All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:21 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:34 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

well, what can I do? I can search information, that's all, sorry :oops: like I said before, I got no terrain and my camera isen't such a good quality.. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:14 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Eaothen-the-brave wrote:
well, what can I do? I can search information, that's all, sorry :oops: like I said before, I got no terrain and my camera isen't such a good quality.. :(
if you like, you always could make some sort of article of the information you gathered.
aqan made a bit of history but im sure you can always add material as example an article of dwarfrunes (I was browsing through shadow&flame, in which they have an article about dwarfrunes)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:58 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Scenario 6: An unexpected visit

Description:
On one day Balin decided to look into Mirrormere like Durin did many years ago. He walked into the Dimrill Dale and watch over the shiny water. But suddenly, flying arrows all around him. Where does these arrows come from and who’s that stout assassin? Will Balin be lucky enough to tell the tale?

Historical participants:
Good Start force:
Balin with Durin’s axe

Good reinforcement:
Óin with heavy armor
Ori with heavy armor and The book of Mazarbul
Frár with heavy armor
Lóni with heavy armor
Náli with heavy armor
1 Dwarf warrior with banner
8 Dwarf warriors with shield
8 Dwarf warriors with bow
8 Dwarf warriors with two-handed weapon
6 Khazâd Guards
4 Dwarf rangesr with dwarven longbow
4 Dwarf rangers with throwing axes
4 Dwarf rangers with two-handed weapon

Evil Start force:
2 Goblin captains with bow
3 Goblin warriors with bow

Evil reinforcement:
1 Orc captain on a warg
2 Warg riders
2 Warg riders with bow
2 Warg riders with throwing axe
2 Cave trolls with troll-chain
2 Goblin captains
2 Goblin shaman
16 Goblins with bow
16 Goblins with shield
16 Goblins with spear

Lay-out & Deployment:
The battle takes place in Dimrill Dale on a 112 by 112 cm board. In the rightupper corner is a lake placed. This lake represents Mirromere(counts as difficult terrain). Furthermore there’s one big rock on the side of mirromere. Behind this rock is the evil deployment zone. Evil deploys 2 goblin captains with bow and 3 goblins warriors with bow. Good deploys Balin with Durin’s axe. The rest of the forces are kept aside as reinforcements(see special rules).

Objectives:
The good side needs to reduce 50% of the total evil force.
The evil side needs to kill Balin.
If both happens in the same turn it is a draw.

Special rules:
Unaware: At first Balin is unaware of the dangerous archers behind the rock and is looking into Mirromere. To represent this the player with priority moves Balin untill the alarm is raised.
Alarm: If Balin gets within 14cm of an evil creature, he raises the alarm. If Balin gets hit by an arrow he raises the alarm. The next turn after the alarm is been raised, the good and evil reinforcements arrive.

Point match:
Select 100 points as starter forces and 700 points as reinforcements. The evil player selects this from the Moria and dwellers below list. The good player selects this from the Moria expedition list.

eurah, another scenario, just a few to go with this campaign, and then i'm going to work on the others
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:04 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Location: Hear the sinister whisper of steel on leather? The quiet footsteps? You've found me.
Looks good.
8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:59 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

looks like he will just be pinned down by the archers before the reinforcements get there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:16 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

with my little test-play he wasnt pinned down, but if you got any advice and/or upgrades, just tell them
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:44 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

BaruKhazad wrote:
Eaothen-the-brave wrote:
if you like, you always could make some sort of article of the information you gathered.
aqan made a bit of history but im sure you can always add material as example an article of dwarfrunes (I was browsing through shadow&flame, in which they have an article about dwarfrunes)

I'll see if I could do that, I don't have much time at the moment but I'll see (: but who should I sent the article when I finish it?
(:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:07 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Eaothen-the-brave wrote:
BaruKhazad wrote:
Eaothen-the-brave wrote:

I'll see if I could do that, I don't have much time at the moment but I'll see (: but who should I sent the article when I finish it?
(:

take your time, like the rest of us
if you've finished the article, you could send it to radagastbird, me or aqan
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:56 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

BaruKhazad wrote:
Eaothen-the-brave wrote:
BaruKhazad wrote:
Eaothen-the-brave wrote:

(:

take your time, like the rest of us
if you've finished the article, you could send it to radagastbird, me or aqan

ok I'll do that (: I'll see when I've got time, cause exams are coming up in less then 2 weeks.. :( and I don't have much time before they start so... but I'll search around after the exams, I promisse :-D
cheers :rofl:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:36 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I'm slighty trying to get a hand on the rules and I'm about to start playing a few small battles, which will be Dwarves vs. Goblins. So I checked your scenarios and like the idea of starting very small (gives me a good chance to start and learn slowly with the rules :D )

Just reading through your scenarios, I got a few questions on the 3rd one:

BaruKhazad wrote:
Scenario 3: The Pillars of the First Hall.

