All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:17 pm

Post subject: Goodbye for now.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:57 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hello all,

I have been a part of this site only 7 or 8 months, but I must say it has been a great experience and it is thanks to this site that my painting skills have improved dramatically and I have re-kindilled an interest in a hobby I thought to be long dead.
Everyone on this site has been fantastic, you have helped whenever I needed it and helped me feel welcome and I would reccomend this great place to anyone.

However as time goes on things change, and I am afraid to say that I have crossed the border in to the dark realm of Warhammer 40,000. me and most of my friends did at once and we are learning together all with respective armies. So as of now I regret to say that LOTR will be on hold for while, but I am not selling my minitures, they are just resting until they are needed again. I am hereby posting on some 40k websites now as that is where my interest lies (if anyone is on http://www.the-waaagh.com I might recognise you) but none of them have an atmosphere quite like this one. I will miss this place but I may still post here and there, and I will not be gone forever.

So of I go into a totally different galaxy with my trusty painting materials and a horde of Greenskins to paint, good luck everyone in both your hobby and your lives.

Highlordell.

OERP
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:24 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I sympathise. Since my boy got into 40K I've spent more time assembling Orks and Ultramarine armies than I have LotR. Not that I'm complaining. It's good to see him getting into the hobby. LotR is where my heart will always remain though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:35 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I must admit that I'm also more of a sci-fi guy myself. I love LotR, and it will always be my main focus, but I can honestly say that I have a blast doing 40k, and that at some times, I'd prefer to do something 40k related rather then LotR.

...there's nothing wrong with that :)