All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:31 am

Post subject: herioc actions in the same turn
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:28 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

what happens if both players use a heroic action on the same time?
i wondert after reading gotmogs special ability

Post subject: Re: herioc actions in the same turn
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:00 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Quote:
what happens if both players use a heroic action on the same time?
i wondert after reading gotmogs special ability

I'm not sure if i got this right but i think both players roll and who ever gets the highest roll does their heroic action first, then the other player does their heroic action, then the player with piority finnishes off what they had to do that phase(if its a move phase then they finnish moving the rest of their models), then the other player finnishes off what they had to do that phase. then your done.

Its either that or you roll a dice on a 1,2,3 good side does their heroic action first 4,5,6 evil side does their heroic action first.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:04 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

The second one is right.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:52 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

ok thanks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:04 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Actually, it says in the rulebook (I'm assuming this is discussion about SBG) that whoever has Priority decides if they want to call any heroic actions THEN the other player (the one without Priority) can choose if they want to call any heroic actions. After that, the game continues as normal with the player who has Priority moving/shooting etc. with his models.

In this case, if Gothmog's controlling player has Priority and does not choose to call any Heroic Actions (assume it's the move phase), then the opposing player decides to launch a heroic move within range of Gothmog's ability. The result is that Gothmog calls a Heroic Move that is worked out before the opposing player's heroic move.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:41 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Herkine wrote:
Actually, it says in the rulebook (I'm assuming this is discussion about SBG) that whoever has Priority decides if they want to call any heroic actions THEN the other player (the one without Priority) can choose if they want to call any heroic actions. After that, the game continues as normal with the player who has Priority moving/shooting etc. with his models.

In this case, if Gothmog's controlling player has Priority and does not choose to call any Heroic Actions (assume it's the move phase), then the opposing player decides to launch a heroic move within range of Gothmog's ability. The result is that Gothmog calls a Heroic Move that is worked out before the opposing player's heroic move.

You're saying the Heroic Actions of player who has priority trumps over those of the other player?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:08 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Yes. It says that under the Heroic Actions section of the SBG rulebook.

e.g. If it's the Move Phase and the player with Priority does not wish to call a Heroic Move, the opposing player then decides if they want to call a Heroic Move. If they do then the Heroic Move is worked out before others and then the Move Phase continues as normal. If the player with Priority DOES decide to call a Heroic Move, then it'd only make sense for the opposing player to call a Heroic Move if they wish to call it a good distance from the Priority player's move. Otherwise, the Might Point would usually be wasted.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:11 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

You seem to have misinterpreted the rules. The player with priority may decide whether or not they will use a heroic move first. Then the other player may decide. Then, if (and only if) the other player decides to calls a heroic action, the first player may change his mind. If both players call the same type of heroic action, it is determined with a dice - 1-3 evil wins, 4-6 good wins. It doesn't really matter who calls a heroic action first, they just make you do it in turn to keep it ordered.

Edit: You can find this on Page 38 of the MoM rule book, under the heading "Heroic Actions".
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:18 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

emperor_thompson wrote:
You seem to have misinterpreted the rules. The player with priority may decide whether or not they will use a heroic move first. Then the other player may decide. Then, if (and only if) the other player decides to calls a heroic action, the first player may change his mind. If both players call the same type of heroic action, it is determined with a dice - 1-3 evil wins, 4-6 good wins. It doesn't really matter who calls a heroic action first, they just make you do it in turn to keep it ordered.

Edit: You can find this on Page 38 of the MoM rule book, under the heading "Heroic Actions".

Hmm, maybe I missed that spot then. I don't remember anything about the Priority player being able to change his mind. However, I don't have a rulebook nearby so I can't verify it at this moment.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:22 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

emperor_thompson wrote:

That's how I understand it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:01 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I just don't understand why the Priority player would be allowed to change his mind.

The Priority player can't change his mind after he's moved and the opposing player has moved so I don't see why he'd get to change his mind on Heroic Actions.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:01 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Because it would be pointless calling a heroic move if you already have piority... so your not actually getting anything out of it.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:15 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

ncea wrote:
Because it would be pointless calling a heroic move if you already have piority... so your not actually getting anything out of it.

No it wouldn't. If you DON'T call that Heroic Move then your opponent could leap at the opportunity to move first.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:42 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Quote:
No it wouldn't. If you DON'T call that Heroic Move then your opponent could leap at the opportunity to move first.

But then your wasting might because even if you did call a heroic move your oppenent wont call one because you called one. so then your wasting might your not even sure was usefull because you alrady have piority.