All times are UTC

It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 2:05 am

Post subject: Eregion 770pts
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:40 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Got a 770pt game tomorrow (opponent has a particular force in mind he wants to try out) so I've put this together. He's running a Khandish force with 13 horsemen, a couple of chariots, and the rest infantry, around 40 models I expect. Would love some feedback ASAP :)

WARBAND 1
Erestor
x5 High Elf
SHIELD
x6 High Elf
SHIELD, SPEAR

WARBAND 2
Halbarad
x12 Ranger of Arnor
WARBAND 3
Ranger of the North
WARBAND 4
Ranger of the North
Warband 5
Ranger of the North

WARBAND 6
Gildor
x5 Noldorin Exiles
ELVEN BLADE, THROWING WEAPONS

WARBAND 7
Rivendell Knight Captain
Shield
X5 Rivendell Knights

Plan is to stick to trees as much as I can to limit the use of those chariots. Rangers of the North should let me see how he's deployed most of his army before I start putting mine down. I'm not sure which scenario we're playing so I can't think of too specific a plan :)
 Post subject: Re: Eregion 770pts
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:59 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I think that bows on the Noldorin Exils would be a better investment than the throwing weapons.
(Actually I just looked over the list again and it kind of makes sense why you ahve then in there, so I guess you could go either way with that)

Erestor and his chaps can hold the bulk of the enemy in place with support from Halbarad. The Knights can then smash into the enemy and do what they do best. While that's happening use Gildor to lend some support with immobilize if nessesary, but he should be standing off a bit more and skirmishing/hunting down monsters.

But to fight that khand list I would say; use Erestor to hold the infantry and use the knights to wreck them. Have Halbarad shoot the enemy cavalry and hold them in place until you can bring some support from Erestor/Knights. Have Gildor zap the chariots while the wood elves chop them up with their elven blades.
That's just my personal preference on tactics though, if a better strategy reveals itself during the game go for that.

If this was to be our end then I would have them make SUCH AN END as to be worthy of remembrance