All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:59 am

Post subject: Riders of Rohan Mashup with cloaks and tunics
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:23 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

It seems to me that the main difference between riders of Rohan and the many plastic historicals like vikings is the long capes and the tunics/cloaks on the Rohan warriors vs the leggings and pants on the historicals.

Recently I noticed the fireforge "Steppe" Warriors and they have the long cloaks and separate torsos. Perhaps they could be mashed up with a viking kit? Does anyone know if Fireforge figs are compatible with any of the plastic viking ranges?

The resulting figs wouldn't have the green capes the Warriors of Roham have, but it would be one step closer.
 Post subject: Re: Riders of Rohan Mashup with cloaks and tunics
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:29 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I'm afraid I don't know from experience whether the Fireforge Mongols are compatible with either the Gripping Beast or Wargames Factory Vikings/Saxons, but I would imagine they probably are.

I do think most of the current plastic historicals are a hair taller than the older LOTR figs, though. Not so much so that I personally wouldn't use them together, but I do think they're probably a bit bigger. This site has a comparison between the Conquest Norman Knights and a Rider of Rohan:

http://www.hourofwolves.org/?view=artic ... sInPlastic

Post subject: Re: Riders of Rohan Mashup with cloaks and tunics
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:24 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Thanks for the reminder about scale and the link. I'm never quite sure whether I should be measuring potential figures against the size of the early 00's minis or some of the newer figs which can be notably taller. (i.e. the difference between an old metal fellowship Gandalf and a Goblintown Gandalf).