All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 4:27 am

Post subject: Members in Oxford
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:54 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi All,

I was wondering if there was any members from the Oxford area (UK). I apologies if there is all ready a thread about Oxford members but I couldn't find one. Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Julian I'm 21 and obviously from Oxford. Although I've been involved with the hobby and have 10,007 models to date. I actually have no idea how to play the game so looking for someone to teach me the game. I'm also just starting to paint my first models and have just completed my first ever set of painting with the Knights of Dol Amroth. The rest of my models are painted but shameless I have paid someone else to paint them :S.

So if anyone is in the area and would like to educate me in the game then I would love to hear from you.

With regards,

Julian
 Post subject: Re: Members in Oxford
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:58 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hi! I am also looking for people from Oxford. I don't live here but am a Brookes student. I went to games workshop today and apparently Wednesday is LOTR day. They play battle companies I think. Sundays 2pm-4pm LOTR is the time slot for beginners so if your looking on how to play that's your best bet. I am going home for summer soon but will be around next uni semester, so if your up for a game I am sure we can arrange something;)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:23 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

we probably bumped into each other then as i spent most of the day in their painting which is what i normally do during the week given i have lots of free time. and sounds cool yes i was aware of the sessions run in store but id much rather a 1-1 than 1-5 of something and also i tend to do things on the weekends so am hardly ever in GW at weekends. But Rob the manager is great especially for painting tips.

Regards,

Julian
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:12 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Cool. I have only been in a few times but the staff are really nice and very informative. I am up for 1-1 at some point. I haven't played for years and trying to get back into it so I need a few games to refresh myself with the rules. As soon as I have done that I would be happy to arrange something =)