All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:20 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bastion battles in Gent
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:03 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

to neat - to clean for orcs, he suggests to dirty it up :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:46 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

that looks nice!
You must have been studying very hard these past few days :lol: ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:09 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

garmenhord wrote:
to neat - to clean for orcs, he suggests to dirty it up :)

yes thats what I mean :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:57 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Well, these arent orc stuffs, the chests are men's chests.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:10 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

to mix his idea with urs - why not adding some men's blood? :) i am sure they didn't let them steal it, just like that.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:53 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

These chests are in an old, empty, ruined city, and the to armies are getting in to take as many as it possible.
Anyway, I already printed out the boxes, so I wont print other ones. I also wont paint on them, cause that wouldnt look so good.
If anyone wants these boxes, send me an email addres, and I send you in illustrator or in pdf file, so you could also print it out, if you want. :)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:13 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Bastion.HUN wrote:
These chests are in an old, empty, ruined city, and the to armies are getting in to take as many as it possible.

Then wouldn't they be all dusty and cobwebby?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:30 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

No, I have no time to deal with it. If you want, I could send you the illustrator file. I have to do important things sometime also :)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:40 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Today I played against Berndion. We played WOTR, not SBG, yeee.
It was a 800 points war. Today I didnt buy any beer, cause a few days ago I woke up like this:

So I do some break now with beer drinking, but the game is still good. We played Field of Swords, we deployed from the shorter edges of the board.
I brought wargs, orcs, morannon orcs, black guards and a troll. Berndion brought two big companies of MT warriors, Kngihts and two avenger bolt thrower. He used many heroes: captains, Faramir, Pippin. I only had a Black Guard Captain and Mouth of Sauron.

I moved my orcs straight ahead to the main gondor army. The black guards and the troll came from the side.
I sent my warg to (the death) the other side.
A smaller mt team went into the forest. My wargs met with the knights at the next to the forest, and the knights and the mt warriors attack my wargs at the same time. I surprised that the wargs survived a few turns, so they hold the knights right there.
My orcs attacked the wood team, they didnt do to many casulties.
The morannon orc team went straight ahead, use the Wings of Terror magic, so they were really fast.
Berdion chose to attakc my Black Guards, but fortunately I could reach him with my troll and with the morannon orcs also, so he was trapped there. From there I tried to kill Faramir.
The artilery worked very well, made a lot of death orcs.

Most of my magics were useless. The gondorians always did the courage test, or if not, they could reroll cause of Pippin. I used Black Breath, it worked, and then I called a heroic duel with my BG captain, but then Faramir did an epic strenght. Does it aloved :?: So Faramir strenght was 10, he won the duel, killed my captain, and a few black guard. I always caused a lot of casulties to the gondorians with my 3 unit. After that in the next turn Faramir called a heroic duel to Mouth of Sauron. The same, Mouth died, orcs also. I lost so many orcs. I hate heroic duel.

On the other side my wargs died, and my orcs also after a while. They got many hits from the artilery. But fortunately the knights and the mt warriors were so far from the main battle, where I couldnt kill Faramir, but I killed everyone else, so that company has been removed.

We count the casulties. The leaders were both dead. My lost: 9 points | Berndion's: 9 points.
I almost lost everything, but I only had 2 heroes in my hole army, not as much, as Berndion. It was really surpriseing, that the result is the same exactly.
Next time I will move my formations better.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:30 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I rewrote my last battlereport, cause we counted again the points, and we realized, that the result is tie.

Since then I asked my fellows about that situation, when I used magic to reduce Faramir fight value. Then I called a duel, and faramir called a epic strenght.
The correct way then we have to roll a dice to see whose act became first. So maybe if I would win that, I could kill Faramir, and won the game. Whatever, it was fun.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:37 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

As usual, you rbattle report was interesting, looked enjoyable and contained some very good pictures. I recommend that you take one ES hero eg Gothmog or high fight hero eg Troll Chieftain for duel purposes. I hope you had fun, your report looked interesting (nice banner). I am happy that you didn't lose, but unhappy that you didn't win, (as i said before, you army looks nicest) 8)

I presume you meant his artillry killed many orcs and not just made them death. also you mena Farimir called ES and raised his fight to 10 as heroes don't have a strength value in WOTR. :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:07 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Seems very nice and enjoying battle... I love the banner :D
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:50 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Today at least I could play again with Garmenhord. We played Find the tresaure game, with 12 chests. There were 5 tresaure hidden, 3 one points, and 2 two points.
We had 700 points of Mordor, and Isengard.

