All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:13 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Forge World open day news
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:19 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Coenus Scaldingus wrote:
Or, you know, just wait a while and see what happens.

A few months ago, there was nothing, no support whatsoever. Miniatures were disappearing from the webstore left, right and centre, including those that were vital to make certain armies playable in the game. Since then, we've seen a number of these (and others that have been out of production for much longer) re-appear. There are new figures on the horizon, a new book (and more to come). The team responsible has been involved in the community online and on tournaments, sharing information and giving regular updates. None of this chimes with "GW's" behaviour in the past. Nobody expected anything of the sort even mere months ago. So maybe, just maybe, wait a bit longer, and see in what other ways they may behave differently now. They may well visit shows nearby. Or release another figure only available for that appearance near you. Or offer the figures for sale online on the same day it would be available on an event. And even if not, event-only models are hardly a new thing: it's just that GW never did them for LotR before (as far as I remember).

It's good for them to know people are interested in these figures though, so be sure to let them know - it's just that I would reserve judgement until we have more information on which to judge the new team and their actions.

Amen, exactly what i think!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:05 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

We have to remember that GW is still taking a huge risk with the Middle-Earth line right now. The fact t that they're remaking stuff at all is good enough for me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:31 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpf9SmxB304

Nothing new really, but Forge world commenting on the subject.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:22 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Eric wrote:

Anyone know why the video is "unlisted" (only viewable through the link and does not appear on the channel)?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:37 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Lord of Edoras wrote:
Eric wrote:

Anyone know why the video is "unlisted" (only viewable through the link and does not appear on the channel)?

Timing, sometimes there's a delay between it being available on different media and I've noticed a big delay from eBay on some other videos from other sources.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:04 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Coenus Scaldingus wrote:
Or, you know, just wait a while and see what happens.

A few months ago, there was nothing, no support whatsoever. Miniatures were disappearing from the webstore left, right and centre, including those that were vital to make certain armies playable in the game. Since then, we've seen a number of these (and others that have been out of production for much longer) re-appear. There are new figures on the horizon, a new book (and more to come). The team responsible has been involved in the community online and on tournaments, sharing information and giving regular updates. None of this chimes with "GW's" behaviour in the past. Nobody expected anything of the sort even mere months ago. So maybe, just maybe, wait a bit longer, and see in what other ways they may behave differently now. They may well visit shows nearby. Or release another figure only available for that appearance near you. Or offer the figures for sale online on the same day it would be available on an event. And even if not, event-only models are hardly a new thing: it's just that GW never did them for LotR before (as far as I remember).

It's good for them to know people are interested in these figures though, so be sure to let them know - it's just that I would reserve judgement until we have more information on which to judge the new team and their actions.

Lets put this way. You're not wrong.

Thank goodness theyre supporting the hobby.

But you're looking at it in a positive standpoint as a fan/customer.

The way I see it from a business stance:

1. They have no where to go but up. They were at rock bottom in terms of what they offered us, and how they supported us. If youre that bad, of course you have no where to go but up.
2. Its obvious that the effort of the customer/hobbyists especially the GBHL community, channel, and now the DCHL efforts are what has pushed this. Without everyone else doing their work for them, they wouldnt have done this.

By all means, I am warming back up to Games Workshop like never before. That being said....its their obligation to do these things for us if they want to make money and retain us as customers. Long have they seen their profits slowly go to individuals on ebay and other such sites. They are happy to regain their piece of the pie.

In the future, it would be nice if they treated all of their communities the same. If they want to maximize their profits(because lets be honest, thats what most of this is about) they should treat customers like this is a proportionate relationship.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:39 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

It is really hard for a business to support all parties when one product out performs the other. As much as I love LOTR, 40k is where GW makes their money. That's why they dropped everything else.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:44 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

jdizzy001 wrote:
It is really hard for a business to support all parties when one product out performs the other. As much as I love LOTR, 40k is where GW makes their money. That's why they dropped everything else.

You can not sell it if you do not make it. :o
I am not interested in 40K so I am not interested in GW.
I was looking for news. There does not seem to be much.

The last time I spoke with Forge World they were not able to keep up with production of 40K related product. I do not see anything that gives me any or more confidence in them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:52 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Since when have you used ANY GW models? Seriously, I've never seen you say that you were interested in any LotR models made more recently than 1989.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:13 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Draugluin wrote:
Since when have you used ANY GW models? Seriously, I've never seen you say that you were interested in any LotR models made more recently than 1989.

I have at least 500 points of all of the LOTR Armies. I purchased all of the LOTR models as they were released. I purchased several complete collections for trade. I understand that many people missed many of the LOTR models when they were available.I missed many of the LOTR models from the 70's for the same reasons many of you missed the more current figures.When I learned about GW's was going to produce LOTR figures again in the late 90's, I made arrangements for a standing pre order.I painted what I liked to play years ago.

I can't purchase anything new if there is not anything new.I do not collect resin so I only buy what I like.I might pick up some of the Lake Town Plastic buildings if it ever makes it to production.

Seriously :P

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:19 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Ok, well my point still stands. You complain that GW doesn't have anything new, but even when they DID have new stuff in the last few years, you refused to buy anything.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:49 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

So old man willow you didn't buy ANY Hobbit line stuff??

There's a lot of plastic but you said resin you don't collect so.....just curious.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:51 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Draugluin wrote:
Ok, well my point still stands. You complain that GW doesn't have anything new, but even when they DID have new stuff in the last few years, you refused to buy anything.

Seriously :P You have no idea what I buy.

Troll away again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:44 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

LordoftheBrownRing wrote:
So old man willow you didn't buy ANY Hobbit line stuff??

There's a lot of plastic but you said resin you don't collect so.....just curious.

I stopped collecting when GW started switching to resin. I purchased most of the Plastic sets and constructed Goblin Town and a Barrel rider scenario board. I have been working on some Hobbit projects too.

I obviously purchased the barrel riders.

I use my metal LOTR dwarves and Goblins plus my large collection of Grenadier and Black Tree

The Hill of Sorcery gets the most use in Role Play. Check out the new D&D Characters of Middle Earth Player's guide.

Moria is most often the location during role play.

I don't collect resin means I only buy a few from time to time. I prefer metal. Plastic is sometimes the only practical choice.Resin is practical for large creatures. The new PVC materials are superior.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:18 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Those are all nice e obviously but I really love your river. One of the more enjoyable ones I've seen.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:49 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

LordoftheBrownRing wrote:
Those are all nice e obviously but I really love your river. One of the more enjoyable ones I've seen.

I based it on the scenario in the book.It did not get as much play as I would have liked. I have ordered some new molds.My next project will be the Hobbiton mill. I am going to build a movie version and a book version .

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... escription
Some hobbits well suited for roleplay and Frostgrave

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:36 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I'm digging the castle courtyard behind the river. They're all really cool though
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:19 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

jdizzy001 wrote:
I'm digging the castle courtyard behind the river. They're all really cool though

Tom Kelly built that for chariot racing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:16 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Did somebody get interesting news at the double campaign weekend at warhammer world? Normally we should get some preview of new models if I am not wrong ?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:07 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Here the little news from the week end, at the end of video there are photo of the gundabad ogre:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next