All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 9:32 pm

Post subject: I regret to announce...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:29 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hello all,

Some of you may have noticed my lack of activity here on OR recently (or at least I hope my absence has been noticed :wink: ). This summer has brought a lot of changes for me all ready and it looks like more are to come. With all this turbulence I've found it difficult to mantain my involvement with the hobby and this site. I've just been finding it harder and harder to get myself motivated about any of my hobby projects. It just hasn't interested me of late like it used to. Due to these reasons I'm saddened to announce that I'll be leaving the hobby and the site for now, hopefully I'll find my way back to it sooner rather then later.

I'll do my best to check in from time to time to see how all of my good friends here are doing, this site is a truly great community and I hope to stay in touch with everyone. I'm friends with quite a few members on facebook, so you can always feel free to send me a message or open up a chat with me there. I'll also try to pop into the chatroom from time to time, as that's always been one of my favorite areas of this great site. I'm truly glad that I had the chance to participate in this site and help out by writing a few articles for it. It really is a great community!

Hopefully I'll find my way back soon enough, and hopeully give more validity to my good friend Miguel's theroy that they always come back. :)

Best regards,
Josh

Bilbo
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:48 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

see you. you have been and always will be a great addition to this site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:15 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Location: Hear the sinister whisper of steel on leather? The quiet footsteps? You've found me.
While this is indeed regrettable news, it's good that you're taking a breather. I can totally understand the feeling, back when I first got started there were times when I wouldn't paint anything for 2-3 months at a time.

Good luck, and here's hoping you get your head around things before too long. I have no doubt Mac will be proven Wright (sorry, couldn't resist...) yet again.....they ALWAYS come back....

You've been one of the greatest contributors to the site, so hurry back!

(Anduril is secretly planning something very, very, crazy involving a blue squirrel if you don't come back.)

See ya around,

-Josh (#2)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:55 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Ditto Anduril.

I'm sure we'll see you back here soon.
That's why they call it a hobby, you can do it when you have time but when real life catches up it has to take priority.

Gonna miss ya til then though,
Pinky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:12 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Dear Josh,

It's been an absolute pleasure having your company in this community. There are many people who come and go within the hobby and within the OR 'village', but few have made such a lasting impression as yourself. It has been my privilege to have known you, shared some laughs with you, and admired your hobby skills and involvement in the community.

I for one will miss you on the forums and hope things work out well for you in the future. Such is the nature of life in that it often gets in the way of less important things! take care of yourself and come back from time to time to catch up and let us know how you're doing.

Keep the fire burning, stay hungry, and achieve your best!

Alan
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:22 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Josh, I can truly understand where you are coming from and it has been great having you here on the site. Gotcha as a friend on FB so I'll keep in touch there, but I am going to miss some of those great orc paint jobs of yours! ;)
Find your mojo brother and when it comes back knock us out with some more great hobby stuff!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:50 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I'm going to miss you. Thanks for all the great articles and wips you contributed to this site, as it should, real life is always more important. So enjoy your break from the hobby and once you have the time and the feeling to get back into it you will probably do a whole lot more than if you forced yourself to do it now. I know that I have had times when I have not wanted to do hobby stuff and didn't for a couple of months, but then I had a game coming up or something and suddenly I felt like finishing up an army and making new scenery. In short, if you love lotr and this hobby, you'll be back. :)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:38 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Well Josh, here's another instance to test Mig's age-old proverb regarding OR and old members...

:wink:

I hope that whatever pressures and changes aren't so drastic that we don't see you for a while. You're one of the friendliest people I know on OR, and it's been a privilege knowing you. I think I speak for the entire community when I say that we wish you all the best with whatever is attempting to push LotR aside, and hope a speedy return to the site whenever you're ready.

You'll be sorely missed, but I'm sure that whatever it is, it's important.

~~~ Ingold