Most of the tresaures were in the towers, so you had to climb up always. In the central tower, there were two tresaures. Garmen found one tresaure near to his gate, and one in the central tower. But there, his uruks couldnt came out, cause my orcs reached that point.
I was lucky, cause I found 2 tresaures very close to each other with 3 points value.
After one hour it was obvious, that I will win. Garem tried to found more tresaures, but he wasnt lucky. He tried to make a protect line among the central tower, cause he wanted to save his uruks, but I have much more soldiers, and my wargs was very usefull also, so I began to broke his line.

I was very lucky, but otherwise the fighting was exciting. I was proud for my tactics. Garmenhord was a wise enemy also :)

After that I teached Garmen for the basics of the WOTR. We played a few round 500 points war.

We didnt finished this game, cause we were tired, and it was late, and anyway, I am a little bit hangover, cause I did 4 legendary party in a row on this week.
http://youtu.be/CDGsX4CbelI
But Im awsome :)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:10 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Awesome battle report and nice pictures as always... Hmm... I wonder where the men of the village went :rofl:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:24 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Well, the city as on old empty ruined city from the South part of middle earth. Once it was a part of the Gondor Kingdom, but during the centuries it became empty. The peoples mowed away, cause there were several war, and they didnt have a very poverfull army.
After that, the wises of Minas Tirith found out that there must be several important artifacts, like books and weapons, which could be important during the wars against Sauron. But there where a spy in the court, so Sauron also get known about the city.
Both armies sent there a units, to take what is possible.

This is the backup story. I plan to make a short comic about it with the perfect rules. I think 12 chests with 5 tresaure is fine, and today I was just very lucky, but otherwise this game could be more exciting. The game area is intresting, it is a nice experience to manage your army cross the streets.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:32 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Very nice story :yay:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:48 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Today I played against Dylan. 700 points SBG, fight for death. Mordor vs Shire(hobbits, dunedains, Gandalf, Aragorn)

Well, it was pretty exciting game. Last time I beat Dylan, so I was optimist. We decided the deploying by dice, not by choice.
I cut my army into 4 main party, and I tried to attack Dylan from every side. He used a lot of bow, but it wasnt so bad. I send my wargs into the first line, that was a mistake, cause that would be better, if I use them later.

My other mistake was that I try to bring my troll from the backside. It took to many time for it to arrive. The dunedains fought like the 300 spartanian. They made a very stron line in a small place, so my orcs could surrond them.

They fought very well, after a while my army broke, several orc ran away. Hobbits tried to beat my troll, but it bite their heads. I killed some dunedains, and some hobbits, and I almost killed Gandalf, but my lostes were to huge. Otherwise my dice rolls were awfull, I had to many 1 and 2s. My dices were hangovers, like me :lol:

At the end I had 10 units, the shire survived my invasion. Well done Dylan!!!

I learned a lot from this game. Next time I will use my wargs later for ambush, and I will use my troll in the frontline, cause it is very usefull tank. Next time I will destroy the shire :twisted:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:32 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Again very nice battle report-Good luck with your next game... Don't understimate the hobbits 8)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:10 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Very good report. Comiserations to you. Good luck in the future.

May I make a suggestion. Try out a Troll Chieftain instead of a normal Troll.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:53 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

GothmogtheWerewolf wrote:
Very good report. Comiserations to you. Good luck in the future.

May I make a suggestion. Try out a Troll Chieftain instead of a normal Troll.

Well, I dont have a troll chieftain yet. Have you ever used it?
I lost this game, but otherwise I really enjoyed it, cause I learned a lot from this. I could beat the hobbit army very easily, but this time my strategy was wrong.
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next