All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:36 am

Post subject: The Burning of the Villages
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:19 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I really like the scenes in TTT when the wildmen and dunlendings raid the villages, and since I have recently made some new terrain, i could not help make a scenario to play...

The Burning of The Villages

layout:

A smallish board with a Rohan village scene in the centre. the village should consist of 3 houses, a beacon, any amount of barricades around the edges of the village, a town hall, and any other small features you have suitable for a village scene.

participants:

14 rohirrim on foot - 5 with shields, 2 with throwing spears, 7 with bows
5 riders of rohan (2 with throwing spears, none can use bows)
morwen ( House Rule - see below)
Aragorn
legolas
Gimli

The Elites:
Uruk Hai captain with heavy armour
6 uruks with (heavy armour &) pikes
20 uruks with (heavy armour &) shields

The scouts:
Uruk hai captain with armour
4 Uruk scouts (with armour &) bows
6 orcs with shields

The Men of Dunland:
1 dunlending chieftain
4 dunlendings with armour and shields
4 dunlendings with 2 handed weapons
4 dunlendings with bows
8 wildmen of Dunland

starting positions:

The town hall should be in the centre of the village and all good models are deployed within 6" of it. The Evil models are placed within 6" of the north board edge.

objectives.

good: The good side win if The evil force is reduced to 25% of its starting numbers (13 kills).

evil: The evil side win if they defeat 50% of the rohirrim (8 kills), They must also burn at least 2 houses (see below). If at any point during the game, Aragorn is slain, the evil side automatically wins.

special rules:

"Burn the houses!": If an evil model in in base contact with a building and NOT in combat at the beginning of the fight phase, the house becomes lit and roaring flames destroy the building. once lit, the Uruk may move away as normal in the following move phase and fight elsewhere or burn something else. Good models can not extinguish fires.

"Protect the Village Hall": the village hall is of great importance. Therefore, it counts as 2 buildings when being burnt.

Morwen, Defender of Rohan: A woman who has decided to stay to protect the village. She does not count towards the number of rohirrim and she has the following profile:

F S D A W C M/W/F
3/- 3 5 1 1 4 1/1/1

wargear: armour, shield, sword or axe (hand weapon).

C&C welcome!!! :)

Last edited by Corsair on Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:33 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

imo it's to easy for good, they have aragorn, gimli and legolas together those three can kill 13 uruk-hai even before the reach the buldings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:29 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

joris267 wrote:
imo it's to easy for good, they have aragorn, gimli and legolas together those three can kill 13 uruk-hai even before the reach the buldings.

yeah, I have had the same reply on other forums - cheers for the comment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:13 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

:)) . Nice...
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:21 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

on my opinion i would add alot more uruks to the evil side to make it fair for them
but on the whole a great mission would love to play it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:05 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

maximus wrote:
on my opinion i would add alot more uruks to the evil side to make it fair for them
but on the whole a great mission would love to play it

ok, i will bump up the number of uruk-hai.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:33 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

This is almost identical to a scenario in TTT book. Nice changes (town hall, including the three hunters), and I like your unique defender.

The main issue I see is that the balance point of the scenario is too narrow. If the evil player gets his chance, the house is gone. In the similar scenario in TTT book, it may take a bit for the Uruks to get the fires going, the fires spread slowly, and the defenders have a chance of putting them out. This broadens the balance point and makes exact numbers less important.

I'm confused about your good win condition: you said evil must be "reduced to 25%", which means 1/4 remaining or about 15 models (you have 59 by my count). Then you said they need to get 13 kills. This would leave over 3/4 left. If you meant the first, how about make it to the death and use the normal rules for broken on the evil side (defenders don't roll for broken). If you meant the second, seems too easy for good, and thematically I'm not sure why evil would stop so soon.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:44 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

whafrog wrote:
This is almost identical to a scenario in TTT book.

I will take this as a compliment as I have never read any of the journey books before.

Whatfrog wrote:
I'm confused about your good win condition: you said evil must be "reduced to 25%", which means 1/4 remaining or about 15 models (you have 59 by my count). Then you said they need to get 13 kills. This would leave over 3/4 left. If you meant the first, how about make it to the death and use the normal rules for broken on the evil side (defenders don't roll for broken). If you meant the second, seems too easy for good, and thematically I'm not sure why evil would stop so soon.

i made loads of changs earlier today, so I may have written something that contradicts something else - I will have a read and make some changes - Thanks btw.