Special rules
Reinforcement:
At the beginning of the game 15 goblins are kept a side (this may include captains and shamans, as long as it are goblins). At the end of each evil-movement-phase the evil player can chose to put the goblins into play. The goblins come into play touching one of the pillars. The goblins can only come into play if there's enough space to come into play. Only the 15 goblins can get into play this way, not casualties who found death during the match.

- Are those 15 goblins part of the participants list as quoted (in the original scenario-post), or are these 15 extra goblins the evil side can use?
- Do they all join in together, or can they be added into the game one-by-one (like 3 gobs after 1st turn, 6 gobs after 2nd turn, ...) ?

:)
I hope I can find a chance and time to try these scenarios one day soon :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:37 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

TheBucklandBrewer wrote:
I'm slighty trying to get a hand on the rules and I'm about to start playing a few small battles, which will be Dwarves vs. Goblins. So I checked your scenarios and like the idea of starting very small (gives me a good chance to start and learn slowly with the rules :D )

Just reading through your scenarios, I got a few questions on the 3rd one:

BaruKhazad wrote:
Scenario 3: The Pillars of the First Hall.

Special rules
Reinforcement:
At the beginning of the game 15 goblins are kept a side (this may include captains and shamans, as long as it are goblins). At the end of each evil-movement-phase the evil player can chose to put the goblins into play. The goblins come into play touching one of the pillars. The goblins can only come into play if there's enough space to come into play. Only the 15 goblins can get into play this way, not casualties who found death during the match.

- Are those 15 goblins part of the participants list as quoted (in the original scenario-post), or are these 15 extra goblins the evil side can use?
- Do they all join in together, or can they be added into the game one-by-one (like 3 gobs after 1st turn, 6 gobs after 2nd turn, ...) ?

:)
I hope I can find a chance and time to try these scenarios one day soon :D

good questions, i think i should make the special rule more clear

but here the answers to your questions:
-those 15goblins are part of the participants
-you may choose to put the goblins into whenever you want to. so this could be all at once, or per turn 2goblins, or whatever you want:O

hope you like the scenario's^^

@ Eaothen-the-brave, good luck with your exams! hope you will pass them with a good score
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:57 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

BaruKhazad wrote:
@ Eaothen-the-brave, good luck with your exams! hope you will pass them with a good score

yeah.. about that... xD
I'll do my best :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:27 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

@ Eaothen Good luck with the exams.

I don't have that much time myself as all the teachers want to let us do a couple of tests before the holiday.
(that a lot of tests in one week)
So, next week is gonna be really busy.
But after that week it's one lovely week without school. :D
I'l start with the maps in the holiday.

@ Radagastbird How far did you got with the goblin article?
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:37 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

aqan wrote:
@ Eaothen Good luck with the exams.

I don't have that much time myself as all the teachers want to let us do a couple of tests before the holiday.
(that a lot of tests in one week)
So, next week is gonna be really busy.
But after that week it's one lovely week without school. :D

same here xD I'll start with the history in the holiday (:
and you good luck with the exams to, aqan ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:16 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

same here, everyone has tests coming weeks it seems:P

@eaothen, aqan made a bit of history of khazad dum, you could read his history so you know what to do(and with that i mean, just write something what didnt include aqan's history so we dont have 2 same histories, and we dont want to just throw one of them away)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:52 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

@ eaothan Did Barukhazad invite you to dpropbox?
If not send me an pm with your email adress and I'll send you the history.
It still needs to be split in three parts and it needs a few more pictures and perhaps a few touch ups as my writing stile can be boring.

I'm once more ill (fifth time since summer) :x :-X
So it's gonna be a really interesting week at school.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:01 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

aqan wrote:
@ eaothan Did Barukhazad invite you to dpropbox?
If not send me an pm with your email adress and I'll send you the history.
It still needs to be split in three parts and it needs a few more pictures and perhaps a few touch ups as my writing stile can be boring.

I'm once more ill (fifth time since summer) :x :-X
So it's gonna be a really interesting week at school.

I just pm'ed you (:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:24 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

E-mail is on it's way.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:26 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

aqan wrote:
E-mail is on it's way.

I received it, I responded it (:
btw, I've got some time today so I'll work on the history today (: not that much but I'll do something xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:07 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

How about an invasion of moria by some other dwarf clan. I`m starting dwarves, and it`s based around a army with many rangers and warriors led by Dvalin with green shields and capes would fit. Well that`s my five cents :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next