All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 4:34 pm

Post subject: Army lists for Nov Tourney
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:11 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

So I am planning on attending the BBB in Chicago early Nov. You have to run one evil and one good army over 2 days. I went heavy on theme for these but what do you guys think?

Evil Force: I dub it, "Host of the Witch King"

WB1: Witch King on Armored Fellbeast +3M/+6W/+3 F
6 orc war with shields + Spears
6 Black Numenoreans
WB2: Black Numenorean Marshall with Shield
6 orc war with shields + Spears
6 Black Numenoreans
WB3: Morannon Orc Captain w Shield
6 Morannonr orc with shield
5 orc with spears
1 orc with Banner and spear
WB4: Mordor Orc Shaman
6 Morannon Orc with Shield
6 Orc with spears

52models 750 pts. Channel fury on most of my orcs/ improved terror on the numenoreans with the Witch King's Harbinger, use hurl and transfix to lock down Heroes and knock down troops.

Good Force: I dub it," Defenders of the Pelanor"
WB1: Cirion
5 Guard of the Fountain Ct w Shields
4 warriors of Minas Tirith + spears + shields
1 Knight of Minas Tirith
WB2: Damrod
3 warriors of Minas Tirith with Shields
2 warriors of Minas Tirith with Shields + spears
4 rangers of Gondor
3 rangers of Gondor + spears
WB3: Beregond
4 warriors of Minas Tirith + Shields
4 rangers of Gondor + spears
1 warrior of MT with Banner
1 Warrior of MT with War Horn + Shiled
WB4: Madril
3 warriors of Minas Tirith with Shields
2 warriors of Minas Tirith with Shields + spears
4 rangers of Gondor
3 rangers of Gondor + spears
WB5: Knight of the White Tower
5 Guard of the Fountain Ct w Shields
4 warriors of Minas Tirith + spears + shields
1 Knight of Minas Tirith

59 Models, 750 pts, decent bow count even at 4+ on the move. They also lend thier fight 4 with spear supporting when units clash, two solid warbands built to deal with monsters.

Just finished painting them and the guys in Chicago said im ok to film the tourney so I hope to be posting it on my youtube channel in Nov. Ill send a link when they are up. Thoughts on my line up? :-D
 Post subject: Re: Army lists for Nov Tourney
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:42 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

My display boards reflect the armys' themes. I realize that there are better nazgul to run, but I got the WK atop the gate of Minas Morgul with my army spilling out across the bridge so I really dig how it turned out. I figure go with two factions that fight each other, Gondor and Mordor. I could see these guys battling it out in Osgiliath or the Pelanor during RTOK.

Hell, I even have two cheesy shirts I am going to wear at the Tourney, when I play my Gondor, I got a sweet blue T that has the white tree emblem on it, then for when I play mordor, I got a black T with Sean Bean on it that has the phrase," One does not simply walk into Mordor..."

Cant Wait!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:37 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

You invest a lot a point in your Witch King but if if it's your theme go for it !
Your list seems well thought nonetheless.
For the second one, you need some more punch imo. Maybe switch the Knight of the white tower and mounted warrior for Boromir on horse. Adjust other warbands accordingly.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:17 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Manadar wrote:
For the second one, you need some more punch imo. Maybe switch the Knight of the white tower and mounted warrior for Boromir on horse. Adjust other warbands accordingly.

Agreed. KoWT can be useful, but only if you have enough points to join him to another hero to win fights with. Boromir's pretty expensive though in 750 points...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:07 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I meant Boromir of Gondor at 115 pts.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:45 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Manadar wrote:
I meant Boromir of Gondor at 115 pts.

I just reread the OP, and if rkruse wants "heavy for theme", neither Boromir would work. Since Faramir was poisoned, and Denethor had gone mad, there's not much else to work with. In that case, it's a pretty good list.

Might consider putting the fountain guard behind the WoMT, since their spears can give the front F4, and if the WoMT fall, there's still still a tough center. Otherwise, once the fountain guard fall, it's a mop-up operation.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:51 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Yeah I was play testing these lists this past Saturday and with Gondor, I wound up placing the guard behind the Warriors once I confirmed the enemy army had no ranged to speak of. With the new rules they give fight 4 to the combat anyways and most models wound on a 6 so why put them at risk?
I agree the Gondor army has no real punch as everything is str 3 but I usually get two rounds of shots off and at 18+ bows, I average about 6 models killed before we clash.

At that point, I have had more models than the opposing force and I have been able to get atleast one flank going where I can get some surrounds. That really helps to land wounds. They are fun to play and it was fun to build and paint them. Im pretty happy with how they turned out.

I deploy Madril close to the knight so I can call Heroic strikes and have the might on hand to get the 6 I need. I also keep a knight of minas tirith with them so I can get knock to the ground on foot based Heroes. One game vs the Harad/Easterlings I was able to shoot Amdur's horse out from under him. Then later, with the knight and the single cav model, I got him knocked to the ground and 4 chances to wound with the sword at +1. He took like 6 wounds!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:26 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

nice i live right by that bunker....its a shame they closed down the first half of that store only the second part they bought still exists :( might have to make a trip back from college for that weekend for sure..... both lists look fun and strong il post mine up soon