All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:18 pm

Post subject: 350 Points Wood Elves?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:47 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hello!

I was wondering what is a good list of 350 points pure wood elves (so nothing Galadhrim related).

Thanks!
 Post subject: Re: 350 Points Wood Elves?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:03 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Thranduil or Legolas with 12 wood elves with bows on as many can and spears on the rest and a wood elf captain with however many wood elves with spears they can take.

A mirkwood ranger captain might be good instead with a few rangers or mirkwood elves with bows if you wanna go that route. Wood elves are just really cost efficient models. The high fight and the ability to parry with spears allows them to double up and win fights they wouldn't normally while you pick the fights you have an advantage in to strike blows in addition to letting you heroes chop through their chaff.

I kind of lean towards Thranduil since his knock feels especially relevant considering you only need to win a a handful of fight to take a serious advantage at a low points. Legolas is of course awesome and maybe a little better rounded? Aura of dismay on Thranduil is nothing to scoff at either though, especially considering at 350 there will be less fury. I bet WE do pretty well at 350.

P
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:38 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Thanks! I do have Thranduil (LOTR model) and Legolas (LOTR model). I also have 24 woodelves (8 spear, 8 bow, sword).
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:00 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Nice! I really like the old wood elf list. They're hard to play but really fun. If you manage your fights well you can do really well with them but if make a few mistakes they'll all go down since they have such low defense. I think I am leaning towards Thranduil too. The magic is really good and not many other armies will have magic at 350.

P