the army lists).

I've made some small changes in the history. (it was merry not frodo who helped gandal at the gate)
I'll send the paint guide and history immidiently.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:05 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

aqan wrote:
Strange that dropbox doesn't works on your computer.
@ eaothen thanks a lot for changing the history file as it looked quite boring. 8)

And about splitting it into pieces first and second age stuff could be used as an introduction. balrog part as introduction for the first campaign.
the part about erebor thor smaug an war of the dwarves and goblins for the second campaig and the part about balin for the third.
then we can put fellowship moria part behind it and the parts about the runes and weapons in front of speccific scenario's (maybe the first scenario with the book and the one where they go to the armoury or in front of the army lists).

I've made some small changes in the history. (it was merry not frodo who helped gandal at the gate)
I'll send the paint guide and history immidiently.

glad you like it (: and yes, do with it what you want, I just writed down I know and found :p and sorry if there were mistakes in it :oops: but is there something else I can do? I wanna do more :-D it was fun writing it (: but did you say you needed some information about Erebor aswell? I thought only Khazad-dûm.. let me know something, I know stuff about Erebor that might help (:

greets,
Jorn. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:20 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

what if...^^

I try to build something? (: like.. erm.. mine cart? (:
I just had another idea but it seems that I lost it :(
if this was an Arnor fan-made book then I'd be lucky, I'm building on some ruins and walls etc. for them :p maybe I'll make an article some time... but now, this Dwarven book, and.. exams :( (hate those things! >.<) who doesn't? :p but if I could make something like that tell me and I'll try it (: but I'll do it tomorow, got alot of homework right now... :(

Jorn. (:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:03 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Radagastbird wrote:
@Eothain,

Sorry to intrude on your book-production, but his username is Eaothen. Eothain is a completely different user.

From what I've seen of this, it looks like a very good Dwarf book. You should go replace the guys who write for GW. :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:05 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

@ Eaothen Maybe you could try making some terrain for a speccific scenario.(thrid deep seems interesting)

I've made a map for the first scenario.
please tell me what you think of it and what I should change (more trees diffrent road).
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:08 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

@ eaothen, thanks for making the great story, i like it, it can easyily put into pieces as introduction to the campgains.
@ ingold, thanks for liking it, thats why we're making it! if you have any ideas, just post them^^
@aqan, if you see any errors in my stuff(scenario's) you may change it as well, since i dont know if my grammer is okay at all times

keep the good work up guys!

edit: @aqan, the map looks nice, far better than mine!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:12 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

@ Captain Ingold: people confuse my name all the time, I think it's to difficult xD but I've got Eaothen from playing LOTRO, that's my character there :D lv 34 champion ^^ but I haven't played for a while... :( but thanks you like the book so far :D
@ Aqan: well, I ment building little things, like how to create your own dwarven mine cart, or the mirors in Khazad-dûm or something, building big terrain never turn out good by me :( and btw, I don't have the materials I need, I ran out of my modelling flock and the rocks, and I don't have anymore (super)glue.. but I could do something else? If I could make the mine carts etc. tell me. (: or I could write something more? (: what you think? (:
@ BaruKhazad: I'm glad you like it :D but what do you guys think of a background in the documents? we can't leave it white, can we? some colour would be cooler^^ like GW use for the sourcebooks? if someone could find it :p

Jorn. (:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:03 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

how about this:
http://www.lonelyknight.0fees.net/ARMY% ... THEMED.doc

it's a dwarf themed dwarf army list (word doc) from tla.

hope it helps :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:53 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Phantom_Lord wrote:
how about this:
http://www.lonelyknight.0fees.net/ARMY% ... THEMED.doc

it's a dwarf themed dwarf army list (word doc) from tla.

hope it helps :-D

I really like it :D but the others have to like it to of course (: thx man! :D
Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:14 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

looks good^^

what do you all think?
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:18 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I wouldn't mind it for a couple pages although I think a 'granite' or 'old paper' look would fit better, maybe with rune borders.

If we are going to use it, we should ask Lonely Knight from TLA for his permission.

Random Note: I vouch for a better Gimli :gimli: :lol:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:10 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

It looks great but when you look closely at the picture you see a few parts are missing.
(black lines through the image)
Just as a diffrent option I've looked at the gw site and I've found their background for the supplements.
This is one of the page of my paint guide with the background.
(low qualty picture you can see the real one in the dropbox folder)
I think it looks great but tell me what you think of it.

@ eaothen A mine cart would be great (perhaps with a litle conversion for a miner with pickaxe)

And perhaps someone could make a guide for the armoury.[/img]
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:21 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

aqan wrote:
@ eaothen A mine cart would be great (perhaps with a litle conversion for a miner with pickaxe)

And perhaps someone could make a guide for the armoury.[/img]

well, good you say that :D I have a converted dwarf with pickaxe lying around :D and I've also got that thing where a smith works on (can't remember the word at the moment) >.<' but I'll need some glue first and that would be probably next week, to busy at this moment to build.. sorry :( but I'll tell you how it's going (:

Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:41 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

i say we use aqan background, cause it looks like all the other supplements:O but im not the only one to decide

@aqan, i can see the background in your khazadguard article but i cant open the file of the background on its own (someway i cant open a .cpt file, or i just dont know with what kind of progamm i should open it)

@eaothen, if you could make the article, it would be great!
i was planning a scenario with miners. but thats a scenario in campaign 1 when the miners awake the balrog

after i've finished my test(tomorrow and monday are the last two) i put up the next scenario(already worked it out on paper and testplay etc, but typing takes more time someway)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:01 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I've fixed it.
You should now be able to open the file.
I had accidently saved it as a corel photo paint file (cpt) (its something like photoshop but much older).

@ Barukhazad good luck with the last tests.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:00 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

BaruKhazad wrote:
@eaothen, if you could make the article, it would be great!
i was planning a scenario with miners. but thats a scenario in campaign 1 when the miners awake the balrog

well, I'll make the article somewhere next week, I have my exams on Tuesday and Wednesday and after that I'll make it (since I also got my glue on saturday.. I'm stuck now because I ran out..)
but I'll let you know :D

Jorn. (:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:38 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Dwarf Miners with pickaxes is something I have been waiting for a long time and have made some stats for a Dwarf Mining Leader.

I wonder if I should start a new thread somewhere else or put it here (as it is quite lengthy)

@Aqan, I finished reading the paint guide, very nice 8)
@Eaothen, loved the pictures you added to the history :-D
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next