All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:04 pm

Post subject: Re: GBHL Batrep suggestions
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:49 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I would like to see some dwarves!!! Or other a Moria or Angmar army.

I would also love to see some siege battle reports!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:25 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I would most like to see a custom built Fornost in which Arnor defend the fortress from the witch king and his army ( if you ever played the BFME2 ( Rise of the Witch King expansion on PC , you will know the battle i am on about , final battle of the evil campaign) with a 750 Grey Company army versus a 1.5k Evil angmar army, i estimate it would take a good couple Camera recharges , couple of days just to upload the the battle in say 8 parts. And a good 10hours of your time :)

Evil Angmar have to reach the main building at the back within so many amount of turns perhaps and defeat the reinforcements ( hobbits , galadhrim , )
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:10 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

RefluentMonk wrote:
I would most like to see a custom built Fornost

Really? :shock: If I'm honest, I'm not sure a siege will be a hit with the viewers, not until the very end anyway.

I'll be bringing my fully converted Army of Thror and Hunter orcs up when I eventually decide to make the journey north. Jan/ Feb hopefully, funds depending.

I'd like to see some hobbit based scenarios from the rulebook, I think they'd be perfect to stir up interest before the new movie.

Mid Sussex Wargamers
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:25 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Yeah I would like to see some of the new hobbit models make an appearance.
Some battles from efgt would be good to see

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:31 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Good ideas so far.....keep the game beautiful with painted minis and do whatever force you want.....but.....

You guys need to do scenarios. Show us rules. Get people into the grit of it. Do a crazy goblin town scenario where you have stumpy dwarves doing leap tests and maybe falling to their death. Show us special ring wraith rules. Omg if I lived in Britain is bring over my trolls and face off against you and use every one of their special rules and basic monster rules! Show me how you made an army of upgraded corsair reavers And explain to views how ppl like grimbold and gildor pay to add to their troops. I know when I was young and first got into this I thought magic was stupid and it was shield bashing and head butting on a grassy plain. Nope! Really reach out there especially with the cool new Dos miniatures (if you really want to support your hobbit hobby show them new rules)

Heck...do a scenario where the board is supposedly the top of a mountain and each turn you roll a die 6 to see how many of your troops made it up that turn. You can start with a hero and one warband at the top and wait for reinforcements and whoever reaches an objective and holds it wins. Anything like that just off the top of my head.

Bring some spice like that in.

I loved the harad wood elf battle. Why? Legolas leapt onto the howdah to beat down some hara rim and then the mumak went nuts and took out a building only after haldir and the wood elves were slaughtered. And haldir took forever to kill.....that battle=epic.

Keep up the good work friends from across the pond!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:25 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

It will be nice to see High elves, as they are some of the nicest models in the range. I agree that it will be nice to see some book/film scenarios, and the nice painting of the armies is always nice, so more of what you've done is always good.
Must admit it would be nice to see Sauron being used in one, just to see what would happen :P
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:06 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

You'll be pleased to hear that my High Elves are nearly done! And some of them feature in a batrep that goes out this week :)

As for scenarios, trust us, it's on our to do list! But lot's of models to get that we haven't got to work through those bad boys… we'll get there!

Thanks for all the fantastic feedback and suggestions and keep it up!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:18 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Thermo wrote:
You'll be pleased to hear that my High Elves are nearly done! And some of them feature in a batrep that goes out this week :)

As for scenarios, trust us, it's on our to do list! But lot's of models to get that we haven't got to work through those bad boys… we'll get there!

Thanks for all the fantastic feedback and suggestions and keep it up!

Yay, yay and yay. High elves…
Don't worry, we'll keep Supporting our Hobbit Hobby! :wink:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:05 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Nazgul! I want to see some Ringwraiths in action :)

Also, thanks for the batreps. As a new player, they are really helpful.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:11 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

^yeah what he said. The more unique and interested characters and powers the better to learn from.

Im not saying you guys have done this, because your reports are great! but I dont need to see Boromir, or some lame duck characters a bunch like on some ppls reports.

Characters that even a beginner would know how to use are all well and good, but the named wraiths, floi stonehand, gandalf/rafagast etc with cool rules should be used to teach.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:42 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

hey, I just saw this batrep.

The layout for this was really cool, I would love to see lotr in this format with that high quality.