All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:26 pm

Post subject: Moria Goblins 500pt
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:44 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hey, I've created a casual 500pt list that I think would be decent, I'll explain why after:

The Goblin Scribe
12 Goblin Warriors

Moria Goblin Shaman
Bat Swarm
Cave Troll
5 Goblins W/ Shield
5 Goblins Spearmen

Durburz
6 Goblins W/ Shield
6 Goblin Spearmen

Gundabad Captain
2 Gundabads
1 Prowler with 2H Axe
1 Goblin Spearman

The purpose of my first Warband would simply be manpower and numbers, as long as I keep the scribe up, I can introduce a continual flow of soldiers and flankers for sneak attacks.

My second warband exists as a backup unit to the first, it's purpose is to keep the Soldiers flowing (by passing courage tests) and also a counter unit.

The Cave Troll represents strong power and a troop to be feared whilst the Bat swarm backs him up and cuts down any big hero's fight value to size so the Cave troll can stomp them out easily.

Furthermore, Durburz is a strong leader, has plenty of might and fate and a long-range standfast to overcome any broken forces weakness, he takes with him decent men to keep numbers high.

Last but not least my final warband exists sort of for Flanking and suicide marches, basically kind of my.. Spec ops force, if you will ;)

Thoughts please? :D
 Post subject: Re: Moria Goblins 500pt
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:43 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Well this seems like a relatively solid list, but I think there are one or two things you may have overlookef that would make it much better if they were applied. First off i'm sure you are aware that Durburz and your shaman should always be together, as you get an instant 12" standfast, but incase this wasn't a loophole you were aware of, then there you go :)

Onto my other points, you called your last warband your 'spec ops' force, and while i understand why you would use that terminology, as everything in it is an 'elite' model, but moria 'elites' are sub par compared to most other armies, a blackshield is only fight value 2, and a prowler with shield is only defence 5, a dwarf warrior with nothing is better than both of them. Moria elites only really come out of their shell when in great number, if you convert all of your shield goblins to prowlers, you have a whole frontline equipped with throwing weapons, and the models are actually undercosted by a point, so you get mroe bang for your buck.

Also I think I would go for a Gundabad Shaman instead of the captain. With only 3 fight value he will need to call a heroic strike to even win a fight against any good hero (bar some stupid ass hobbit), whereas the shaman has a good chance to permanently disarm an enemy hero, especially at 500pts where the most common good heroes are people like Rumil and Erkenbrand, who only have one point of will to resist spells with.

I hope this helps.

P.S: Warg Marauders are easy to convert and probably the most powerful for their points unit in the game.

Last edited by SuicidalMarsbar on Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject: Re: Moria Goblins 500pt
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:58 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Prowlers without shields are only d4.

Mid Sussex Wargamers