All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:54 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:25 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Oh yeah, sorry about forgeting about the courage test, I'll check my notes on the battle.....

Yeah, it passed it as I rolled a 2 and 5 for courage test.
I reminded him he had throwing daggers but he never used them.
He completely forgot about circlet of kings despite the fact I told him about at just before the game started.

Also in response to his tactics, I did advise him to lead a strong attack against the Dragon with Glorfindel, Erestor and several High Elves. Instead he wanted to swamp the goblins and cut them up with elven blades (which did work). I also advised him to keep Elrond close to the fighting in order for his troops to benifit from Heroic Actions and so that he could use Wrath of Bruinen on the goblins.

So, yes, your right he really needs to rethink his strategy.

However, he was wise enough to put Glorfindel and Erestor in the centre of the fighting which annoyingly prevented me from charging them with the Dragon.

He was realatively easy to beat in that battle. (Which is funny because the last time he kept "feeding" the Dragon which was infuriating as he used an almost unhindered Glorfindel to cut through 2 Goblin Captains, my Goblin shaman and several other goblins before I finally killed him, after 8 gruling turns and one failure to kill Glorfindel with the dragon. He almost won that scenario because of his annoying tactics and I only beat him because Glorfindel and Eretor eventually ran out of might. )
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:31 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

The_Dragon_of_Moria wrote:
Which is funny because the last time he kept "feeding" the Dragon...

That really is the only way to deal with creatures like the dragon, balrog, etc. I'll bet if he had been less hero-heavy last time he might have won... :)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:35 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Yeah, but his problem is that he likes his heroes too much, he aquired 6 good heroes from me and bought more elven heroes so if anything, he has too much choice.

After deciding I wanted an evil moria army I bought the 4 available heroes at the time, 2 captains, shaman and Durburz. However since I didn't have Shadow and Flame or Khazad-dum sourcebooks, I could only use captains so I learnt how to use warriors (and eventualy cavalry) against equally numbered wood elves/High Elves and still wipe out large amounts of his base troops.

Since unlike me where I learnt these tactics through necessity, he thinks that he can always rely on far superior heroes to crush mine.

I really should buy him wood/high elf command so he can learn how to use his troops effectively and use them with weaker heroes.

Now completely off topic my prowlers, (my blister had 4 prowlers in it), and bat swarms arrived today!:twisted:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:58 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

And now *Drum Roll* I am finally going to finish this report, only a month since I started it.

The quick rap up:

Turn 7

Priority: Good: 4 Evil: 4
Good Priority

After the murder of Thranduil by the mighty Blue Dragon, the elves were determined to kill as many goblins as possible. Led by the fearless Glorfindel, Lord of the West and the ever resourcefull Erestor the remaining elves struck several blows against the villanous Orc Captain. The Orc only just managed to survive his last wound as fate shone apon him.

The spiteful Goblins launched a counter attack on the elves slaying two of the noble warriors in the heat of battle.

Turn 8

Priority: Good: 4 Evil: 5

The Dragon turned it's attention to the High Elves it had come to devour. The Evil Monster charged the valiant elves and ate them all in one go. :yum:

The Elves stood there ground against the relentless Goblins and failed to wound a single one. However, Glorfindel and Erestor combined their efforts to eliminate the Orc Captain killing him with a fatal blow to the head.

Turn 9 The End of the Elves

Priority: Good: 5 Evil: 6

The goblins seized the initiative, seeing that their master (The Dragon) was close by they almost knew that victory was at hand. The Goblins were in a fit of rage, so even though their force was broken they were determined to fight to the end.

A scared Wood Elf fled the battle knowing that defeat was inevitable.

The Goblins charged the remaining elves determined to slay them all, they managed to massacre 3 elves bringing the Elven Muster to its knees. The mighty Dragon spilt the blood of yet another innocent elf allowing the Goblins to win the battle.

The End

Finally......

Backlog Reduction Oath Participant - 6/53