All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 9:26 am

Post subject: Mumuk Crew and Bow Limit
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:13 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Greetings, all.

I haven’t seen the updated Harad Warband rules as we haven’t gotten the Fallen Realms book in locally. So I have a couple quick questions as I’m trying to work up a possible list.

First, I have seen discussion that a pure Harad force has a special 50% bow limit. In the Fallen Realms FAQ it provides this to Easterlings (“Easerling Warriors in warbands…have a bow limit of ½ instead of the usual 1/3). Is the Harad exception to this in the core Fallen Realms book itself?

And to expand on that slightly, my force will have a Mumuk, some Serpent Raiders and a few Haradrim on foot. Am I right to understand that the total non-Hero models (including the 12 on the Mumuk) combine for the bow limit? I would like to have 8-12 of the Mumuk riders armed with bows as spearmen up there are pretty useless. I would then offset this with an equal number of non-bow armed Haradrim between my cavalry and foot troops. But wanted to be sure I was understanding the composition properly.

advTHANKSance!

http://TacticsInMiniature.com
 Post subject: Re: Mumuk Crew and Bow Limit
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:20 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Yes, the 50% bow limit for Harad is in the book. And yes, the 12 on the Mumak count, looks like you have it right to me.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:28 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

As whafrog says they do count to bow limit.

Also, you are not limited to just Haradrinm Warriors and Raiders. You still have a 50% bow limit when including Serpent guards, Serpent Riders, Abrakhan Guard and Watchers of karna as well.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:49 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Great!

Though it's been well over a year since I played Harad in SBG, I do pack along repelling lines so my Mumuk crew can get down and personal if needed for holding objectives or such but until then spearmen are just observers up there and I HATE wasted points. I was looking to play a fun game next week with the Mumuk and one other warband, mostly Raiders and a mounted Harad King. I just didn't want to mess up something basic like this.

Along those lines, I believe it was confirmed the Mumuk IS classified as a Monster, right? I don't think we're going to use Hobbit rules this week but if my opponent does decide they want to I just wanted to be ready. :-)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:50 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

My undersatnding under the new warband rules that this is classed as a single warband (12 figs)therefore if Monster is a single figure then with either mahud beastmaster or chieftain at top your maximum carrying capacity will be 11 harad.
Also if have non bowed harad you can also upgrade with Rocks, St 6 distance 8"
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:37 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

madtankdog wrote:
My undersatnding under the new warband rules that this is classed as a single warband (12 figs)therefore if Monster is a single figure then with either mahud beastmaster or chieftain at top your maximum carrying capacity will be 11 harad.

I was under the assumption that the Mumak was the mostrous mount for the hero and thus didn't count as part of the warband and thus you can have 12 warriors on its back. Was I in thinking that?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:58 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

It is not a monsterous mount. That is clarified in the FAQ. But I believe it is classified as a Monster.

Regarding the crew, the old rules were specific:

The Commander is deployed in the top position. Two models may be deployed on the next level down. Eight may be deployed on the bottom level, and one model may be deployed in each pannier.

So it's the Commander + 12 models. When you upgrade to a Beastmaster, it replaces the Commander but stands on the forward forks. You may then place a regular model in the top position but you don't gain another warrior.

I don't believe any of that has changed with the new book but if someone has it and confirms otherwise I'll stand corrected.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:21 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Since normal warbands are 1 hero + 12 warriors. Same applies to Mumak, 1 commander + 12 crew, the Mumak doesn't count as seperate from the commander. You cannot put more than 12 in because only the Commander's Warband can go on the Mumak. A Mumak is a Monster.