All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 6:33 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Thermo's 500pt All Cavalry Rohan
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:56 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Interesting report and I can see the haradrim army was a sort of sweet/bitter taste, very good rolls on the mumak and killing your riders but at same time poorly to win combat :P
He was really luck that inicial mumak charge claimed eomer when you missed all fate to absorv wounds, but also lucky you had that centerpiece terrain not letting the mumak pass... its game´s luck after all lol
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:29 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

With your increasing experience commanding an all-mounted Rohan army, and now having played against those Haradrim, do you think all-mounted Harad could compete in a similar way?
They lack good sources of might aside from Suladan, and are obviously of glass much more brittle than the Rohirrim, but make up for it with sheer numbers. Main worry is the low Fight, although I've got some 10 Serpent Riders.
Lack of S4 and throwing spears are compensated by lances, just imagine those Serpent Riders against Wood Elves (re-rolling 1s, failing 2s and wounding on a 3+)! Just like Rohan, they can get plenty of archers, none with the outrider's skills, but at least all with poisoned arrows.
As they are weaker, it will be more important to manoeuvre well and bring all to bear at the same moment (charging from all directions at once), then hope the opponent doesn't roll too many 6s to win fights...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:57 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Yikes! 3 wins out of 3 against Wood Elves, Dwarves and a Mumak? 2 Against Jamie?!?!? You're making a damn fine case for an all mounted Rohan force being competitive Thermo! I hope we get to meet on the field of battle this weekend so I can put the strawheads in their place! :-)

Looking forward to meeting you buddy

Free SBG fanzine: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29569
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:49 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

@Coenus - Look forward to answering this in more detail, hope you don't mind if I wait until after the weekend as I'd love to go through with you what I think might work or not work!

@Dr Grant - Haha I think my place is bed! It's 3.45am and I've fit three clients in, three classes and two four hour filmed batreps for the channel and STILL need to finish painting outriders to be acceptable tomorrow!

Look forward to meeting you all too, go easy on me! I shall wear a sign around my neck saying "Tournament Virgin with lack of sleep."

Anyhow, best crack on with painting!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:57 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Want to hear how the all mounted list faired at my first ever SBG tournament this weekend?

Check out this post with the link to my tournament review for Battle for Middle England in Preston this weekend!

http://www.one-ring.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=26635

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7