All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:52 am

Post subject: London Anyone?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:09 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I recently started a similar thread on the TLA Forums, so if there are any London Gamers then please read the following:

Haldir2: Anyone live in London? I live in South-east London, so if anyone's interested in having a game, just drop me a line.

feanaro: can get to Bromley or just about anywhere in the London area from where I live (oh, the joys of living in an easily accessible town...), so if we could find more gamers, I'd be interested in meeting up. I know there's quite a few other people in the London area, so maybe rounding up a few people who are interested in a game would be an idea. We could play some campaign stuff as well, I suppose.

Haldir2: Me and feanaro were having a little chat on #TLA, and it turns out that there are more TLA gamers in London than I thought:
RockyT
Gollum Rules!
Haldir2
Feanaro
Sarumatt
Tall dwarf
A friend of Feanaro
Elrosse Cuthalion

If you ask me, we have enough people to start a gaming club. I haven't seen a lot of LOTR gaming clubs in London...

feanaro: We did both have ideas. We had the idea of making a club in London, because then it'd offer a good way for TLA members to get together more often. A weekly club was one idea, mainly for the Londoners only (I certainly won't be able to make it into London more than once a month). This'd be a good idea, and then maybe people frmo outside London come in every so often. Another reason for founding a London TLA club is our games days. Bromley took some time to get everyone in the right place - everyone would know where to go, costs, and everything would be easier. An idea I had (because of money problems) was a once-monthly get-together somewhere in London. It'd be roughly the same, just not as regular, and it would offer those who don't live directly in London (myself for one) a chance to meet other TLA members in the London/Home counties area. If there's enough interest, email H2 or myself about this club, and we'll see what happens.

feanaro: Hithero: we were thinking of seeing how many people we could get together, because numbers will be important for where to hold a London/home counties club. At my gaming club in Watford, we pay £3 to pay from about 15-20 regulars, and sometimes struggle to break even with the rent, so we need to know about prices - both H2 and myself are on somewhat limited budgets, so a public building isn't something we want to go to straight away. One district (we still need to take a closer look at the area itself) that was suggested for a possible London club was Barnet, but that was because we asked InMe if he was interested. Any of your own ideas for a possible area and place would be appreciated. As soon as we work out who's interested, we can tell you more, but help for deciding the best place for a location would be appreciated. If you can think of anyone else who might be able to make it into London for a games club, say so and we'll see what happens, once again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:30 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I would definitely go to any club that was started up, as it is getting increasingly difficult for me to get games recently.

It would have to be reasonably near to me, and preferably not a public place that is expensive to hire. For example, Bromley GW cost me about £10 just to get there.

If it were Barnet, that would be excellent, cause I live in Barnet :D:D:D. I dont know about costs, but would a school classroom or hall (depending on the size) be a valid idea?

Elrosse also lives in London, so he could come.

Stewart
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:11 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

That's good to hear that we have someone else interested! If anyone from OR wants to come, we'd be glad to have you...as soon as we're sorted out. Email GR, H2, or me and we can add your name to a list of people who are interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:26 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

can anybody get to romford GW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:30 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

haldir 2 i live in sidcup,kent

and can get to bromley GW

i havent been before so im not shure where it is there

er...im 13 so if your older and you dont want to battle me thats alright
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:56 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

im on the outskirts…

Stefan :)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:15 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

yeah i can get to bromley, i went there yesterday.

i know where it is now
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:24 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

haldir2 would like to battle althoughim 13 and not sure if i can make it to bromley or barnet - i live in ealing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:12 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I live in Croydon and can easily get to Bromley - I know they have a big games room. There is a store in Croydon and they do their thing on a Tuesday I believe. Somewhere in Central London might be ideal - maybe a room in a pub?
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:14 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Just realised I'm 3 years out of date on this forum - did anything get set up?
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:25 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Warning, thread Necromancer :)
I don't think any of these play anymore. Ben the manager of Bromley used to organise LOTR events but I've not heard from him this year despite his eagerness. I sometime travel to Bromley or Bluewater to meet up with some guy's from The Last Alliance but that would be difficult now this side of christmas.