All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:29 pm

Post subject: Black Numenorian marshals
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:34 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hello there,
I have looked on the GW website and coundn't find any black numenorian marshals/command (mouth of Sauron doesn't count)
so I was thinking of using one of the models from the set as a marshal but I cound't decide which one I should use so please help me

Post subject: Re: Black Numenorian marshals
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:01 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Black numenorian marshals do not exist. If you look at the pic its a normal warrior. I suggest you use the raised sword model as your captain or possibly convert.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:11 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Ok thanks for the help.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:32 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

If you wanted to do a simple conversion, just add a massive cloak to one of them.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:06 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Or you could use the Dark Marshal model. Maybe with a head swap. He looks more like a BN than a wraith anyway.

EDITED TO ADD: Here's what I did, tthe Drak Marshal with the head of an old metal Morgul Knight.

Last edited by GothmogtheWerewolf on Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:40 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

This is what I plan to use a Gynnade Krigare from red box games.
you can see them on their kick starter
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/110 ... vakt-horde
I participated and have five of them waiting to be assembled. They are a little on the fantasy side as far as skulls go, they are the right height but have a larger girth and a lot lot lot more detail than the GW black numenorians.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:39 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I always kind of thought some of the Anima Tactics arbiter models had a "Mordor" vibe to them, although I suspect they run on the large side (maybe closer to 32mm than the 25mm of LotR minis), so they might be out of scale with the rest of your collection.

link
link

Depending on how much conversion work you wanted to do, that might not be problematic, though. You could do a bit of trimming at key points on the arms and legs to shorten the models, or if you're up to it do some more extensive resculpting to bring them down to size. You may also want to do a weapon swap, and obviously a paint scheme with dark armor and cloak.

Castellans of Dol Guldur also seem like a decent basis for a Black Numenorean marshal conversion.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:20 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I Like the suggestions Hirumith has given, very nice miniatures but as he describes it would require a lot of extensive converting, which might not be desirable if you don't have a lot of experience (or confidence) with converting. I couldn't see a full shot of the miniature Jobu selected, but I guess it would be fine seeing the style of the sculptor.

I think the most cost- and time-effective conversion would indeed be to make one out of one of the (stunningly great selection of) three existing Black Numenorian Foot miniatures. The two with the sword arms lowered seem to be miniatures in a large block, if you'd attempt to cut it or remove/add something you're likely to damage the rest of the miniature, and seeing as they are £4 for the new finecast miniatures, that would be a waste.

So the best you could do with the existing range is slightly altering the raised arm of one of the black Numenorians, perhaps cutting it and posing it forward slightly, as if he is leading on his troops.

The best looking option (and one I was planning to do before it became utterly unaffordable) was use the Dark Marshall and then add a regular human head (from a random donor), and paint it in a sickly pale skin color.

But as with every conversion, it depends on personal taste, and how far you're willing to go.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:24 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

The guy on the right is who I will use as a marshall

Front detail Red Box Games by iLikeToPaintMinis, on Flickr
Back Detail red box games by iLikeToPaintMinis, on Flickr

Size comparison
Size Comparison between red box games and GW minis by iLikeToPaintMinis, on Flickr