All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:24 am

Post subject: Orcs, Gondor, Wildmen, high elves campaign
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:00 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

my friends and i are heading up to a cabin for a week and made plans for a Lord of the Rings campaign. the armies are Dunland(yes, pure Dunland, i don't know how he got them, probably on E-bay), Minas Tirith, my proud Mordor orcs, and High elves. i have been told that since its my cabin, its my campaign to set up. we agreed no named heroes, invented rules for nighttime fighting, starvation, cold, desertion, reinforcements, confusion, and diplomacy, in order to make the campaign as realistic as possible. we wanted to set up the campaign in Arnor, Angmar, Ettenmoors, North downs, South Downs, Rhudaur, Trollshaws area. the theme is that this is placed after the witchking has subjugated the kingdoms of Arnor and Gondor has sent an army to reclaim it. currently ruling as the puppet king of Arnor is a barbarian chieftain descended from the line of ulfang. he and his tribesmen have thrown off the yoke of the kingdoms of armor and become savage warriors. the witchking however is fleeing to mordor to regroup with the nazgul for news of the war and to convene with their master. thus the barbarian tribesman has to handle the invading Gondorians by being difficulty diplomatic with reinforcements from mordor, siege warfare and skirmishes with the gondorians and elf raids on the supply caravans.
 Post subject: Re: Orcs, Gondor, Wildmen, high elves campaign
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:59 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

This sounds like a most interesting campaign. How do you work out the...
BrotherRuggles wrote:
invented rules for nighttime fighting, starvation, cold, desertion, reinforcements, confusion, and diplomacy

Would love to see some battle reports or a entire campaign overview.

Post subject: Re: Orcs, Gondor, Wildmen, high elves campaign
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:32 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

That's actually a very good back story for a campaign. Due to so few people using them, I am mostly looking forward for the Dunlending battles to be honest.